DarkHorse's (almost) new Jet Black - Page 8 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

post #71 of 73 Old 08-10-18, 04:51 Thread Starter
DarkHorse675
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
June 12, 2018:

Chain clean and lube after all the rain the last couple of weeks, and gave the whole thing a wash while I was at it.

Painted the cat cover bracket black so that disappears now, and did a quick trial paint on the back of a heel guard to see how it matched the subframe, and how I liked it:

[​IMG]

It's not perfect, but pretty damn close, and I do quite like it. Naturally it's the VHT engine enamel, which is afew extra bucks per can, but it is readily available from Bunnings.

Long term plan is still for every silver part on the bike, including fairings, to become either black or that red.

June 14, 2018:

Got the freshly painted heel guards back on. Natural light shows up the colour difference, so I will likely revisit at some point, but I like it well enough for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You only live once, but live right and once is enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 73 Old 08-10-18, 04:52 Thread Starter
DarkHorse675

Garage
August 2, 2018:

I've been feeling a bit off lately... partly due to a lot of stress in various facets of life, but more than that too. Alternating between phases of almost paralysing apathy and skin crawling fidgety restlessness. Today I realised that the last time I rode the bike for fun was the Kwaka track day... which scarily was the end of April.

So thismorning I thought "fcuk it, fcuk everything else, I'm going for a ride."

Perfect day, traffic pretty light, bit more police presence than I would have liked, but damn I missed cranking this little bike into corners and firing it out feeling the front get all light and floaty...

[​IMG]

Ten mile, how I've missed thee.

Standard loop up Putty, down though Central Mangrove and straight to work via Old Pac. Square edges worn off tyres and rider.

Aaaaaaand finally up to date:

I got to do something I've wanted to do since I got this bike... I made it blackerer!

Found some second-hand black panels from a white 675R to swap out the silver panels from my black 675R (confusing, I know, but bear with me...)

So, main fairings off, and split the lower half, swap over a couple of speed nuts, and bolt up blackness:
[​IMG]

Then tail off (bit of an adventure involving seats, fender eliminator, tail light etc) and remove undertail, swap over meshy panels, a couple of speednuts, and refit blackness:

[​IMG]

I also got a couple of little bonus extras:

CF Sharkfin blackness:
[​IMG]

...and Saddleman gel seat blackness:

[​IMG]

I reckon it's a much better look than the random silver panels on an otherwise black bike. I also grabbed a spare set of the intake surround and headlight 'eyelashes' so I can paint them red to match the subframe. Should come together nicely. I am still keeping an eye out for black, red, or CF versions of rearsets, triple clamps, clip-ons, etc.

[​IMG]

I almost craftily managed not to post pics of the paint coming off the heelguards, which is annoying. Will have a rethink on that. I like them red, so maybe a tougher paint is required... or I reckon I'd like them just as much in CF... attached to some aftermarket black rearsets...

So anyhoo, with winter riding gear that looks like this, I reckon I'm now invisible to radar, let alone inattentive night drivers... but oh well.

[​IMG]

post #73 of 73 Old 08-10-18, 05:00 Thread Starter
DarkHorse675

Garage
Great, so first PhotoBucket decides that it's core reason for existing is too expensive to continue, now I can't ref pics from another website?

Awesome.

Farkit, what's the point?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement