So Im trying to troubleshoot a potential parasitic draw.
A perfectly good battery isnt able to start my bike after sitting for a week or so.
I don't believe its my charging system (stator, r/r) since it puts out 13+v while idling. I think my battery is getting a charge.
So. Last night I check my battery before going to bed it reads: 12.87v
This morning I check it before going for a ride: 12.75v
That means I have a drain somewhere, No?
After riding around for the afternoon I check my batter a third time (with the ignition off): 13.03v
That means my charging system is working, right?
So, this is what I did to test it. Please let me know if I've done anything wrong!
- Keep Positive leads connected to bike.
- Disconnect Negative.
- Set my Multimeter to 20mA
- Connect Neg Probe to Neg Lead on the Bike
- Connect Pos Probe to Neg Terminal on the battery
The display reads 1.31
(See picture below)
I have no idea what that means!
Is it good? it it bad?
Did I even do it right?!
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!!
PS, yes this is kind if a dupe post of this:
While that post helped get closer to understanding, I decided to start another thread since my testing started from scratch.
Chris from NY