**BREAKING NEWS!!** New Daytona! - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #41 of 63 Old 08-24-19, 15:24
StpeteTriumph

Not impressed.
The Following User Says Thank You to StpeteTriumph For This Useful Post:
Gzblack2 (08-25-19)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 63 Old 08-26-19, 07:42
Far Canal

I got the official call from my Triumph dealership today. I have missed out and wont be getting one of 25 bikes coming to Australia. Oh well.
post #43 of 63 Old 08-26-19, 11:59
Oldbluechair09

**BREAKING NEWS!!** New Daytona!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Far Canal View Post
I got the official call from my Triumph dealership today. I have missed out and wont be getting one of 25 bikes coming to Australia. Oh well.

There seems to be a fair bit of disappointment over this bike so it is a good possibility there will be some who have an allocation that do not want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 Triumph Daytona 675R
13 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldbluechair09 For This Useful Post:
jdgun_13 (08-26-19)

post #44 of 63 Old 08-26-19, 13:59
Xyst

I.... I wasnt even expecting much and I'm disappointed. Heres what I wouldve expected at a minimum (If you care about my Opinion):

Moto2 Fairing SHAPE (It didnt even have to be Carbon Fiber??)
More Power
Higher Redline

They said it would be the closest to a Moto2 bike for the road.. and it isn't. Bummer.

The exhaust is.. a stock exhaust with a "Fancy" can that says Arrow..
post #45 of 63 Old 08-26-19, 20:47
Zaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Pully View Post
Moto2 Fairing SHAPE (It didnt even have to be Carbon Fiber??)
If the LE Daytona had a Moto2 fairing shape, people would be walking around with boners and trying to pay double to get one.
post #46 of 63 Old 08-27-19, 05:52
Javier De La Torre

Best way to save $500

I must admit; i was one of the people here in Virginia that put down a deposit for $500. It has been the best way to save $500 because as soon as the specs came out, I cancelled my preorder! This has been the biggest disappointment of all time. It was like Triumph had all these spare 675r parts and thought to themselves, "Now that we have Moto2 Engines let's just slap together all these spare parts and call it a 765 LE and rob all these dumbass people of $19,000. Its not like they will notice that the extra 3 BHP is costing them $7,000! They will be amazing at the cool logos, display animation on the new dash and the fact that we ran out of powdercoating for the frame (let's call it weight reduction)!"

For the same price, I can get the MV Agusta F3 675 RC and it would drag its nuts all over this 765 LE! I am so glad I kept my 2012 675r because for $5,000 I can mod it out and spank the shit out of the new 765 LE.

Thank you Triumph for saving me $between $14,000 and $15,000 dollars!! You had me hooked up until Aug 23rd!
post #47 of 63 Old 08-27-19, 19:06
GMike278

Okay ppl say it with me....it's a special edition Daytona....not a brand spankin' new ground-up redesigned / restyled machine. This was marketed towards hardcore fans of the Daytona that were heartbroken when Triumph canceled the line and demanded one with a 765 motor (IE ppl like me). So yeah, it looks like a Daytona, it performs like a Daytona. Thats what we all asked for and I feel Triumph gave us that. The HP has been cut from Moto2 for longevity with a 20% increase in power and torque in the midrange (IE USEABLE power). If you do a decat, power commander, exhaust blah blah blah plenty of info on all that here on the forum etc that HP number will go up (obvs). With the addition of the electronics, upgraded suspension and brakes, carbon bodywork and all the other bells and whistles it's a weapon of choice for the track junkie who eats, breathes and sleeps Triumph (again, me). If that isn't for you then cool...go buy an MV, R1 or hell go nuts and get a V4 Panigale because you want all that sweet sweet Italian power. No hard feelings. I'll be flying past you on the track with a grin on my face as you plant flowers in the corners.

Last edited by GMike278; 08-27-19 at 19:13.
post #48 of 63 Old 08-27-19, 22:26 Thread Starter
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike278 View Post
Okay ppl say it with me....it's a special edition Daytona....not a brand spankin' new ground-up redesigned / restyled machine. This was marketed towards hardcore fans of the Daytona that were heartbroken when Triumph canceled the line and demanded one with a 765 motor (IE ppl like me). So yeah, it looks like a Daytona, it performs like a Daytona. Thats what we all asked for and I feel Triumph gave us that. The HP has been cut from Moto2 for longevity with a 20% increase in power and torque in the midrange (IE USEABLE power). If you do a decat, power commander, exhaust blah blah blah plenty of info on all that here on the forum etc that HP number will go up (obvs). With the addition of the electronics, upgraded suspension and brakes, carbon bodywork and all the other bells and whistles it's a weapon of choice for the track junkie who eats, breathes and sleeps Triumph (again, me). If that isn't for you then cool...go buy an MV, R1 or hell go nuts and get a V4 Panigale because you want all that sweet sweet Italian power. No hard feelings. I'll be flying past you on the track with a grin on my face as you plant flowers in the corners.

The 765 comes with the same HP as my 2014, and only 4 more tq, yet has 90 more cc. So as for you flying by? LOL
post #49 of 63 Old 08-27-19, 22:48
GMike278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
The 765 comes with the same HP as my 2014, and only 4 more tq, yet has 90 more cc. So as for you flying by? LOL
HAHA I was hoping to ruffle some feathers. Eitherway, that's flying by all the ppl who are commenting everywhere that they're puling their deposit to go get some liter bike and talk a big game only to blast down the straight and take a nappy nap in the corners while all the 675's ,765s, r6's etc blast by em. ::cough:: ::cough:: I'm looking at you guy with green Aprilia V4 at COTA on Sunday.
post #50 of 63 Old 08-27-19, 22:49
ramnakhle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike278 View Post

So youíre letting this slide for triumph? Nearly 800 ccs with 115 RWHP at best? Sure you can mod it but you will be starting off with less power and will be paying thousands for a few HP.
We are all Triumph hardcore fans here. But this is bullshit and theyíre lying to your face saying things like:
- itís only 10HP down from moto 2 (lie)
- it is a moto 2 bike for the road (while it is a 3rd gen Daytona with a moto 2 logo and a street triple RS engine and electronics that have been in the market for 10 years, and should have been already on 3rd gen daytonas since 2013. I mean they havenít even bothered to retune the engine!!

They are selling you / is what is an aging and now underpowered (for this new era) middle weight supersport for super bike money.

Yea the Daytona in good hands will whip some superbikes on track, but it will have to be a small track with short straights and tight corners. Letís stay realistic. On a track suited for middleweights, any supersport will give a superbike a hard time.
It will not ever come close to an F3 800 in any way shape or form, let alone an R1 and V4 you mention. Hell even the geriatric GSXR 600 will eat it on a straight. (Remember our top speed problem??)

Honestly what is sad is that something so eagerly anticipated has been a bitter disappointment because Triumph wanted to make some money off the Daytona before retiring it completely. They, and riders who think like you are calling it ďsending it out with a bangĒ and making excuses for it.
Itís all in the marketing my friend.
Wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement