**BREAKING NEWS!!** New Daytona! - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #11 of 63 Old 07-28-19, 18:11
Hooligaz675

Garage
I've been following the FB Triumph groups and apparently, 150x D765 LEs sold within the first 3 minutes upon accepting pre-orders @10am in the UK the other day. Within the next couple hrs completely sold out! They received more pre-orders than they can guarantee allocation so there are posts like the one below all over the net:

"Allocation now SOLD OUT!

If you were one of the people to put down a deposit we will be in touch over the next week to confirm allocation"

This is totally insane!

Hope you're one of the lucky ones and the disti can allocate your bike JD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-07-27 at 23.18.39(1).jpg
Views:	60
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	250345  

- Do Not OpenNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 63 Old 07-28-19, 20:33
Zaph

Triumph can bite me. Their marketing strategy of making small quantities of overpriced special edition bikes is just pissing people off. First the Thruxton R TFC, now the 765 Daytona.

I was a fan before but I'm not even going to bother looking at their future shit if they are going to be pulling these stunts.
post #13 of 63 Old 07-28-19, 21:25
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Triumph can bite me. Their marketing strategy of making small quantities of overpriced special edition bikes is just pissing people off. First the Thruxton R TFC, now the 765 Daytona.

I was a fan before but I'm not even going to bother looking at their future shit if they are going to be pulling these stunts.

Well apparently there is a market for the factory custom LE thing. And as long as Triumph releases an affordable standard version that I can customize myself I honestly don't care.

The thing that surprises me the most is that people are willing to put down money for an unavailable bike, without even knowing its final design, color etc. D765 LE hasn't even launched by Triumph yet. And the bike is not going to be available until next year. For someone like me who never buys even a first gen bike, this is really surprising.

Anyways looks like there's demand for a Daytona 765 (even for the the expensive LE edition) so Triumph doesn't have an excuse to release the standard versions anymore.

- Do Not OpenNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)

post #14 of 63 Old 07-29-19, 00:27 Thread Starter
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post

IMO, I think after this small run, they will make a "regular" 765r. John Bloor might not like racing, but he loves his money. After seeing they were sold out in a couple hours, he will make more, or sell others.
post #15 of 63 Old 07-29-19, 11:30
Arawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
IMO, I think after this small run, they will make a "regular" 765r. John Bloor might not like racing, but he loves his money. After seeing they were sold out in a couple hours, he will make more, or sell others.

I hope that's the case. A trial to gauge interest on a new bike which has been successful, people have put their money where their mouths were. However it wouldn't be the first time in history that a long awaited vehicle is sold out in the early stages of production just for interest to quickly decline during the regular production run, so they might still be wary of making a regular one.
post #16 of 63 Old 08-22-19, 21:21 Thread Starter
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod
Threadstarter Threadstarter

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/m...rs/coming-soon

They are going to unveil the new 765 Daytona at Silverstone MOTOGP event this weekend. Actually tomorrow!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shamrock For This Useful Post:
GMike278 (08-23-19)
post #17 of 63 Old 08-23-19, 11:35
jdgun_13

Quote:
They are going to unveil the new 765 Daytona at Silverstone MOTOGP event this weekend. Actually tomorrow!

Originally it was the 23rd for full details to be put out.. woke up all excited only to have to wait another day.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
post #18 of 63 Old 08-23-19, 11:36
GMike278

Quote:

The site says August 23rd....It's currently 3:30pm in the UK. Show me my bike!!!!! I'm dying. (frantically pounds refresh button on his browser) HAHA
The Following User Says Thank You to GMike278 For This Useful Post:
jdgun_13 (08-23-19)
post #19 of 63 Old 08-23-19, 13:21
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike278 View Post
The site says August 23rd....It's currently 3:30pm in the UK. Show me my bike!!!!! I'm dying. (frantically pounds refresh button on his browser) HAHA

That is what i am saying, don't say we are releasing the details of the bike on the 23rd and then don't do or show shit... I would of expected some kick arse brit to have already posted pics of this bike.. unless they are to busy wanking off to those pics they got?

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
post #20 of 63 Old 08-23-19, 13:30
StpeteTriumph

I cant wait to see one in person!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement