Daytona hesitates at low rpm - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #11 of 38 Old 04-24-19, 15:57 Thread Starter
Razvan Barcan
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayumph View Post
I'm currently having a similar issue. When I slow down to make a tight u-turn on my street it will power off unless I pull in the clutch and play with the throttle. Same goes for taking off.
I'm also having charging system issues lol(rectifier's bad). Idle air control or I guess stepper motor is my next target.

I hooked up tune ecu and it shows 0 vacuum pressure in all three cylinders when the hesitation happens. The video below was taken at constant throttle. What you guys think? I find it a little hard to believe that a vacuum leak can create 0 vacuum in all three cylinders at the same time. Also one other thing I noticed is that if I start the bike cold and let it idle until it warms up and then rev the engine it doesn't hesitate...but as soon as i ride it for 5-10 min the problem starts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 Old 04-24-19, 16:11 Thread Starter
Razvan Barcan

Tune ecu shows 0 vacuum in all three cylinders when bike hesitates at constant throttle

https://youtu.be/8iFBfJL2n7M
post #13 of 38 Old 05-01-19, 01:18
Brayumph

Garage
It's really odd...that's really spiratic for a vacuum leak at constant throttle. I'd say it's more of an electrical input vs physical issue.
I finally got my bike back together; new rectifier(holds strong @13.99V), and I noticed while running it cold that under steady throttle moving out of the garage, in gear, it would give a nasty hiccup. So, I warmed it proper and drove down the street where it stalled in a u-turn. I noticed the symptoms go away as it warmed up. I rode to work without any issues/visible damage, and the absence of burnt wire smell was relieving. Apologies for the long story, but I noticed while switching out my throttle cable that my Map sensor(south of the lower air box cover) case looked a bit scathed. Maybe an internal issue with that sensor. I've had my bike run nasty when that sensor's vac line is disconnected so I'm guessing it has a major influence on air/fuel and load.

Also, I'm not master tech so please critic, correct and bring to light any falacies in my post. I'll keep updating as I discover new leads!

Ride on.

post #14 of 38 Old 05-02-19, 11:26 Thread Starter
Razvan Barcan

Quote:
It's really odd...that's really spiratic for a vacuum leak at constant throttle. I'd say it's more of an electrical input vs physical issue.
I finally got my bike back together; new rectifier(holds strong @13.99V), and I noticed while running it cold that under steady throttle moving out of the garage, in gear, it would give a nasty hiccup. So, I warmed it proper and drove down the street where it stalled in a u-turn. I noticed the symptoms go away as it warmed up. I rode to work without any issues/visible damage, and the absence of burnt wire smell was relieving. Apologies for the long story, but I noticed while switching out my throttle cable that my Map sensor(south of the lower air box cover) case looked a bit scathed. Maybe an internal issue with that sensor. I've had my bike run nasty when that sensor's vac line is disconnected so I'm guessing it has a major influence on air/fuel and load.

Also, I'm not master tech so please critic, correct and bring to light any falacies in my post. I'll keep updating as I discover new leads!

I decided to dig deeper and i removed the throttle bodies and checked for any damage to the vacuum hoses. Everything looks good. Since i removed the throttle bodies and my bike has about 20k i decided to go ahead and get the valve clearances done as well. Im planning on replacing the TPS sensor and stepper motor once i start putting it back together. I also replaced the MAP sensor with no avail. If the bike still has problems after reassembly, im thinking that it might be caused by the CPS sensor in the stator. And if that fails, i might have to take it to a local shop. Btw since this problem has persisted for quite some time now, ive already taken the bike to the triumph dealer and guess what I got back...the bike its fine sir, no issues found and could not replicate the problem. 😦

Since we both have similar issues I will try to keep you updated and I would appreciate if you do the same...maybe we can figure it out. Thanks.
post #15 of 38 Old 05-04-19, 05:31
Brayumph

Garage
Razvan,
Dang, I'm sorry to hear. Weird how it's affecting at such difference in mileage. I'm at 49k. It was running great until a few thousand miles ago. Sad to hear yours is doing this at 20.

So these past couple days I've been slowly pushing the bike faster and I've noticed these patterns almost every single time. When it's 0-3/bars(temp guage)it's super choppy in 1st like it's about to stall but once I've got it warmed up proper I rip up and down the road no problem. Anyway I'm gonna keep digging and continue to keep this post updated. Thank you!

Ride on.
post #16 of 38 Old 05-05-19, 21:21 Thread Starter
Razvan Barcan

Quote:
Razvan,
Dang, I'm sorry to hear. Weird how it's affecting at such difference in mileage. I'm at 49k. It was running great until a few thousand miles ago. Sad to hear yours is doing this at 20.

So these past couple days I've been slowly pushing the bike faster and I've noticed these patterns almost every single time. When it's 0-3/bars(temp guage)it's super choppy in 1st like it's about to stall but once I've got it warmed up proper I rip up and down the road no problem. Anyway I'm gonna keep digging and continue to keep this post updated. Thank you!

Thank you. Please keep me posted if you find something. Today I checked the resistance on my CPS and it shows 230 Ohms. I know from other people that its normally at 200 Ohms. Could this be an issue?
post #17 of 38 Old 05-06-19, 16:46
MadMel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razvan Barcan View Post
Quote:
Razvan,

Thank you. Please keep me posted if you find something. Today I checked the resistance on my CPS and it shows 230 Ohms. I know from other people that its normally at 200 Ohms. Could this be an issue?
I checked three of them recently, they were 219, 224, and 224 ohms. One of the 224 ohm CPSes was bad.
post #18 of 38 Old 05-07-19, 12:16 Thread Starter
Razvan Barcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Razvan,

I checked three of them recently, they were 219, 224, and 224 ohms. One of the 224 ohm CPSes was bad.
How did you know that it was bad? Did you do any other testing on it?
post #19 of 38 Old 05-07-19, 17:42
MadMel

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Razvan,

https://www.triumph675.net/forum/sho...d.php?t=247791

Last edited by MadMel; 05-07-19 at 19:17.
post #20 of 38 Old 05-07-19, 19:03 Thread Starter
Razvan Barcan

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Razvan,

https://www.triumph675.net/index.php.../topics/247791
Wow 😮 thanks a lot MadMel. This is exactly my problem all along. I replaced the stator and rectifier with ricks and my both connectors burned out. Then i ended up hard wiring the cables and now im getting this exact hesitation that u described. So since you replaced the CPS has the problem disappeared?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement