TuneECU Android - Triumph675.Net Forums
Modifications Please select the appropriate Sub-forum for your post or thread

post #1 of 6 Old 08-19-18, 01:59 Thread Starter
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
TuneECU Android

I finally got to use TuneECU on Android. Short story I purchased a Nexus 7 tablet off EBay. They can be had for $60-80. Plus an OTG adapter (usb to usb micro) for a few dollars to use a USB CAN BUS adapter and you have all the hardware you need. The final part of the puzzle is the TuneECU app. If you have a 2013+ model you can get the TuneECU Lite version which only suports Bluetooth and diagnostic it costs $4.49. If you have a pre-13 model and want to load maps then get the standard TuneECU app which is $10.99

So I was able to read my map and all my sensors in a compact easy to use tablet. This beats my laptop by a mile. Now I can carry an inexpensive tablet in my toolbox instead of an expensive tablet. It seems to have all the same functions. The only thing I couldn’t find was an ignition map table. Everything else I could recall was there and worked as easy and fast as my laptop. Total cost for everything should be under $100 if your patient and shop. If you already have a cable and/or an Android device that’s supports USB OTG you are most of the way there already.

If you have a pre-13 model you can us a wired connection. You’ll need a VAG-COM CAN Bus USB adapter. Something similar to this. I don’t have this one so I can’t vouch for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L42URII..._-3zEBbW1WVF65

They look like this.

Now you need a way to connect the large USB connector to the micro usb the Android device has. These are what are called OTG Adapters.

Because I’m using this for track side I wanted as small as possible so I got this style that I can leave in the usb connector all the time.

If you’re trying to use this with a 2013+ model then the only way to do that without locking up your ECU is to connect with a Bluetooth CAN-BUS adapter. This will allow you to do al maintenance and diagnostics but you can not load or read maps off the 13+ models regardless of how you connect to them. The Bluetooth adapter also works with pre-13 models they just don’t support map editing on those models where you can with a wired connection.

This is the one I just got and I can verify it works.

Vgate OBD2 Scanner iCar2 ELM327 Bluetooth Version Diagnostic Tool Work for Android/PC device with AUTO SLEEP https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075R62FTH..._jNAEBbZVKJD23

You can find more information about all this at the TuneECU/Android website.

http://tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/android.html

Last edited by MacBandit; 08-19-18 at 14:38.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MacBandit For This Useful Post:
MGFChapin (08-19-18), Plasmablaster (08-19-18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-19-18, 06:20
Plasmablaster

Garage
The USB CANbus adapter is an extra piece of hardware or the same thing as the OTG USB cable?
post #3 of 6 Old 08-19-18, 10:21
MachOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmablaster View Post
The USB CANbus adapter is an extra piece of hardware or the same thing as the OTG USB cable?
Extra hardware. You can get a Bluetooth obd 2 code scanner that will do the same thing wireless if you're 13+

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

post #4 of 6 Old 08-19-18, 13:35 Thread Starter
MacBandit
Super Moderator
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Yes if you’re 13+ you have to go Bluetooth. However if you’re pre-13 going wired lets you read and load new maps.

Sorry I added a lot more info today. I was quite intoxicated last night when I posted that and didn’t add all the details. Honestly I’m surprised it wasn’t gibberish.

Last edited by MacBandit; 08-19-18 at 14:39.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-01-19, 22:07
John Diego

Where is the port located?

I have a 2014 Daytona 675 and can not find any documentation on where the OBD2 port is located to connect the dongle to :(
post #6 of 6 Old 04-01-19, 22:10
MachOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Diego View Post
I have a 2014 Daytona 675 and can not find any documentation on where the OBD2 port is located to connect the dongle to :(
It's tucked beside the right side of the evap canister, facing down on about 6 inches of wire. It has a socket it clicks on to. You'll need to lift it up to see the socket.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement