Sore wrist, just me? - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

post #11 of 15 Old 07-27-18, 16:04 Thread Starter
FieryGasoline
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham12712 View Post
Every fast rider is constantly changing grip position, watch any of the onboards from motogp and you'll notice it immediately. I have different grip positions for left and right corners as well as pinned down the straight. You need your grip to be as efficient as possible so you dont need to put as much effort into your controls, it helps with arm pump quite a bit.
I knew it! When I asked at the track about moving hand positions I got a few puzzled looks and "errr I'm not sure, don't think so?" which had me thinking that quick action throttles must be popular! Must just come naturally to some people who are already relaxed and don't even notice they're doing it.

Had a track evening on wednesday and really tried to focus on my grip and I'm definitely holding on for dear life I can relax at parts of the track and start to see the benefits of being able to move hand position much easier but I've not quite got the hang of (excuse the pun) keeping the weight of my hands yet as I feel as if I'm going to slide of the side of the bike if I don't grip the bars. I also seen an article online about positioning your hand on the inside grip as if your holding a screwdriver to let your elbow extend out, makes sense in theory but tough in practise if I can't loosen off my grip first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
Move the bars out to a wider angle. If you still have OEM clip-ons, throw away the locator bolt on the underside of the top triple. Position them so your natural resting position on the bars has your wrist perfectly inline with your forearm.

Also, like cdenley and JABGG said, relax.
They're still OEM, will definitely give this a go and see if it helps. Is the standard position for people with narrow shoulders then

Last edited by FieryGasoline; 07-27-18 at 16:11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 07-27-18, 16:12
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryGasoline View Post
I feel as if I'm going to slide of the side of the bike if I don't grip the bars.
I nearly did that last weekend, and I was getting tired way too quick. You need to keep one cheek on the seat, and your chest on the tank. I was hanging my butt off too far, and began focusing more on moving my upper body.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #13 of 15 Old 07-27-18, 17:16
hzhong456

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryGasoline View Post
Had a track evening on wednesday and really tried to focus on my grip and I'm definitely holding on for dear life I can relax at parts of the track and start to see the benefits of being able to move hand position much easier but I've not quite got the hang of (excuse the pun) keeping the weight of my hands yet as I feel as if I'm going to slide of the side of the bike if I don't grip the bars.
It sounds like your outside leg may not be hooked into the tank correctly if you feel like you are going to fall off the bike. Do you have adjustable rearsets? Try moving those forward or up to get your outside leg in the perfect position. It helps reduce the effort in your lower body which should keep you more relaxed on the bike.

I just found a great video from Dave Moss explaining why and how to adjust the ergonomics of a bike. He goes over the hand controls and the foot controls and why they should be adjusted to suit the rider.

https://youtu.be/CJwCxrORlR4

post #14 of 15 Old 07-27-18, 18:40
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
This ^^^^. I have a 30” inseam and with Attack pegs I have to have them in the highest furthest forward position to be anchored with the shape of our tank. People thing the riding position is cramped on these bikes. Which might be so for street riding but for the track the footpegs need to be way way higher due to the design of the tank.
post #15 of 15 Old 07-27-18, 18:58
hzhong456

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
This ^^^^. I have a 30” inseam and with Attack pegs I have to have them in the highest furthest forward position to be anchored with the shape of our tank. People thing the riding position is cramped on these bikes. Which might be so for street riding but for the track the footpegs need to be way way higher due to the design of the tank.
Yeah, the Daytona's tank is shaped weird. I have a 31" inseam and mine are all the way forward and in the middle height position on the same Attack rearsets. I kept getting cramps in my legs and hips until I realized I was trying too hard to make my legs fit into the tank. I moved my pegs and it's all good now. It only took me a year of tracking the bike to realize it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement