PUSH Data Logger device for the track - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Cycle Sector Sponsor forum for Cycle Sector.com

post #11 of 18 Old 02-07-17, 23:52
Megan_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pergrem View Post
I'll likely be picking one of these up either next month or early April.
Have fun! NCM looks like an awesome venue...now if it only had a twin out west...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 02-08-17, 12:54
dbmemphis

Garage
so is this a different gauge or an earlier prototype that was replaced?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xACi6aen18

Dont be in a hurry to go fast!
post #13 of 18 Old 02-08-17, 13:34
Megan_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmemphis View Post
So is this a different gauge or an earlier prototype that was replaced?
The unit in the video is the beta version. Maybe PUSH will release some of that additional functionality (like on-screen data) in the future? It would be cool to see this gauge have multiple trim models at different price points.

post #14 of 18 Old 02-09-17, 18:50
Paul_E_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan_J View Post
The unit in the video is the beta version. Maybe PUSH will release some of that additional functionality (like on-screen data) in the future? It would be cool to see this gauge have multiple trim models at different price points.
All I want to see real-time is laptimes, Nice and big. The screen should also color code at sector splits so you know if you are on a fast lap or not. This is more useful in practice than in racing. It's nice to know how you are doing in the moment. I don't think I could have won an expert championship without that tool. I did not have datalogging at the time though. I can't say if that alone would have been more effective.

I do use datalogging now. My Qstarz logger does have the screen for laptimes, but It's really time they updated their software.

Paul_E_D
One on One Instructor
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul_E_D For This Useful Post:
Megan_J (02-10-17)
post #15 of 18 Old 02-09-17, 20:17
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
All I want to see real-time is laptimes, Nice and big. The screen should also color code at sector splits so you know if you are on a fast lap or not. This is more useful in practice than in racing. It's nice to know how you are doing in the moment.
Agree 100% with this. I like to try new lines and markers and see how they affect laptimes. The PUSH data logger is pretty awesome though, I would be inclined to use it with my cheap XT Mini timer.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
Megan_J (02-10-17)
post #16 of 18 Old 02-10-17, 17:37
Megan_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
All I want to see real-time is laptimes, Nice and big. The screen should also color code at sector splits so you know if you are on a fast lap or not. This is more useful in practice than in racing. It's nice to know how you are doing in the moment. I don't think I could have won an expert championship without that tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
Agree 100% with this. I like to try new lines and markers and see how they affect laptimes.
Great suggestions, guys! Thank you both so much. This is exactly the sort of feedback that the PUSH guys would love. Would it be okay if I send these to the PUSH and reference this post? You can do the same via their website and email if you want to talk to them directly. Oooor, if you happen to be in SoCal sometime and happen to do a Fasttrack track day, you could tell them in person, and maybe even demo a unit before you buy.... 'cause you know Fontana is at the top of your vacation destination list. ;)

https://www.pushthelimit.net/
[email protected]
post #17 of 18 Old 02-10-17, 23:11
-LG-

Sounds like it does pretty much what a speed angle does but does not show any of the data eg, lap times, max lean angle, speed, sectors etc on a dash like screen.

First thing I do when I roll into the pits is check out my speed angle screen to see what I should work on next session. Love my speedangle.
post #18 of 18 Old 02-10-17, 23:34
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan_J View Post
Would it be okay if I send these to the PUSH and reference this post?
Fine with me.

So did the Fastrack guys develop this system themselves? If/when I'm back in SoCal, I think I'd hit Buttonwillow or Chuckwalla before I venture into Fontucky. That place and I have a messed up relationship. Had my first lowside there, I hit a wall and I wore a hole in my knee to the bone. Still a pretty fun track though hahaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement