Triumph 675R Review Video - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Video media Video sections brought on by popular demand (and the sudden purchase of numerous "go-pro" cameras)!

post #11 of 15 Old 08-03-16, 14:19 Thread Starter
tehfastar
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMeets View Post

Wow man, I am shocked you got such stable footage with that rig. I had found with my previous GoPro, anything more than one arm resulted in unusable footage. Thank you for posting that, will consider doing the same.
I've found that the trick is usually to reduce the amount of play in the quick-release mount. A layer or two of electrical tape seems to do the trick. The hard part is finding the just-right amount where it removes play but doesn't make taking the arm off and on a huge PITA.
The Following User Says Thank You to tehfastar For This Useful Post:
MotoMeets (08-03-16)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 08-04-16, 13:58 Thread Starter
tehfastar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMeets View Post

As much as I love the quick shifter, it is interesting that you like that 1st > 2nd transition. More often than not I find myself using the clutch there because it feels like such a huge gap.

Regarding the QS, I had actually recorded commentary about it but ended up cutting it out of the video in an effort to make it a bit shorter. In my opinion the Triumph QS is not nearly as smooth as other OEM quick shifters I've tried on Aprilia and BMW bikes (I haven't ridden the Panigale yet so can't comment on Ducati's QS). I'd say it's somewhere between the really good OEM quickshifters and what I've experienced on friends' bikes with aftermarket QSs.
post #13 of 15 Old 08-04-16, 15:27
MGFChapin

Garage
Great video but goddammit I miss those roads.

I've found the QS smoothest between 10k and 13k RPM. I agree it's not as smooth as an S1000RR but it's nearly perfect if you're in the sweet spot.

post #14 of 15 Old 08-05-16, 05:35
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

*sigh*

Why did Akrapovic have to have just a limited run? That bike is the best sounding exhaust, ever on a 675.
post #15 of 15 Old 08-05-16, 16:37 Thread Starter
tehfastar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
*sigh*

Why did Akrapovic have to have just a limited run? That bike is the best sounding exhaust, ever on a 675.

I completely agree. I don't know why they would stop making the full system considering that Triumph is still producing the bike! They already spent the money for R&D and tooling, why not keep cranking them out as long as there is demand?!? Or at least on a "as ordered" basis, even though I'm sure the lead time would be long at least it would be better than nothing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement