Triumph 675R Review Video - Triumph675.Net Forums
Video media Video sections brought on by popular demand (and the sudden purchase of numerous "go-pro" cameras)!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 13:52 Thread Starter
tehfastar
Member
 
tehfastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Triumph 675R Review Video

Trying something a little different, so I put together this short review video of the 675R my buddy loaned me for a few days. My first time really talking to the camera, so feel free to mute the middle part of the video if it's obnoxious.

tehfastar is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tehfastar For This Useful Post:
canyoncarver (08-03-16), Shamrock (08-05-16)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 14:15
MotoMeets
Member
 
MotoMeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 341
Thanks: 9
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehfastar View Post
Trying something a little different, so I put together this short review video of the 675R my buddy loaned me for a few days. My first time really talking to the camera, so feel free to mute the middle part of the video if it's obnoxious.
Great video man!

Curious what you are doing to get power wheelies out of it? Mine has gotten loose but never came up on me.

134 lb rider, I typically cruise are 7k, shift at 12.5k.



Find Your Ride - https://www.motomeets.com/
MotoMeets is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 14:41 Thread Starter
tehfastar
Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
tehfastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMeets View Post
Great video man!

Curious what you are doing to get power wheelies out of it? Mine has gotten loose but never came up on me.

134 lb rider, I typically cruise are 7k, shift at 12.5k.
Thank you!

It seemed to be pretty anxious to power wheelie in 1st as it would sweep into the power band, even without really goosing it. This bike has the Akra full exhaust though, so maybe that helps. I haven't ridden one bone stock yet. In 2nd gear it takes a bit of a crest in the road or a bump timed just right. I loved that the quick shifter does the 1-2 shift so briskly that if the front wheel is coming up when you shift it continues to come up rather than squashing the wheelie.

Biggest thing I'd say is to just be light on the bars. People have a tendency to anticipate the wheelie and lean forward subconsciously which keeps the front wheel down.
tehfastar is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 19:27
manxkiwi
Junior Member
 
manxkiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 116
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Garage
Good video, well done. Good to see one by someone with experience, unlike many on YT. I imagine it's actually quite difficult to make a vid that's good to watch and easy to make a bum one! I think you got all your comments spot on, in my opinion anyway. Nice bit of humour sprinkled in there too.
Just have to wait for the rain to stop (been raining here for a month non stop!), so I can go and play on my 16R, first service on Tue, then we can start ramping things up a bit.
manxkiwi is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 22:00
MotoMeets
Member
 
MotoMeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 341
Thanks: 9
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehfastar View Post
Thank you!

It seemed to be pretty anxious to power wheelie in 1st as it would sweep into the power band, even without really goosing it. This bike has the Akra full exhaust though, so maybe that helps. I haven't ridden one bone stock yet. In 2nd gear it takes a bit of a crest in the road or a bump timed just right. I loved that the quick shifter does the 1-2 shift so briskly that if the front wheel is coming up when you shift it continues to come up rather than squashing the wheelie.

Biggest thing I'd say is to just be light on the bars. People have a tendency to anticipate the wheelie and lean forward subconsciously which keeps the front wheel down.
Definitely seems anxious in first, but other than a small number of 10 mph hair pins in the area, I rarely go below second.

As much as I love the quick shifter, it is interesting that you like that 1st > 2nd transition. More often than not I find myself using the clutch there because it feels like such a huge gap.

Can you post a pic of your helmet mount?

I just purchased a GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and was disappointed to find that I cannot do a mouth mount with my Shoei RF1200 due to the edges in the helmet.



Find Your Ride - https://www.motomeets.com/
MotoMeets is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 22:01
Turismon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
sweet video, I really Liked the Exhaust video on the triple. Subbed!

On that note, that exhaust for the 675r and how much was it? How did you handle the map for it.
Turismon is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 08-03-16, 00:23
Redline87
Member
 
Redline87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 510
Thanks: 127
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehfastar View Post
Trying something a little different, so I put together this short review video of the 675R my buddy loaned me for a few days. My first time really talking to the camera, so feel free to mute the middle part of the video if it's obnoxious.


Well done dude. Redline87 Approved. =)



Redline87 on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/redline87
2014 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sophia)
2013 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sierra) TrackBike
2015 Ducati Panigale R (Serena)
Redline87 is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 08-03-16, 09:44
kisertn
Member
 
kisertn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Aurora
Posts: 226
Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Garage
Quote:
... it is interesting that you like that 1st > 2nd transition. More often than not I find myself using the clutch there because it feels like such a huge gap.
I hated that gap so much that I switched out my shift star for the Factory Pro version. Works much better now but, it is exasperating, when at a stop, trying to find Neutral. The Factory Pro shift star makes Neutral a really "fine" selection point. So I very rarely get false Neutrals any more, but I also have a hard time finding true Neutrals when I want them.
kisertn is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 08-03-16, 13:40 Thread Starter
tehfastar
Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
tehfastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMeets View Post
Can you post a pic of your helmet mount?

I just purchased a GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and was disappointed to find that I cannot do a mouth mount with my Shoei RF1200 due to the edges in the helmet.
I have that same issue, as I'm using a Shoei X12. Here's how I got around it, by using a bunch of arms and putting the mount to the side. I then replaced the bulky thumb-screws with allen hardware to make it a bit less clunky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160803_075000.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	206994  
tehfastar is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 08-03-16, 14:14
MotoMeets
Member
 
MotoMeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 341
Thanks: 9
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisertn View Post
I hated that gap so much that I switched out my shift star for the Factory Pro version. Works much better now but, it is exasperating, when at a stop, trying to find Neutral. The Factory Pro shift star makes Neutral a really "fine" selection point. So I very rarely get false Neutrals any more, but I also have a hard time finding true Neutrals when I want them.
Ha, that's another problem in itself.

My girlfriend was laughing at me because I couldn't find N on her CBR300 that I took her out on while my back was in the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehfastar View Post
I have that same issue, as I'm using a Shoei X12. Here's how I got around it, by using a bunch of arms and putting the mount to the side. I then replaced the bulky thumb-screws with allen hardware to make it a bit less clunky.
Wow man, I am shocked you got such stable footage with that rig. I had found with my previous GoPro, anything more than one arm resulted in unusable footage. Thank you for posting that, will consider doing the same.

I am also thinking about giving in, and putting some permanent mounts on the bike...as much as I want to keep it pretty. In particular, I was thinking a permanent mount under the "nose" of the front fairing with a goose neck pointed back at the rider could be cool.



Find Your Ride - https://www.motomeets.com/
MotoMeets is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome