Triumph 675R Review Video - Triumph675.Net Forums
Video media Video sections brought on by popular demand (and the sudden purchase of numerous "go-pro" cameras)!

post #1 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 13:52 Thread Starter
tehfastar

Triumph 675R Review Video

Trying something a little different, so I put together this short review video of the 675R my buddy loaned me for a few days. My first time really talking to the camera, so feel free to mute the middle part of the video if it's obnoxious.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tehfastar For This Useful Post:
canyoncarver (08-03-16), Shamrock (08-05-16)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 14:15
MotoMeets

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehfastar View Post
Trying something a little different, so I put together this short review video of the 675R my buddy loaned me for a few days. My first time really talking to the camera, so feel free to mute the middle part of the video if it's obnoxious.
Great video man!

Curious what you are doing to get power wheelies out of it? Mine has gotten loose but never came up on me.

134 lb rider, I typically cruise are 7k, shift at 12.5k.

Find Your Ride - https://www.motomeets.com/
post #3 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 14:41 Thread Starter
tehfastar
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMeets View Post
Great video man!

Curious what you are doing to get power wheelies out of it? Mine has gotten loose but never came up on me.

134 lb rider, I typically cruise are 7k, shift at 12.5k.
Thank you!

It seemed to be pretty anxious to power wheelie in 1st as it would sweep into the power band, even without really goosing it. This bike has the Akra full exhaust though, so maybe that helps. I haven't ridden one bone stock yet. In 2nd gear it takes a bit of a crest in the road or a bump timed just right. I loved that the quick shifter does the 1-2 shift so briskly that if the front wheel is coming up when you shift it continues to come up rather than squashing the wheelie.

Biggest thing I'd say is to just be light on the bars. People have a tendency to anticipate the wheelie and lean forward subconsciously which keeps the front wheel down.

post #4 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 19:27
manxkiwi

Garage
Good video, well done. Good to see one by someone with experience, unlike many on YT. I imagine it's actually quite difficult to make a vid that's good to watch and easy to make a bum one! I think you got all your comments spot on, in my opinion anyway. Nice bit of humour sprinkled in there too.
Just have to wait for the rain to stop (been raining here for a month non stop!), so I can go and play on my 16R, first service on Tue, then we can start ramping things up a bit.
post #5 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 22:00
MotoMeets

Garage
Quote:
Thank you!

It seemed to be pretty anxious to power wheelie in 1st as it would sweep into the power band, even without really goosing it. This bike has the Akra full exhaust though, so maybe that helps. I haven't ridden one bone stock yet. In 2nd gear it takes a bit of a crest in the road or a bump timed just right. I loved that the quick shifter does the 1-2 shift so briskly that if the front wheel is coming up when you shift it continues to come up rather than squashing the wheelie.

Biggest thing I'd say is to just be light on the bars. People have a tendency to anticipate the wheelie and lean forward subconsciously which keeps the front wheel down.
Definitely seems anxious in first, but other than a small number of 10 mph hair pins in the area, I rarely go below second.

As much as I love the quick shifter, it is interesting that you like that 1st > 2nd transition. More often than not I find myself using the clutch there because it feels like such a huge gap.

Can you post a pic of your helmet mount?

I just purchased a GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and was disappointed to find that I cannot do a mouth mount with my Shoei RF1200 due to the edges in the helmet.

post #6 of 15 Old 08-02-16, 22:01
Turismon

sweet video, I really Liked the Exhaust video on the triple. Subbed!

On that note, that exhaust for the 675r and how much was it? How did you handle the map for it.
post #7 of 15 Old 08-03-16, 00:23
Redline87

Quote:

Well done dude. Redline87 Approved. =)

Redline87 on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/redline87
2014 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sophia)
2013 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sierra) TrackBike
2015 Ducati Panigale R (Serena)
post #8 of 15 Old 08-03-16, 09:44
kisertn

Garage
Quote:
... it is interesting that you like that 1st > 2nd transition. More often than not I find myself using the clutch there because it feels like such a huge gap.
I hated that gap so much that I switched out my shift star for the Factory Pro version. Works much better now but, it is exasperating, when at a stop, trying to find Neutral. The Factory Pro shift star makes Neutral a really "fine" selection point. So I very rarely get false Neutrals any more, but I also have a hard time finding true Neutrals when I want them.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-03-16, 13:40 Thread Starter
tehfastar
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMeets View Post
Can you post a pic of your helmet mount?

I just purchased a GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and was disappointed to find that I cannot do a mouth mount with my Shoei RF1200 due to the edges in the helmet.
I have that same issue, as I'm using a Shoei X12. Here's how I got around it, by using a bunch of arms and putting the mount to the side. I then replaced the bulky thumb-screws with allen hardware to make it a bit less clunky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160803_075000.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	206994  
post #10 of 15 Old 08-03-16, 14:14
MotoMeets

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisertn View Post
I hated that gap so much that I switched out my shift star for the Factory Pro version. Works much better now but, it is exasperating, when at a stop, trying to find Neutral. The Factory Pro shift star makes Neutral a really "fine" selection point. So I very rarely get false Neutrals any more, but I also have a hard time finding true Neutrals when I want them.
Ha, that's another problem in itself.

My girlfriend was laughing at me because I couldn't find N on her CBR300 that I took her out on while my back was in the shop.

Quote:
I have that same issue, as I'm using a Shoei X12. Here's how I got around it, by using a bunch of arms and putting the mount to the side. I then replaced the bulky thumb-screws with allen hardware to make it a bit less clunky.
Wow man, I am shocked you got such stable footage with that rig. I had found with my previous GoPro, anything more than one arm resulted in unusable footage. Thank you for posting that, will consider doing the same.

I am also thinking about giving in, and putting some permanent mounts on the bike...as much as I want to keep it pretty. In particular, I was thinking a permanent mount under the "nose" of the front fairing with a goose neck pointed back at the rider could be cool.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement