2013 - 2015 Get your Mods - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 8 Old 11-26-14, 21:48 Thread Starter
monj123

2013 - 2015 Get your Mods

I'm going to test drive a 675R this weekend and intend to buy a new 2015 model (white). I'm finding it daunting to research parts and here is a list of what I'm looking to get but WHO.... WHERE.... HOW MUCH?!

Sliders (Front forks, rear swing arm, frame, maybe even tank and tail sliders)
HIDs
Slip on exhaust (which brand sounds the throatiest?)
Tank grips and belly pad (this is likely universal)
Windscreen (Corsa Zero gravity i hear is good)
tidy tail or fender eliminator
flush front signals

My local shop wants me to use partunlimited to help-em out but that site isn't intuitive, it doesn't search based on the model of the bike which is really pretty lame.

I'd appreciate it if you could help guide me, i get it if i'm the clown who deserves to be flamed for not researching this forum more. Ultimately, i just want to use this bike as a daily commute of 60 miles and then bring it to the track and weekend rides. Ive been on an sv650S since 2008 so i'm not too experienced but i've been riding nonstop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-26-14, 23:12
easbaysav

PM TJ at Riders Discount (forum vendor) for everything you listed except for HIDs and the flush mounts. I don't really care for HID's for my bike, but I've read some good reviews (with some bad also) about DDM Tuning. I bought a some HID's from them for my Frontier and they've held up fine so far. As for flush mounts, best ones out are Watsen Design but the wait is a few months after you place an order (when that option is available).

As you mentioned, there's threads that cover every subject, just need to search. Not sure if you plan on buying a D675R, but they went to matte black for 2015.

post #3 of 8 Old 11-28-14, 16:14
starpower

Personally I would get a low miles nicely modded '13 for a good $4000 savings. This site will list them often. Same bike after all.

'13 D675R (sold )
'14 BMW S1000R
'08 KLR650
'04 Arctic Cat 500 4x4

Age- geezer
Race - anything that moves

post #4 of 8 Old 11-28-14, 16:34 Thread Starter
monj123
Threadstarter Threadstarter

The models I've seen on Craigs list areally 2012s and still ask for more than 10k. A 2014 model at the dealer is about 13500 out the door. I can't imagine a 2013 or 2014 going for 10k modded or not. I'll keep an eye out.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-24-14, 23:00
Brooklyn86

I'm new to the 675Rs but figured I'll help you answer what I did know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monj123 View Post
Sliders (Front forks, rear swing arm, frame, maybe even tank and tail sliders) - T-rex frame sliders are really popular (they do look really good with the bike). Can't comment on how effective they are compared to the other options, though. I know R&G racing and Woodcraft have products for all the things you mentioned, but again, don't know which one is the most credible.
HIDs - Don't know yet
Slip on exhaust (which brand sounds the throatiest?) - I don't know about the throatiest, but Arrow slip-on is the most popular because they work with Triumph when building it and there is a map for it.
Tank grips and belly pad (this is likely universal) - TechSpec (Snakeskin) are a really popular choice for our bikes
Windscreen (Corsa Zero gravity i hear is good) - Don't know yet
tidy tail or fender eliminator - MotoDynamic is working on releasing a fender eliminator kit (ETA: unknown). I've been told that their product is really for the earlier years so when I emailed them, they said they were working on a kit but don't have a date yet. FWIW, their integrated tail light is supposed to be coming out within the next week(s).
flush front signals - Watsen Design are the most popular. Be sure to check out their website and see when is the next time you can place an order.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-22-15, 12:23
PrimeTime14

Quote:
Originally Posted by monj123 View Post
The models I've seen on Craigs list areally 2012s and still ask for more than 10k. A 2014 model at the dealer is about 13500 out the door. I can't imagine a 2013 or 2014 going for 10k modded or not. I'll keep an eye out.
Umm, may want to research these bikes a little more bud, a 2014-15 Daytona 675R out the door is closer to 15-16K after prepping fees, taxes, registration etc...I have a 14' Daytona 675R that has some mods and there's no way I'd sell it for under 10 K right now.

14' Daytona 675R
*Tech Spec tank grips
*EvoTech tail tidy
*ZeroGravity Smoked SR windscreen
*Motodynamic Smoked Integrated Tail light
*Pazzo levers (Red powder coated)
post #7 of 8 Old 01-22-15, 12:25
PrimeTime14

Like eastbaysav said, check with TJ for mods, and then there are a couple good sites that are advertised on this site...motorcycle superstore, revzilla, etc...a lot of these sites offer free shipping so it's nice. Good luck with your bike!

14' Daytona 675R
*Tech Spec tank grips
*EvoTech tail tidy
*ZeroGravity Smoked SR windscreen
*Motodynamic Smoked Integrated Tail light
*Pazzo levers (Red powder coated)
post #8 of 8 Old 09-17-15, 02:45
Pointman1776

Sorry to revive old thread.

+1 that PU is NOT intuitive!
+1 to DEFINITELY call TJ at Riders Discount. That guy is a walking parts catalog computer for 675Rs, especially because of his involvement with Danny's winning Daytona 200 675R last year.

Sliders (Front forks, rear swing arm, frame, maybe even tank and tail sliders).
  • I really really like the Triumph front fork and frame sliders. Completely integrated, and very effective.
  • I would skip rear axle sliders and go for Delron material paddock stand pegs.

HIDs
  • Don't know. Chad at AHD built me a custom HID set, but he's retired now.

Slip on exhaust (which brand sounds the throatiest?)
  • Not sure on slip-ons. I have an Akrapovic full exhaust. Taylor Made exhausts look very cool, but on the dyno they underperform stock exhaust. Arrow is very good.
  • You can search YouTube and listen to different 675R exhaust vids to find the sound you want.
Tank grips and belly pad (this is likely universal)
  • I've tried both Stompgrip and TechSpec. Stompgrip gives me better grip.
  • I use a ProGrip tank pad (belly/zipper pad) on all my bikes.

Windscreen (Corsa Zero gravity i hear is good)
  • +1for Zero Gravity.
  • Corsa is popular for track-style emulation.
  • Double Bubble is popular for IOM TT style emulation.

tidy tail or fender eliminator
  • +1 for Evotech Tail Tidy

flush front signals
  • Not sure.
  • I sometimes ride this bike to commute to work, so I chose to keep the stock lights for maximum visibility.

If you are serious about customizing your ride personally for you, and intend to keep it, and intend to eventually do suspension work (makes a HUGE difference in your riding pleasure and performance), then I would get a 2013-and-a-half or 2014 675 and build it up. You will save tons of money over the long run. Only difference after you are finished will be is color and carbon fiber bits and front Brembo brakes, because you'll likely end up replace everything else anyway, and you can get carbon fiber bits.

If you like the R, then just know that you may end up replacing:
  • Ohlins front shocks (like FGRT200, big difference in suspension feel) - $2000-$2500
  • Ohlins RSU TTX GP TR 338 (big difference in suspension feel, and very convenient hydraulic adjusters) - $1500-$1800
  • Rear Spring (tuned for your weight) - $125
  • Rear Set Kit (Attack Performance - makes a huge difference in foot traction) - $600
  • Rear brake lever pressure sensor/switch for brake light
  • Suspension setup (adjust ride height, spring preload, compression damping, rebound damping, sag) - $75
  • ICR Quickshifter and Auto-Blipper (not sure about price)
  • Exhaust System - $800-$3000
  • Power Commander V - $350
  • Servo Buddy - $50
  • K&N Air Filter - $50
  • Dyno tune (custom map) - $300-$400
  • Clutch Lever (like CRG RC2, same as on Daytona 200 bike, (huge improvement in clutch feel and control) - $115
  • Brembo RCS 19 Master Cylinder (big improvement in brake feel) - $375
  • Triumph integrated sliders for frame
  • Triumph front axle sliders
  • Delron material paddock stand pegs - $25-$50
  • Evotech Tail Tidy (fender eliminator) - $170
  • Zero Gravity windscreen
  • HID
  • Battery Tender Jr
  • Stompgrip tank grips
  • Tank pad (belly/zipper)
  • Optional: triple clamps
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other things I've had done to my '14 675R this summer, so I'll edit/update as I remember them.

If you are in HB, so is Attack Performance. Talk to Jozef (he built Danny's bike) and built my bike. My dream bike is now something so far beyond what I could have ever imagined (and I've raced S1000RRs on the track).

PM me if you want to ride my 675R to get a feel for how much of a difference all these things make, and if it is worth it for you.

Good luck!

Last edited by Pointman1776; 09-17-15 at 03:27.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement