2015 R1 & 1299, looking pretty tasty! - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Event Calendar Post and check here for upcoming events of interest, rides, get togethers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 20:59
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner
 
Nastybutler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seward's Folly
Posts: 2,881
Thanks: 308
Thanked 126 Times in 115 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
If you are buying a 20k+ bike I doubt you are worried about a few grand in body fairings. Id go carbon fiber if I was racing to make something off it. Dodge has already priced me, I just dont see it worth it right now for my bike as I am just a small fry, but there have been plenty of people here that have had carbon fiber track bikes and street bikes.

Plus Id rather just use what comes on it before buying other race fairings.
Like I said, I'm sure there are a few nuts like you :P that will use the CF fairings on the track, but to most people a few grand, even after dropping $20K on a toy, is still a good chunk of change. And to the people who think $20K is chump change, they probably didn't get to that point by being cavalier with their money. ;)

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
Trinity's Build Thread
Nastybutler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 21:34
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer
 
TwoWheeledWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KC,MO
Posts: 12,385
Thanks: 87
Thanked 269 Times in 208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastybutler View Post
Like I said, I'm sure there are a few nuts like you :P that will use the CF fairings on the track, but to most people a few grand, even after dropping $20K on a toy, is still a good chunk of change. And to the people who think $20K is chump change, they probably didn't get to that point by being cavalier with their money. ;)
Oh id never drop 20k on a bike, but I would imagine they know the dangers of this sport and that it is going to fall. I am not nuts, hence why I keep my paid off Daytona with beat up fiberglass fairings. Just saying I think the people buying the M will know what they are getting into, and hopefully plan for the future. They may get rid of the carbon fiber, just for the suspension and other bits, but Id keep it on there as it is just as easy to patch carbon fiber as it is fiber glass.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
TwoWheeledWonder is offline  
post #43 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 21:35 Thread Starter
jdgun_13
Senior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
jdgun_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 4,904
Thanks: 139
Thanked 249 Times in 212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
How so? In the US they would not be able to license the M as they are not street legal.
This is the first time a jap bike has brought all this tech, meaning it is getting cheaper to make. Just like in the car world. The higher priced typically start the new tech and it works its way down. Just like ABS for example.
Since when is the M model not street legal?

I personally would not say the base model is cheap at $16500.. I would say it is more like if you can't beat or match your competitors contact their suppliers and buy the same parts. Or should I say the same stuff Ducati uses.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
jdgun_13 is offline  
 
post #44 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 21:36
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer
 
TwoWheeledWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KC,MO
Posts: 12,385
Thanks: 87
Thanked 269 Times in 208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
Since when is the M model not street legal?

I personally would not say the base model is cheap at $16500.. I would say it is more like if you can't beat or match your competitors contact their suppliers and buy the same parts. Or should I say the same stuff Ducati uses.
I thought it was not coming with headlights, etc. I may have missed it, but thought I read it was not going to be street legal.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
TwoWheeledWonder is offline  
post #45 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 21:40
easbaysav
Senior Member
 
easbaysav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Central CA
Posts: 1,048
Thanks: 11
Thanked 77 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
How so? In the US they would not be able to license the M as they are not street legal.

This is the first time a jap bike has brought all this tech, meaning it is getting cheaper to make. Just like in the car world. The higher priced typically start the new tech and it works its way down. Just like ABS for example.


The R1M is street legal also. It's an R1 with CF bodywork, Ohlins electronic suspension, CCU, wider tire, brushed aluminum tank and swingarm. Aside from that stuff they are essentially the same.

The H2R on the other hand is not street legal.

easbaysav is offline  
post #46 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 21:41
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer
 
TwoWheeledWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KC,MO
Posts: 12,385
Thanks: 87
Thanked 269 Times in 208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easbaysav View Post
The R1M is street legal also. It's an R1 with CF bodywork, Ohlins electronic suspension, CCU, wider tire, brushed aluminum tank and swingarm. Aside from that stuff they are essentially the same.

The H2R on the other hand is not street legal.
Ah maybe that is where my brain is failing. I knew there was some version of bike coming that was not street legal.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
TwoWheeledWonder is offline  
post #47 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 22:29 Thread Starter
jdgun_13
Senior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
jdgun_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 4,904
Thanks: 139
Thanked 249 Times in 212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
I thought it was not coming with headlights, etc. I may have missed it, but thought I read it was not going to be street legal.
The big thing with the M model is the dealership in order to get one had to sell a given amount of previous years R1's... No dealer in Oregon or Washington ST met the standard (so I was told).

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
jdgun_13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome