Track Day Preparation - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

post #41 of 46 Old 06-23-12, 17:31
cjc

Garage
I also like to bring a map of the track to mark my reference points on, and help me figure out where I don't have reference points and am riding by the seat of my pants.

Other handy items:
Zip ties
Painters tape to cover lights etc. if you are in street trim
Magnetic bolt tray and unfolded cardboard box to set things on on case I need to work on the bike.

For the heat I like to bring an electric fan and one of these in the cooler: http://www.froggtoggs.com/?cooling/details/CP100
Really helps cool my brain on a hot day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 Old 10-11-12, 19:50
devinvail

Isn't she supposed to be holding the umbrella over you when you get off the bike?
post #43 of 46 Old 07-24-15, 19:41
trumppking

Garage
Another important item that gets over look sometimes is proper rest the night before. Riding on the track all day at pace can wear you out. Don't go out drinking the night before and think you'll be good, it will catch up to you. Remember, you need to be mentally focused and aware of your surrounding at all times. Not only is your life in your hands so is everyone else's out there. I've seen guys at the riders meeting that looked like they been up all night and it's scary to think they are on the track with me.
The number one goal is to have fun and make it home with your bike in one piece. One more thing, do not worry about what class your in, follow the instructions given by the controlled riders and move up when your SKILL is ready and not because of your ego. Have a great time and welcome to the addiction!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

KEEP CALM and RIDE ON

post #44 of 46 Old 12-27-15, 11:37
zbosson

post #45 of 46 Old 12-28-15, 07:17
BROsiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman675 View Post
My wife and I have 2010 and 2007 675s and hope to join the May track day at Barber. Looking for ideas on bodywork protection for both bikes. We may get skins at some point but thought to initially get some sliders. I have read that some require drilling or cutting bodywork which I do not want to do.
Does anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks
Get some case covers like GB Racing ones
post #46 of 46 Old 05-09-19, 09:41
Jamie01

A well-hydrated body

I know this is a zombie thread, but I'm new around here, so bear with me. On a hot day at the track, you will sweat fluids out far faster than your gut can absorb them, so drinking lots of water at the track will only go so far, and once you're dehydrated you can't catch up. For at least a few days leading up to your track day(s), drink as much water as you can, then drink some more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement