Daytona 675 SE mini metamorphosis - Triumph675.Net Forums
675 Photos Pictures and more pictures!!!

post #1 of 13 Old 06-12-17, 13:08 Thread Starter
siq75

Garage
Daytona 675 SE mini metamorphosis

I have been a forum member here for 6 months, and finally got the bike I was looking for. I'm a sucker for the pearl white paint with the matte blue sparkle frame/subframe/swingarm, so I picked up a 2010 Daytona 675 special edition with 13,600 miles.

I am going to use this as my space to share the transformations, pics, questions, etc of the bike.

Here's how it was when I picked it up a month ago.

Here's how it sits after 1 month of ownership.

Still a lot more to come. . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-12-17, 20:07
KD675

lookin good.

Why only put the yellow film on one headlight?
post #3 of 13 Old 06-12-17, 21:06 Thread Starter
siq75
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD675 View Post
lookin good.

Why only put the yellow film on one headlight?
Thanks!

I have a 3000k 55w hid behind the film too on the high beam, turns the road really yellow. As you probably already know, the yellow gives you better visibility in fog or rain. I had it on my first bike and liked it, so I ran with it again.

post #4 of 13 Old 06-13-17, 15:57
Gn!pGnop

Nice! This is my favourite colour the bike came in.

I'm confused about the yellow high beam. Yellow signifies the slower cars in Le Mans racing. And for fog visibility, wouldn't it be better to apply it to the low beam?
post #5 of 13 Old 06-13-17, 20:18 Thread Starter
siq75

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gn!pGnop View Post
Nice! This is my favourite colour the bike came in.

I'm confused about the yellow high beam. Yellow signifies the slower cars in Le Mans racing. And for fog visibility, wouldn't it be better to apply it to the low beam?
My favorite color too!

What's confusing about a yellow light?

I have my high beam adjusted​ down a little lower, my visibility is fine. Eventually I'm going to wire a way to run low beam off/yellow high beam on. That would enable me to run my headlights in any on/off combination I want(on/on, on/off, off/on, off/off).
post #6 of 13 Old 06-13-17, 21:02
hiimchad

Garage
Welcome! Bike looks great, and like it saw some track time based on the slicks from the first photos.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
post #7 of 13 Old 06-14-17, 10:59
thePridge

Garage
Nice bike! I almost picked up a 2010 SE but my heart longed for the Caspian Blue... Later found a 2011 in blue so I snatched it up.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-14-17, 11:53 Thread Starter
siq75

Garage
Thanks for the warm welcome, and compliments guys.
@hiimchad The previous owner said he worked at some track in Pompano Beach, he got these for free and ran a few sessions with them. As soon as I saw the bike in person, I immediately noticed how big the rear tire was. It was a 190/65 Pretty sure that size is way off.
@thePridge Caspian blue is beautiful, gold wheels? Yours is 2011, you have the updated gauge cluster. I like it, but I've heard they are harder to see on a sunny day than mine. As for my color choices, I didn't really have a 2nd color option. If I was to get a non-SE with the black frame, I would have eventually turned it into white anyways.

Before purchase, I basically had it narrowed down to 2 bikes, this one, and a gen3 in, wait for it. . .in white/blue
I opted to go for the gen2 SE for a few reasons. I like the look of the headlights better, and because the blue frame/subframe/swingarm and undertail exhaust makes it look more exotic.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-14-17, 12:00
hiimchad

Garage
Right on! A 190 rear is fairly common for our bikes on the track, my friend runs a 190/60 slick on his D675. I use a 190/55 Q3 on my bike, which sees a mix of street and track use. I personally like it, the Q3 is a pretty tall tire and the 190/55 allows for a little more lean angle, and stability.

I am in full agreement about the Gen 1 and 2 bikes being more attractive. The lines are so much smoother and the headlight shape is much sexier.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
post #10 of 13 Old 06-14-17, 12:15 Thread Starter
siq75

Garage
I know 190 is okay, but the 65 series sidewall is way off. But like I said, the tires were take-offs and he got them for free.

My friend has the Q3's on his 2016 cbr600rr, his rear tire had some weird strip worn off around the middle of the tire, just after a couple of thousand street miles, and no burnouts I've seen it multiple times on the Q3's.

I went with the M7RR's this time around because they are identical to the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III's that I previously had on another bike. These are also a littler taller and just fall into the turns the same way you are describing the Q3's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement