Fellow Triumph Owner in need of help - Triumph675.Net Forums
Raffles and Auctions Subforum for fund-raising events

post #1 of 7 Old 01-06-17, 01:29 Thread Starter
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

Fellow Triumph Owner in need of help

A fellow Daytona owner has been in an accident.

https://www.gofundme.com/kaylarecove...62901100&pos=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail Beitz
On Friday, December 30th, 2016 my wife Kayla set off to work on her Triumph Daytona 675 she had affectionately named Abby. At about 355AM as she crossed the intersection of Fern St and Garden Grove Blvd, a driver hit her and then ran from the scene. She was badly injured with a severely broken pelvis, complex fractures to the left arm, cracked right tibia, two broken ribs, two broken scapula's, two fractures to cervical vertebrae, and a hematoma around her aeorta. She was taken to UCI medical center and then transferred to kaiser irvine as we are kaiser patients. She is getting exemplary care and has a surgical date of Friday, January 6th to fix her pelvis and left arm. She is in good spirits but we have a long journey ahead of us, both physically and financially. Luckily we have excellent health insurance but we are not rich people and we have already hit out max out of pocket cost. As well as me (her husband) taking time off work unpaid, we will have to keep up with normal expenses. We appreciate any help you can give us, with it we will be able to make sure she has a full and successful recovery.

We love all of you,
Mikhail & Kayla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-06-17, 10:26
Neanderthal

Garage
I might feel for the folks as individuals, but......

IMO, these "Go Fund Me" things are utter BS! It really pisses me off when I see people get on the internet and throw a story of woe at you in hopes of getting money. I have a $5,000 medical deductible that I have had to meet the last 4 years in a row and it royally sucks, but I would never dream of asking ANYONE for monetary help to pay MY bills. To me it's no different than standing on a street corner with a sign begging for money. Maybe instead of buying that Daytona, they should have been putting more money into a FSA or HSA account for future catastrophic medical events? Not trying to be a hard-ass, it's just about life/adversity/responsibilities. You make your choices so you should have to live with them.

Nothing personal towards the folks in this particular event - and that's part of the problem. How do you know the money is really going towards medical bills, and not a new house or BMW?
The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:
ssbfgc (01-06-17)
post #3 of 7 Old 01-06-17, 13:17
675GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post

IMO, these "Go Fund Me" things are utter BS! It really pisses me off when I see people get on the internet and throw a story of woe at you in hopes of getting money. I have a $5,000 medical deductible that I have had to meet the last 4 years in a row and it royally sucks, but I would never dream of asking ANYONE for monetary help to pay MY bills. To me it's no different than standing on a street corner with a sign begging for money. Maybe instead of buying that Daytona, they should have been putting more money into a FSA or HSA account for future catastrophic medical events? Not trying to be a hard-ass, it's just about life/adversity/responsibilities. You make your choices so you should have to live with them.

Nothing personal towards the folks in this particular event - and that's part of the problem. How do you know the money is really going towards medical bills, and not a new house or BMW?
Unfortunately this is the reality of the world we live in. Too many people are willing to lie and deceive people for personal gain, especially using people's emotions to open their wallets (ever seen an ASPCA commercial? nuff said) Not saying that is the case here, but one must be cautious with these sorts of things. I also have to agree with @Neanderthal regarding asking for 'help', I personally would feel very uncomfortable doing this. If this is a genuine situation and not fabricated for personal gain, I wish the OP's wife a speedy recovery and all the best.

post #4 of 7 Old 01-06-17, 15:17
malubawla

Garage
sorry to hear this. praying for a speedy recovery

2012 Daytona 675R
post #5 of 7 Old 01-07-17, 00:41 Thread Starter
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post

Because this person is an upstanding member here, named Kayla Connell (now Beitz), and Here is a link to the accident.

http://ktla.com/2017/01/05/mother-of...-for-daughter/

Her member ID here is 675gurl
https://www.triumph675.net/forum/member.php?u=52257

Last edited by Shamrock; 01-07-17 at 00:48.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shamrock For This Useful Post:
Neanderthal (01-07-17)
post #6 of 7 Old 01-07-17, 02:10
mark-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Because this person is an upstanding member here, named Kayla Connell (now Beitz)
Thank you for posting that. I was getting ready to make a reply attesting to the truthfulness of the appeal because I happened to have watched that broadcast, though of course they didn't identify her as a member here. The accident was real, and real bad.

Never underestimate how easy it is to slip from comfortable middle-class existence to hanging on by your fingernails. There but for the grace of the gods...

All I ask is a Hinckley triple
And a road to steer her by.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-07-17, 11:42
Neanderthal

Garage
Thanks for posting that up Shamrock. I hope the best for her and her family and truly wish that she makes a full recovery.

This however does not alter my personal feelings about money-generating schemes like gofundme.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement