Part out or sell whole? Low sided my 675R - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 9 Old 09-29-19, 13:37 Thread Starter
aptriumphfan

Part out or sell whole? Low sided my 675R

Hey guys,

New forum member here. I recently got into a 30mph low-side on the street with a careless driver(who, surprise, was uninsured and drove away). The bike itself had its gas tank ripped open and the front fairing/cockpit was damaged. However, other than that, it starts and rides just fine. No frame damage, no misalignment, none of that.

Things that need replacing:

- gas tank(done)

- cockpit nose fairing/windshield(thought this was done until I opened up the OEM replacement I bought which fits but is for PEARL WHITE and not Crystal White. Does not match up perfectly smh)

- Throttle grip/bar end + assembly.

However, it's been so hard finding used parts for a 2011 675R in Crystal White to build it back up. Like ridiculously hard, the newer models have a lot more parts available. I finally tracked down a Crystal white tank from a Street Triple R of the same year on eBay.

I have babied this bike since I got it, and in a cruel twist of fate, had just bought shiny new aftermarket parts(bubble windshield,etc) for it right before my crash. I no longer want to keep up with this bike due to the lack of parts availability and my lack of time.

Would y'all suggest parting it out or trying to sell it whole? I would prefer selling it whole but I wasn't sure if anyone would want to buy a 675R that has been in a minor low side and if so, what is a good price.

Stats about bike: '11 675R with 6k miles, has all OEM components, fresh tires. It's in Dallas...a place known for its taste of drag bikes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-29-19, 13:58
ramnakhle

Garage
Well no one can tell you how much time/money/effort to invest in a bike. Giving up on it and selling it or parting it out, whichever way you go, is a decision you will have to make.
That said, it seems IMHO to be a big over reaction to what sounds like a minor mishap and I would be very sad to hear that such a low mileage bike has been parted out for such a minor crash.
If it were mine I would go all out and keep her alive. But thatís just me.
Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 9 Old 10-01-19, 07:47
subaruzi

If I were you and looking to sell, I'd sell on track/race forum. Sounds like damage is nothing really. New track plastics and ready to go. I might be interested in it as track bike if price is right delivered to NOLA.

Won't your insurance cover this?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 9 Old 10-01-19, 16:35
Larzzz

Send a message via AIM to Larzzz Send a message via MSN to Larzzz Send a message via Yahoo to Larzzz
Honestly it only sounds like you have some cosmestic damage.. i agree with ramnakhle and would be a sin to part out a 6k mileage bike. I think it would be worth fixing up...you can always vinyl wrap plastics to make them match for cheap!
post #5 of 9 Old 10-05-19, 13:04
scuncknuts

Way less work to fix it than part it out. I don't think it will lose value too much if you don't use OEM plastics ass long as they are not Chinese plastics off of ebay.

What other parts do you need I have some extra 2012 675r parts
post #6 of 9 Old 10-10-19, 01:21
Ken

Keep an eye on Ebay. I was able to find many parts for my pearl white 2011 but it takes patience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #7 of 9 Old 10-17-19, 23:51
AYoDread

Always Part out

Cars, Bikes, etc are always worth more in Pieces

It comes down to time vs money. You can make quick cash selling it whole, but you can make more money over time if you part it out and wait.

"I don't know who you noobs are. I don't know what you noobs want. If you are looking for attention, I can tell you I don't have a long span. But, what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very large amount of posts. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you drop this now, that'll be the end of it. I will not Google you, I will not photochop you. But if you don't, I will search the webnets for you, I will find you, and I will pwn you."
post #8 of 9 Old 11-07-19, 01:38
alpine 318is

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYoDread View Post
Always Part out

Cars, Bikes, etc are always worth more in Pieces

It comes down to time vs money. You can make quick cash selling it whole, but you can make more money over time if you part it out and wait.
Exactly that. All comes down to how much your time is worth

2011 Triumph Daytona 675
post #9 of 9 Old 11-07-19, 20:51
jollyrog3r88

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuncknuts View Post
Way less work to fix it than part it out. I don't think it will lose value too much if you don't use OEM plastics ass long as they are not Chinese plastics off of ebay.

What other parts do you need I have some extra 2012 675r parts
Agree with this - parting out takes time in itself, probably a lot more than just replacing the original damage and continuing to ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement