Protective boot that looks like regular footwear - does such a thing exist? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #1 of 5 Old 06-16-19, 08:16 Thread Starter
Jamie01

Protective boot that looks like regular footwear - does such a thing exist?

As stated in the title, I would love to find boots that offer meaningful protection but aren't conspicuously armored. I often use the bike to go to work events, out to the movies or theater, etc. I usually end up bringing a pair of street shoes in my tank bag, but then I have to find something to do with my boots, which isn't always easy. If I have to choose one or the other, the protection comes first - I'd rather stand out because I have funny-looking boots than because I'm limping on a fused ankle. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-16-19, 16:01
Newbeme

Garage
I have been eyeing some of the Stylmartin boots on Revzilla. They have decent reviews, but I haven't heard in person how they fit or feel.

Happier than a seagull with a french fry!
post #3 of 5 Old 06-17-19, 03:33
andy_tt

I have a set of TCX riding boots and they are awesome for street wear. Can ride to work and wear them all day if I have to. Pretty good ankle protection as well.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...t-ace-wp-shoes

post #4 of 5 Old 06-17-19, 23:05
benp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_tt View Post
I have a set of TCX riding boots and they are awesome for street wear. Can ride to work and wear them all day if I have to. Pretty good ankle protection as well.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...t-ace-wp-shoes
You beat me to it! I have the non-water proof version and really like them. They seem very stout and breathe reasonably well. They won't pass for dress shoes and obviously don't offer the same protection as a full race boot, but they definitely fit the bill for casual shoes that don't look like you just got off the racetrack. I previously had a pair of Dainese SSC Bravo D-WP shoes and was not impressed at all (durability and protection both seemed pretty lame).

2011 Triumph Daytona 675R
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1980 Yamaha XS850
post #5 of 5 Old 10-11-19, 16:26 Thread Starter
Jamie01
Threadstarter Threadstarter

In case anyone is interested, I ended up getting these. Found them New Without Tags on ebay, for way less than regular retailers. They're as advertised: more protective than regular dress shoes but a step down from my track boots

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bmw-urban-boots
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie01 For This Useful Post:
Newbeme (10-11-19)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement