2013+ Motor into 2009 Frame? - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Modifications Please select the appropriate Sub-forum for your post or thread

post #21 of 22 Old 11-08-18, 05:07
UK_Race_Support

It is a simple enough all be it expensive job. You just need the motor, exhaust, airbox and all the electronics. Then it will go straight in. Even the 765 is a easy fit but very expensive as these engines are going for $2500+ and thats without the electronics. You can use stock 2009 but you would loose the secondary injectors and any gains. The late great JT got better power out of the 2009-12 engine than he did out of the MY13. The MY13 was pushed to its very limits but the older engine had more to give. If your rules allow you its all about actually getting the ram air to work. That means altering the scoop at the front and modding the airbox.

The geometry of the MY13 is slightly better than the older bike but before you go throwing a lot of money at yokes and other parts to change what Triumph have spent many hours developing ask yourself whats wrong and can I change this just by changing the tyres, wheelbase, pitch. These are cheaper/free options. These bikes have won championships all over the world on stock parts. OK we have ran eccentric bearings in older models but these are guys that are winning at world level. Its the wheelbase that makes a massive difference. Find the sweet spot that suites you and that changes everything.

For anyone that wanst to learn more about geometry theres a great book that sits on many top team and factory book shelves 'MotoGP Technology' by Neil Spalding. Everytime I talk to Neil he baffles me with his in-depth knowledge. I bet him at the start of the year Rossi will never win again. He says he will once Yamaha change the front engine mount. Its getting closer.
The Following User Says Thank You to UK_Race_Support For This Useful Post:
t_bare (11-08-18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 Old 03-18-19, 16:03
nlzmo400r

Where the hell is everyone finding 1mm overbore pistons for a 675 rebuild?

'1o Multistrada 1200
'o7 Daytona 675
Sponsored Links
Advertisement