Aftermarket intake runners - any FHE? - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 19 Old 02-20-19, 19:08
Johnny_Fett

I had a similar used fibreglass intake a good while back and looked into the same things, I did plan on using a small piece of alloy to mount the tip sensor, as long as it’s relatively level and runs the sensor parallel it’ll work just fine.

In the end though I never used it, but that’s down to the instrument bracket not working out with other mods and hitting my clutch perch.

The interior casting is minimal, the piece you see if you look down the standard intake is actually there more as reinforcement than airflow, it’s a 1mm thick piece of metal, this is something I’m looking at replicating in carbon fibre out of some 1mm sheet instead or just binning completely, probably there to help take the weight of the lights etc on a road bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 02-20-19, 19:41
RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
Searching didn't yield me much outside of mentions on the RidersDiscount build thread that's lost a lot of context due to the fact they hosted all the images on their domain, which is no longer with us :( .
I updated most of the image addresses so you should be able to see the pictures. We never ended up using an aftermarket scoop on the bikes (we didn't see the benefit because of the the restriction around the headstock on the 06-12 bikes.) On the 13+ bikes the frame allows more air, so a larger scoop makes sense.

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
post #13 of 19 Old 02-25-19, 11:33
csbeeb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersDiscount View Post
I updated most of the image addresses so you should be able to see the pictures. We never ended up using an aftermarket scoop on the bikes (we didn't see the benefit because of the the restriction around the headstock on the 06-12 bikes.) On the 13+ bikes the frame allows more air, so a larger scoop makes sense.

Hey TJ can you confirm for be the bottom picture there is a '12 frame? my Vin reads '13 but the headstock matches the bottom picture.

Rip #69

post #14 of 19 Old 02-25-19, 11:45
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by csbeeb2 View Post
Hey TJ can you confirm for be the bottom picture there is a '12 frame? my Vin reads '13 but the headstock matches the bottom picture.
That is why Triumph fitment always goes by VIN. Generation 2 is considered 09-12, but some 2013's are still gen 2 while most are gen 3. I saw one for sale on Facebook, and everyone was complaining it wasn't really a 2013.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #15 of 19 Old 02-25-19, 12:03
csbeeb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdenley View Post
That is why Triumph fitment always goes by VIN. Generation 2 is considered 09-12, but some 2013's are still gen 2 while most are gen 3. I saw one for sale on Facebook, and everyone was complaining it wasn't really a 2013.
ya transition years complicate things. I got my bike second hand and is heavily modified so piecing together what is what has been a learning experience. people will find a reason to complain about anything .

past owner just confirmed it is one of the last trellis framed 2012 manufactured bikes prior to the '13 update... hope no one on facebook is offended

Rip #69

Last edited by csbeeb2; 02-25-19 at 12:15.
post #16 of 19 Old 02-25-19, 12:15
RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbeeb2 View Post
The bottom is gen 2 and the top is gen 3 (most 2013's).

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
The Following User Says Thank You to RidersDiscount For This Useful Post:
csbeeb2 (02-25-19)
post #17 of 19 Old 02-27-19, 21:08 Thread Starter
Yuu
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Thanks for the photo updated TJ and confirming my wonders about the head stock being the restriction. So guess the runners are relatively pointless on an 07, outside of farkle points.

Any thoughts on velocity stacks a la: https://www.ukracesupport.com/produc...elocity-stacks

Throttles on the right, so are the brakes. Good luck
post #18 of 19 Old 02-27-19, 21:13
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
So guess the runners are relatively pointless on an 07, outside of farkle points.
Crash durability is the reason I wanted it. I always hated how the fairing stay was mounted on the stock plastic one, even though I've only had to replace it once so far.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #19 of 19 Old 02-27-19, 21:18 Thread Starter
Yuu
Threadstarter Threadstarter

So far the motoholder one, that's mounted to the stock runner held up to a decent lowside and flop over. I did track down some plastic screws to attach the fairing to the stays. Theory being they will bust before much force is transferrer to the stays/bracket.

But yeah, mounting it to the stock plastic runner is a weak spot.

Throttles on the right, so are the brakes. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement