Daytona 675 weight - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #11 of 16 Old 12-17-17, 14:45 Thread Starter
Wiggie
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Track day fuel consumption--was Daytona weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Uhm...In one trackday I usually use about 8.5-9 gallons of fuel, and I average about 70 miles per day. Why? Because it is WOT for 80% of the lap @ NCM. You aren't gonna get your normal 40mpg on a track.

What I do, is I fill it up to the top and that will last me till lunch (3 sessions). After that, it gets a half a tank every session (so it "feels" the same every session).
It is with some embarrassment that I note that at my novice pace I get much better fuel consumption figures than you do Shamrock....
However one thing I picked up from one of the above posts is that when running low on fuel it one is more likely to experience fuel starvation when leaned over in a corner. Is this true?
Where exactly is the fuel pick up with regard to the shape of the tank? I am a little unsure of what the inside shape of the tank is now I think about it.

2009 Daytona 675; 2008 Sprint ST 1050; 2007 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 12-17-17, 23:31
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

The pick up is a little bit on the right side (throttle side). If you take the tank off, it is slightly off center, and over to the right. But yeah, you might get a little stutter hiccup, if you are taking a left turn, Probably with about 1-2 quarts left.
post #13 of 16 Old 12-21-17, 16:57 Thread Starter
Wiggie
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
For what its worth my 2012 Daytona 675R weighs 387 lbs with an empty fuel tank (siphoned dry). As measured with an accurate scale alternating from under front or rear wheel, keeping the bike perfectly level. This bike is essentially stock other than flush front turn signals. (I included the weight of the license plate holder/rear turn signals that are currently not mounted on the bike).

With a full fuel tank it weighed 414 lbs. I added 4.2 US gallons to fill it up.

The published wet weights that I have seen is have varied from 407 lbs. to over 420.

2009 Daytona 675; 2008 Sprint ST 1050; 2007 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory

post #14 of 16 Old 12-21-17, 18:36
Glocken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggie View Post
For what its worth my 2012 Daytona 675R weighs 387 lbs with an empty fuel tank (siphoned dry). As measured with an accurate scale alternating from under front or rear wheel, keeping the bike perfectly level. This bike is essentially stock other than flush front turn signals. (I included the weight of the license plate holder/rear turn signals that are currently not mounted on the bike).

With a full fuel tank it weighed 414 lbs. I added 4.2 US gallons to fill it up.

The published wet weights that I have seen is have varied from 407 lbs. to over 420.
Based on your measurements, my bike would definitely be sub 400 full gas.

Elka 3 way shock|Penske fork valves|Leo full titanium & CF|Hyperpro steering damper|GB frame slider & engine casings|Cyclecat clipons|Pazzos|ZG|Proton|CF tank sliders|Dave Moss Techspecs|Evo Tech Sharkfin|Sato Shift Spindle holder
post #15 of 16 Old 01-28-18, 16:25
Gosling 1

I was curious about how to weigh my bike and have watched videos of people doing it with bathroom scales. Came across these scales on Amazon and thought I would give them a try. They are low profile (1"), stainless steel, and have a 440 lb. capacity each. I had some scrap 1/2" plywood so made two small ramps by screwing two pieces together, bike rolled on to the scales very easily. My '14 Street Triple R weighed 406.0 lbs. with the tank topped off (213.8FR/192,2R). The bike does not have a front fairing, belly pan or seat cowl. I also saved a bit of weight by removing the passenger pegs and bracket, installing an Arrow slip-on and Shorai battery. Here is a link to the scales if anyone wants to give them a try.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weight Scales.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	241545  

Last edited by Gosling 1; 01-28-18 at 16:38.
post #16 of 16 Old 02-02-18, 19:30
Steve Hunt

I scored a set of Longacre Competition digital scales on eBay a couple years ago. Obviously there are some factors to discuss on weight but your right, fuel is the biggest one overall. I agree with the comment about the really bad feeling of the engine running out or stumbling mid corner or anywhere for that matter. Since I can typically do a 20 minute session on 1 gallon I run with 2 gallons in the tank. That way it always feels the same and I'm as light as possible but never real close to starving for fuel. The yellow low fuel light comes on with about a gallon in the tank, so that's my back up....if i forget to refuel each session then the yellow light is staring at me when crank up for the next session. so how much does my 2014 675R weigh? 2 gallons of fuel in the tank, Sharkskins tail with stock seat (all other bodywork is OEM), Full Akrapovic titanium exhaust, Ohlins top mount steering stabilizer, 520 chain and sprockets, Woodcraft rear sets, Shoria battery, delete passenger pegs, delete mirrors, delete chain guard, delete countershaft sprocket cover, delete turn signals, add GB racing case covers, add radiator guard add Triumph frame sliders. 378lbs

Shoei X-12, Sidi boots, Syed 1-piece w/full armor, Held gloves = 23lbs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2082.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	241842  

Steve Hunt
www.Moto234.com
"Momentum is your Friend"
2014 675R New Track bike
SV700 part out - Old track bike
2009 KTM 950 Super Enduro - The Trench-O-nator
1989 Honda Hawk GT 2nd owner and mint
2002 Bug eyed Zuma
2002 XR115 Mini motard

Last edited by Steve Hunt; 02-02-18 at 22:14.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Hunt For This Useful Post:
SoCal675Triple (11-14-18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement