What kind of fuel/petrol do you run on your triumph daytona 675? - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Polls 675/motorcycle polls

View Poll Results: What kind of fuel/petrol do you run on your triumph daytona 675?
91 26 44.83%
95 12 20.69%
98 20 34.48%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

post #21 of 31 Old 05-02-14, 04:56 Thread Starter
café_racer
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolus View Post
I live in Chicago, there are absolutely no ethanol free gas to be found anywhere. So I overcompensate and get premium for mine. Also prefer Shell gas but will put anything in it as long as it's a well established chain. Prefer not to use BP if I can help it but will use it in a pinch if I have to.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
You don't like BP? I prefer BP than any fuel I use, I use BP ultimate 98.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 Old 05-02-14, 04:59 Thread Starter
café_racer

Is it true if you running a high octane fuel like 98, the back of your exhaust tip and inside the chamber hole will have a lot of black exhaust burnt?
post #23 of 31 Old 05-02-14, 10:29
Tri-3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by café_racer View Post
Is it true if you running a high octane fuel like 98, the back of your exhaust tip and inside the chamber hole will have a lot of black exhaust burnt?
As others have said: your tune determines what octane your bike will run most efficiently. Black soot is a result of running too rich of an air/fuel mixture in your tune.

2009 Jet Black Daytona 675 - Car convert and loving it.

post #24 of 31 Old 05-02-14, 21:30
old blue

I think that often as important (or more important) than the octane you're running is...what's in the fuel you're using.

While I appreciate that many riders have no other option than to fill up 'direct from the pump', I seldom do. It started out when I began racing - I'd always fill up several fuel cans for the race bike and there was always some left over, so more and more often I began filling my road bikes from the cans, always using a filter funnel.

Regardless of where I'm buying my fuel, you'd be amazed at the amount of crap that is in fuel. I've seen grit, organic debris, even metal swarf and rust flakes caught in my funnel filter. I never empty a can to the very last drop because there's invariably crap that settles to the bottom and often water, too.

Service station tanks are almost always full of crud. If your bike is more than 6 months old and like most people you are filling direct from the service station pump into your bike's tank, take a flexi light and a stem mirror and have a good look at what's in the bottom of your fuel tank. I promise you'll be horrified.

O.B
post #25 of 31 Old 05-03-14, 07:19 Thread Starter
café_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old blue View Post
I think that often as important (or more important) than the octane you're running is...what's in the fuel you're using.

While I appreciate that many riders have no other option than to fill up 'direct from the pump', I seldom do. It started out when I began racing - I'd always fill up several fuel cans for the race bike and there was always some left over, so more and more often I began filling my road bikes from the cans, always using a filter funnel.

Regardless of where I'm buying my fuel, you'd be amazed at the amount of crap that is in fuel. I've seen grit, organic debris, even metal swarf and rust flakes caught in my funnel filter. I never empty a can to the very last drop because there's invariably crap that settles to the bottom and often water, too.

Service station tanks are almost always full of crud. If your bike is more than 6 months old and like most people you are filling direct from the service station pump into your bike's tank, take a flexi light and a stem mirror and have a good look at what's in the bottom of your fuel tank. I promise you'll be horrified.

O.B
Interesting I never thought of that, but it would be annoying just to fill fuel via inside an empty can, than fill your bike up using a funnel filter, but it can save your tank from getting a lot of shit inside I guess?
post #26 of 31 Old 05-12-14, 22:51
Renboy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by old blue View Post

O.B
Odd. I took off my gas tank and drained it into a container and there wasn't anything in there except gas. No debris at all. And my bike has 24k kms on it.
post #27 of 31 Old 05-27-14, 19:38
NYBRD

Where's 93 on the poll ?! run 93 cuz that's what it was tuned on
post #28 of 31 Old 09-10-17, 02:00
OzMoto

The user manual for my 2012 Street Triple R says to use 91RON.

That's all I use. I have tested 95 and 98 over multiple tanks and have logged it, with no additional benefits besides costing more.

Throttle response is more crisp running the recommended 91RON.

Ride carefully - You are invisible.

I'd rather be next to a rider that can maintain a controlled wheelie than a muppet on their phone.

Current: 2012 Street Triple R | SC-Project CF Oval Silencers | Triumph Quickshifter | 520 Conversion (-1 front)
RIP: 2003 CBR600RR
Sold: 2012 CBR250R | 2000 NSR150SP
post #29 of 31 Old 05-30-18, 16:21
Cheyenne Bodie

Garage
I run ethanol free 93. One gas station ten miles away from my house is the only place for a while that sells it. I actually squirt the first half gallon in my car and then fill a can and go top up the bike/toys at home, that way I keep whatever the person before me pumped and was still in the line out of my bike.
post #30 of 31 Old 06-05-18, 15:57
Neanderthal

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10m View Post
Poll is missing 93.
Shoot, a lot of stations in my area are doing good to consistently have 89 octane. I haven't seen anything over 91 here in years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement