LighTech Chain Adjuster Issue! - Triumph675.Net Forums
Modifications Please select the appropriate Sub-forum for your post or thread

post #1 of 5 Old 07-25-18, 04:40 Thread Starter
Spacep0d

Garage
LighTech Chain Adjuster Issue!

Hi there,

I installed some LighTech Chain adjusters and they're pretty amazing, but on the 2013 Daytona 675R the brackets that hold the adjusters to the swingarm don't fit well at all.

1. The little 'legs' that stick out are way too short. The bottom one doesn't even reach really.
2. The block on the left side (sprocket) interferes with the wheel hub, so I don't have it installed.
3. The shape of the block doesn't fit flush with the radius of the swingarm.

I removed my left stabilizing block for now. Does anyone think this will be an issue? It's not like the axle will suddenly shift positions, will it? I have the axle torqued down to the proper 81 lb. foot.

Is my bike safe to ride as-is? Anyone know someone who makes the properly milled/machined parts for the LighTech chain adjusters that will fit a 2013 Daytona 675R swingarm properly, with hub clearance? I heard something about a guy named 'Fast Eddie' or something? Google didn't show any results relating to this.

Any advice or help is welcome.

Thanks!

Spacep0d's MotoVlog!

Current Bike: 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-25-18, 12:34
MGFChapin

Garage
I've never had LighTech adjusters but I know sometimes the swingarm requires a bit of modification to make them fit. Search for Riders Discount's post about it.

You're thinking of Fast Frank Racing. Good stuff but expensive for the chain adjusters/quick change kit: https://fastfrankracing.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Ftriumph

You're probably better off getting the LighTechs to work, then you should have money left over to pick up a set of captive wheel spacers from @Thatkid .
post #3 of 5 Old 07-25-18, 13:10
GMike278

There are a bunch of threads on this already but the issues with fitment is due to inconsistencies in where Triumph drilled the bolt holes in the swingarm.

I have em and got lucky with the swingarm on my street triple:

Can you post photos of how yours are on the bike?

post #4 of 5 Old 07-26-18, 07:12
Gosling 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike278 View Post
There are a bunch of threads on this already but the issues with fitment is due to inconsistencies in where Triumph drilled the bolt holes in the swingarm.

I have em and got lucky with the swingarm on my street triple:

Can you post photos of how yours are on the bike?
The installation instructions address the issue and give three possible part #'s depending on the dimension measured on your bike. I downloaded the instructions from Revzilla but the adjusters are on backorder. Looked on the Lightech Italy website and could not find a listing for the Daytona/Street Triple anymore, wonder if they discontinued them because of the fitment issues?

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0000...eet_triple.pdf
post #5 of 5 Old 08-19-18, 11:19
Pergrem

Iíve talked to lightech about this for my 765 RS. They still offer them, but in two versions. TETR001 which is 108mm and TETR002 which is 95mm. Using the method to measure it looks like Iím around 98mm-100mm so I guess Iím closest to 95mm. Iím undecided if I want to take a chance on them

2014 Triumph Daytona 675R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement