Triumph 675 Forums banner

Introductions

359K views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  atelliot33 
#1 ·
Take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. This thread is for a written intro, you can also post a pic of you/your current bike in this thread, you/your 675 in this thread, and to add yourself to the owners' map, see this thread. You can also make use of our Photo Gallery, see the link in the upper right on any of the forum screens.

Well, my name's Noam (aka Sarchi on the mc boards). I'm 40 and live in Hamilton (er.. that's Canada.. not Bermuda, darn), with my wife and two of my three kids. I started riding two years ago on an '86 Ninja 1000R, I sold it this year and bought a new FZ6. I've put 22,000 kms on the two bikes - no problems so far, knock on wood.

Well - had I known the 675 was coming out, I might have waited on a new bike....... but, to be honest, a bike with more relaxed ergos suits me well, and I love the FZ. So I'm gonna bide my time and also hope Triumph will bring out a baby Speed Trip, or Tiger, or ST... based on the 675. Obviously I love the Daytona but I'm not sure it'd make a good "only bike" for me. Besides that, my SO doesn't wanna hear about new bikes for awhile!

So why did I start this site? Good question.. I don't really know! It was just an impulse really. I do think the 675 will be "all the rage" in the next couple years and I guess I thought it'd be fun to start a web site for it.

Happy and safe riding to everyone--

See less See more
#2,441 ·
Greetings! Just added a 2017 675 Street Triple R to the garage. Been riding a cafe’d out 2015 Bonneville (clip-ons and rear-sets) so the irony that I own a cruiser with sport bike positioning and a sport bike with an upright position hasn’t escaped me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2,444 ·
Hi from Ft Collins Co

Hi, my name is Chuck. I'm just getting back into motorcycling. I've owned a number of bikes over the year and roadraced in the 125GP class for a couple of years in the 90's. Guess that shows how old I am.

I just purchased a salvage 2011 Street Triple R from Coparts. I'm in the process of fixing it back up and titling it. If anyone wants to know about the salvage auction experience from a first time buyer, let me know. I'll post a few pics when I get home.

Thanks,
Chuck

#2,446 ·
Thanks for adding me to the forum. I'm Patrick from Calgary and I have purple 2012 Street Triple. Looking to swap the forks and rear suspension to either an old Daytona or an Ohlins one. Let me know if you have some for sale or any installation tips. Cheers!
Welcome to the forum! It's just about the 2 weeks of the year when you can head over the mountains! lol I lived in YYC for 8 years, loved doing bike trips to the Kootenays, I miss that. The weather... not so much.

#2,447 ·
Hey there! Im Diego and I just got myself a white 2016 Daytona 675R. I got it from a guy who barely used it and that switched into the Touring Bikes world.

Im in Costa Rica and mine is one of the five 675R that the Triumph dealer brought to the country. :blind::trophy:

Bike came with Arrow Slip-on, K&N, Fender Eliminator, and only 4K miles on it. Took her to the dealership yesterday and got it checked and updated; everything is ok. Getting new S22´s next saturday.

This is my first triple, I used to ride a 2012 R6 and also own a CBR250R (daily ride)

Hope to learn and share a lot with you guys.

Best,

Diego

Pura Vida

Attachments

#2,454 ·
Howdy folks, new to the Daytona family. I just purchased an 06 675 and looking to track her. No photos yet, coming soon, but from what I've seen so far there's a lot to learn. I'm in need of a few basic parts so I'll be in the classifieds for a bit. I'm in Chesapeake, VA, looking to pay VIR a visit soon. Everyone stay blessed!

#2,462 ·
Not sure if THIS is the right place for an Introduction, but will repost just in case:

Former die hard Triumph rider....been out of the Triumph game for a couple years....but hope to get back in, in the future. Started out with a black 2001 Speed Triple, that I had to have after seeing Mission Impossible 2 back in the day. Was a great bike, put 36k trouble fee miles on it over a 6 year period, before I ultimately sold it.

Next up was a 2002 Thunderbird 900. That was a fantastic all around bike...perfect size....comfortable to ride....reliable....thought I'd keep it forever. Forever turned into 13 years....only sold it because I was moving & couldn't take it with me.

During those 13 years, I also picked up a 2003 Speed Triple & then a 2012 Imperial Purple Street Triple. Only kept the 03 Speed Triple a couple years....It wasn't nearly as comfortable as my 2001 and I just didn't like it as much, so on to the next owner it went.

Picked up the 2012 Street Triple in 2014, rode it for 6 years, and sold it....mainly because I was moving & it wasn't feasible to take it with me. Soon after I bought it though, I turned it into a comfortable commuter/touring bike. Added risers to the handlebars, Corbin & Sargent seats, saddlebags, tank bag, rear seat bag, & a center stand, along with various other bits & pieces. Wasn't looking for the purple color....wasn't sure about it at first....then when I saw it in person, I thought this looks cool as he!!.

Before I went with the Street Triple, I tried out a newer model Speed Triple and I ultimately liked the smaller 675 better. Lighter, more nimble, and just more comfortable to ride. And by that time, the 2012 675 had more power than my 2001 or 2003 Speed Triple anyway.

Right now I am without a Triumph, but I do still have a 1982 Suzuki GS450T that I turned into a cafe/rat bike....and it DOES have a Daytona 675 Corbin seat on it....so still some British love there.

Hoping to get a Street Triple 765 in the future, OR go the adventure route & pick up a Tiger 900....OR better yet, a Scrambler. But that's probably a couple years out at this point.....fingers crossed it'll be sooner.

#2,464 ·
Hi all. I’m Greg and have a habit of adopting strays. Usually 70’s two strokes but a 08 Daytona 675 recently sought refuge in my garage. Most of my riding happens in the Western AR region with trips elsewhere. It’s great to have found a place with an abundance of knowledge for the 675 and I look forward to contributing. Thanks!

#2,469 ·
Hi everyone, I am Alex and I live in Canberra, Australia.
I recently purchased a 2009 Daytona. It is a dream to run about on. This is my first upgrade from a 300... I am frothing the whistle/whine of the triple under load, and the hectic braking power of the front twinnies.
I have discovered that the front forks have some chips which cut the seals.
Does anyone know have/know of forks for sale?
Thanks Team