Triumph 675 Forums banner

AZ Riders interested in a tech day?

8K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  TwistyWristy 
#1 ·
Any 675 or Street Triple riders in the Phoenix area interested in putting together a tech or wrench day? I live in the Gilbert area and would be willing to host. I do my own basic maintenance (fluids, chain adjust, tire changes etc.) and will be moving into valve clearance check/adjust, throttle body synch. If anyone would be interested in coming by to learn along, or offer some informed advice i'd be happy to have you. Recently downloaded TUNE ECU and picked up a cable. I ride a 2011Street Triple (and a few other bikes). I have a lift and all the basic tools to do the work. Would also like to head out on a ride some time, although we might want to wait until full furnace season has passed to venture out during the day. Hope to hear from fellow AZ riders

#3 ·
Hey Ichimo,

I don't know if you're still interested, but I'm going to install new triple trees and rear shock linkage on my Daytona the weekend of the 22nd/23rd. Might also put my autotune unit back in the bike. However, I don't have a great way to hoist the front of my bike up where I live. Do you have a garage with exposed beam supports?

Regards,

Miles D.

#6 ·
My setup for front end work

3/4" Iron plumbing pipe. I suspend tie-down ratchets to the top cross bar and attach to the frame (tank off) Works like a charm

2x 6' lengths
6x 3' lengths
2x Ts
4x 90s
2 end caps (optional) I find it a bit more stable if I use these

Small footprint in garage when broken down

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.