Triumph 675 Forums banner

Better Brake Calipers and Master

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  trackday_slow_poke 
#1 ·
I have seen lots of pictures of track bikes with Non R model 675's with brake calipers from the R6 or R1 or Brembo. I have a 2013 675 non R. Im curious how much of an upgrade it is to go with one of them. I have an extra set of brake calipers from a 2007 R1 that bolt right up. Would it be pointless to install them? I will be eliminating ABS. Also i see that the OEM Master is a Nissin 16mm bore and the 07 R1 is a 16mm Brembo. Should i bring over the Brembo MC also? OR am I just screwing with something that isn't broken. lol. Thank you in advance, This is my first Post.

#2 ·
The Nissin calipers have good power, they just drag a lot and rebuild kits are expensive. R6/R1 calipers are cheap to rebuild.

I doubt you'd notice much of a difference swapping masters. If you're going to put on a new master, you might as well get a nice aftermarket one like a Brembo RCS Corsa Corta.

The main issue is why do you want to do this? Are you actually a "trackday slow poke?" Get faster & upgrade when you notice brake fade.

#3 ·
I would say that i am a slow poke compared to the advanced group riders. I plan on taking the next year very serious to get to that point. I re thought the reason why i would do it now and it seemed like a good time because i'm eliminating the ABS and i have the calipers already.

I'll look into the RCS Corsa Corta. I had a friend that recommended the 19X20 Brembo master and was going to look into that also.

I would prefer running the Stock Nissin MC for now with the R1 Calipers when I get the Galfer lines in. Then i could use the matching set of levers and then i upgrade the MC later in the season.

Do you think it would give me any problems with that combo?

#4 ·
I had a GP Mk2 19x20 before my RCS Corsa Corta and I loved it, but the brakes are pretty much either on or off. Advanced users only.

When switching masters, you always need to make sure you're using a compatible piston size. If you're sure the R1 master has the same diameter piston as the 675's, no problem switching. Using a 19x20 would also be OK, but you'd get better feel with a 19x18. That's why the RCS is so nice - there are tons of combinations available to change the ratio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.