Here is the first round - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 50 Old 10-14-08, 21:25 Thread Starter
hmuchmo1

Send a message via AIM to hmuchmo1 Send a message via Yahoo to hmuchmo1
Here is the first round

https://www.triumph675.net/2009Calendar/index.html
https://www.triumph675.net/2009Calend...ing/index.html

Start looking and make note of the ones you like.

07 Scorched Yellow 675,Full Leo Vince EVO II, Clear Alternatives - yellow, Dual DDM HID 6K, Tank Tredz, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator, ASV Levers, D3 Grips, Custom 520 kit, armour body race kit, tuneboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 10-14-08, 21:29
A.pArKs
BOTM Winner

Looks like its gonna be AWESOME!!!!

"Change" is all Obama is going to leave in our pockets.
post #3 of 50 Old 10-14-08, 21:53
thunder900ss

Some great shots Gang!!!! Keep em coming!!!!!!! Gonna be great calender! Some really obvious choices in there!!

post #4 of 50 Old 10-14-08, 22:06
AsphaltScraper
Chiperator

Love the shots of the Mountain!!! They have to be in a racing calendar for sure. I'm rather partial to the one of my wife too.
post #5 of 50 Old 10-14-08, 22:56
Jstu202
John the Jersey Admin

Garage
There definitely are some awesome shots in there.

On a side note.. The AZ people need a handicap or something, anywhere they take a picture its gonna look good with that kind of landscape!

jk

CCS Expert # 900 STT - Advanced TPM - Advanced NESBA - Advanced TTD - Advanced
Spammer Kill Count - 221 "Piranha Gun! Oh Yeaaa!!"
Ridersdiscount
- BridgewaterAcura - VIP Honda
"Death smiles at us all, All a man can do is smile back."
post #6 of 50 Old 10-15-08, 00:13
eric916

Wow is that hang time or what!
post #7 of 50 Old 10-15-08, 02:54
Lindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstu202 View Post
On a side note.. The AZ people need a handicap or something, anywhere they take a picture its gonna look good with that kind of landscape!
Hey Now!, Don't be Hate-in!
Great Shots every-one esp the Race pic's, Stunning!
post #8 of 50 Old 10-15-08, 04:21
Rat Race
BOTM Winner

As a keen amateur photographer, I took an open university course on photography earlier this year. One of the things we did every week was to comment on other peoples photos and put our photos up for comment. I thought I would do the same here, as there are some photos I would love to see on the calendar, but I would like to see them tweaked. Comments are designed to be constructive, so please don't take offence

danlapointe_2_dscf0852.jpg, the hose wants to be photoshopped out, but thats it. Great contrast of colours and well lined up.

aparks_dscf0217.jpg I think this needs to be cropped a bit tighter. Keeping the building in, but reducing the amount of tarmac and sky. The building is getting used well for contrast, but the bike is the star.

aparks_dscf0493.jpg , great find.

aszspeedtriple_675_net__4some_prescott_jerome_ride _027.jpg, again I would like to see this cropped tighter as you can see the hill in the background has been chopped off. It makes more sense to crop tighter at the top so you can't see that top right piece of sky, then it doesn't look like it has been chopped. The bikes have been lined up beautifully.

budo_encinitas.jpg, beautiful shot, Just needs straightening as the horizon is considerably slanted. Also wants a tiny photoshop touch to remove the eye pulling stone in the foreground.

azspeedtriple_sunset_in_tucson.jpg, I would have liked the bike bigger, but this is a great photo. The colour of the hill because of the sunset is stunning.

nathan_27092008259.jpg, would benefit from straightening and slightly altering the contrast and saturation, but I think this is a great shot. I love the idea of the 675 being stealthy.

dave_gratton_1.jpg, shame the bike isn't clean, but it is a fabulous shot and definately deserves to be included.

ggillies_675_4.jpg, the bike wants centralising in the photo with small crop to the left hand side, as there is no value added with the extra wall, but this is the star of the show for me. This is probably the best photoshop job I have ever seen of the 675. Absolutely stunning piece of work.

rat_race_5_dsc_5391.jpg, this is in with the racing photos, but as it is on a public road, I think it should be on this calendar. I like it, but am obviously biased.

Other noticables for me

budo_2_mg_0458.jpg. This is a great photo, no doubt, and I would be very happy with it, but I don't think there is enough detail to make it a good calendar photo. You might be able to get away with lightening your shadows, but it may well go too grainy. I would love to see this shot tried again, but it might be an idea to time the exposure, so if it is say 20 seconds, take the photo again and at about 18 seconds, shine a light on to the bike. This will then light the bike, but still give you the same wonderful background.

thunder900ss_dsc00067.jpg. This is a really well thought out shot, perfectly lined up. The only problem with macro photos though is you get to see how dirty the bike is (which I found on my own shots).

azspeedtriple_p7030020.jpg This would have made a wonderful shot for the calendar. Just a shame the bikes are out of focus as the focus line is on the tarmac.

nathan_26092008183.jpg I think this is a beautiful photo, but for a calendar about the 675, I think the bike needs to be prominent within the photo.

Last edited by Rat Race; 10-15-08 at 04:48.
post #9 of 50 Old 10-15-08, 05:10
Rat Race
BOTM Winner

My thoughts on the race photos

roy86_1_190708jpm_1003.jpg Lovely aggresive style and great contrast of the black leathers and bright green bike.

asphaltscraper_qf1m3683.jpg I wish black tape had been used instead of yellow, but this is a lovely shot. Clean white leathers with a black bike and the Union flag very prominent. Very classy look.

michiel_dsc_6937.jpg The bike wants centralising in the shot, but a beatifully taken photo in a great setting.

rat_race_2_dsc_5485_1.jpg The photographer wants photoshopping out, but I love how Youngy is riding the bike like a motorcrosser

rat_race_3_dsc_5544.jpg If only one Embassy photo is used, then this has to be the one. Loads of air time and of course Glen went on to win the British Supersport Championship, so he deserves to be in the calendar more than anyone.

triplethreat_mo092208ma_179.jpg Beautiful looking corner and great looking bike.

thunder900ss_mo092208an_105.jpg Great photo. just wants the white patch/sticker photoshopping out, but otherwise perfect. I love the heat haze from the exhaust.

triplethreat_mo092208aa_348.jpg The combination of colours work really well here and the lean angle looks great.

rat_race_1_cadwell_september_08.jpg I think the depth of field in this photo looks really stunning and the backdrop being a tunnel of trees looks unique for a track.

dunk_92_jh4q2654.jpg Stunning photo. Oozing style and effort and a great looking bike.

dunk_92_n_g_r_r_c__snetterton_10th___11th_may_08_2 _101.jpg Always nice to see a bike with a trophy

toso_cp2_7189.jpg As much as I don't like the pink, this is a great photo with a wonderful heat haze.
post #10 of 50 Old 10-15-08, 08:10
Jstu202
John the Jersey Admin

Garage
Rich, I like your idea. I hope you can criticize mine when Heath puts them up. I would like to know what I can work on.

CCS Expert # 900 STT - Advanced TPM - Advanced NESBA - Advanced TTD - Advanced
Spammer Kill Count - 221 "Piranha Gun! Oh Yeaaa!!"
Ridersdiscount
- BridgewaterAcura - VIP Honda
"Death smiles at us all, All a man can do is smile back."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement