Triumph 675 Forums banner

Carbon wrapping, very cool

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ax10m 
#1 ·
As i was browsing around the google trying to find pics of vinyl wrapped st3rs, i came across this video. The music is annoying as shit but i've never seen the process of carbon wrapping parts. Very cool!

#6 ·
I ended up watching almost all nine minutes of that, to my surprise. That's way cool! I had no idea carbon wrapping was done with a liquid-ish dip process:thumbup::cool2:
thats because its hydrodipping as said.

i personally dont consider that as "wrapping"

and carbon hydrodipping looks extremely fake

#7 ·
Yea, the weave typically shows up warped and stretched at corners and edges due to the nature of water. Not so good for geometric/uniform designs, camo shows up fine which is why hunters/fisherman like hydrodipping. You also can't exactly dip an entire car.

The only downside to dinoc and 1080 is that it shows up as bare carbon. No real carbon is left bare, it will always be coated in resin. So if you want it to look authentic, you'll have to clear coat it until it's smooth (it's textured to show dimension and realism).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.