Triumph triple and/or Daytona 675 owners. I'd like to talk to you about your bike! - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 7 Old 04-13-19, 03:27 Thread Starter
HenryBraxton

Triumph triple and/or Daytona 675 owners. I'd like to talk to you about your bike!

I've had my eye on triumphs for a little bit. Specifically the triple cylinder bikes. I can't quite put my finger on why exactly I like them so much, but there is something about all of them that really does it for me.

If I were to have my pick, I'd choose the Daytona 675 SE or R.

If anybody is riding one, I'd love to hear what you have to say about them. Have you ridden other 600cc 4-cyl super sports? how does the 675 compare? Do they come with ABS? How are they on long trips? What are the likes/dislikes?

I find myself on kijiji looking at them a little too often...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-13-19, 10:14
ramnakhle

Garage
My ride is a 2014 Daytona 675R.

I have ridden:
2007 Z750 (owned for 1 year)
2012 Yamaha R6
2016 Kawasaki ZX6-R
2017 Kawasaki ZX10-R
2017 Kawasaki ZX10-RR (wow)
2013 Triumph street triple R
2014 Kawasaki ER-6N

Previously owned a 2007 Kawasaki Z750. This bike blew my mind when I first got it, it was about 6-7 years old with 40,000km on odo. I thought, as expected, I would never want another bike.
Until I saw the Daytona at the local triumph dealership. Love at first sight. Traded the old bike in and got the Daytona. The rest is history.
20-30 extra horses and maybe 30-40 fewer Kg!

IMHO the single, best middle weight sport bike money can buy. Iíve ridden a 2014 R6, hard, and a 2016 ZX6R. The Daytona makes them look and feel like tractors by comparison.
Not in terms of sheer power or track performance, all middleweights are pretty much on level ground there, but there are areas where they canít compete:

1- The Daytona has some of the best mid range power and torque youíve ever experienced on a 600 class super sport. Hands down. The R6 is completely dead below 10-12K rpm. The Daytona feels more like a liter bike in that area. Better for street riding of course.

2- premium build quality: no competition there. Just take a look and you can see the difference

3- premium components on R versions.
The Daytona 675R has as standard: Pirelli supercorsa SPs, Brembos, top of the line Ohlins suspension, a quickshifter, switchable ABS with track mode or completely off mode, carbon fiber bits. You donít see that on many middle weights out there. And you can feel all these components; ride quality, flickability, sheer cornering heaven and stability. Beautiful bike to ride and it is a pleasure every minute.

4- looks and styling - in the eye of the beholder, of course. But damn that Daytona is gorgeous!! :)

Now to be fair, there are a few things weíd like to see on a new and refreshed Daytona (fingers crossed) like:
- traction control
- ride by wire throttle and power modes
- auto blipper
- anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 Old 04-13-19, 11:03
Arawn

'13 675R owner here. IMHO close to one of the best street bikes, but not quite. If Suzuki had ever got off their ass and added ABS to the GSXR 750 the Daytona would no longer be in my garage.

What I don't like about the Daytona:
- Engine heat; reminds me of a friend's R1, doesn't heat up as fast as the R1, but it gets there in the frame / leg burn aspect. Not a problem when you're on the open road, but its really annoying in the city, and I have to go across the city to get to the good roads.

- Regular steering damper. Electronic steering dampers were common in the mid 2000s. Makes it annoying at low speed maneuvers, bike just feels heavy.

- Mirrors - they have to be the most stupid design.
- Aftermarket support, mostly because it never got much going for it and it dried up fast.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-14-19, 15:30 Thread Starter
HenryBraxton
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Triumph triple and/or Daytona 675 owners. I'd like to talk to you about your bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryBraxton View Post
I've had my eye on triumphs for a little bit. Specifically the triple cylinder bikes. I can't quite put my finger on why exactly I like them so much, but there is something about all of them that really does it for me.

If I were to have my pick, I'd choose the Daytona 675 SE or R.Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/ https://sarkariresult.onl/

If anybody is riding one, I'd love to hear what you have to say about them. Have you ridden other 600cc 4-cyl super sports? how does the 675 compare? Do they come with ABS? How are they on long trips? What are the likes/dislikes?

my issue has been solved!!
post #5 of 7 Old 04-16-19, 01:13
Matt Thomas

675 R

Agree with everything above. Iíll add to long trips. 2500 Kms put on in 7 days from AB to BC and back. It was a hard ride without cruise. Thatís why I have a gs adventure too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 Old 04-17-19, 20:29
AYoDread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryBraxton View Post

If I were to have my pick, I'd choose the Daytona 675 SE or R.

I noticed that the Japanese 600cc bikes are more street bikes than track bikes. Better seats, softer shift, clutch and brake levers , less feed back from the road , better ergonomics. I could ride them longer than my Daytona, The Daytona gives you a lot of road feed back which is great for somewhat spirited to aggressive riding but not for communting or cruising. It wears down your body faster.

Their engines seem to be stale down low except for the Kawasaki and Suzuki. Those 2 600 bikes were torquey and had a nice midrange. The other 2 were flat down low and spiked up top! And that's me full throttle from a stop. So the power comes in differently, I would say the Daytona was like and over head valve V8 good power down low and in the midrange but not much up top but not too stale up top to notice. So the Japanese bike were more user and noob friendly. The Daytona had a smooth power bad all the way out top, It allowed me to be comfortable going wide open throttle from a stop and stay in it all the way up top, the jap bikes started to lift a little and I always backed out. or in 1st from a 30mph roll I would roll on to full throttle .

The problem I had was when I rode aggressively, they lacked that feedback I needed to keep that fast pace. I did not always know if that rear tire was planted, Suzuki's are hardest to lean, Yamaha's are quick to turn but not Daytona quick and you had to keep the revs high to get a good drive out of the turn, Kawasaki and Honda were slow and easy to turn as well so in an S turn I would hesitate because I didn't feel confident these bikes would flip to the otherside fast enough. My biggest issue was the brakes, after a a couple hard stops I lose some brake feel. The Daytona's were always hard but they stayed hard but the brakes would squeal, the Japanese bikes got softer...and softer causing you to brake earlier .

Build quality as mentioned above is not up there with the Daytona. It seemed to me these bikes were built to be manufactured fast and go fast but not to last. I do all my own maintenance on my Daytona and after seeing other Japanese bikes stripped down I can see the lack of quality. For example the top triple tree on Japanese bikes to me looks like a piece of metal with 3 holes drilled into. The Daytona looks a well designed piece of aluminum. Also on the Japaneses bikes I did not like how fuel lines and vacuum lines were routed, or the placement of the R/R.

These are my personal opinions so take them with a grain of salt. My GF has a Kawasaki ZX6R that we work on together and I know she is tired of my picking on her bike and how cheap some things look to me. LOL!

"I don't know who you noobs are. I don't know what you noobs want. If you are looking for attention, I can tell you I don't have a long span. But, what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very large amount of posts. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you drop this now, that'll be the end of it. I will not Google you, I will not photochop you. But if you don't, I will search the webnets for you, I will find you, and I will pwn you."
post #7 of 7 Old 07-01-20, 09:18
whereaminow

I've had my eye on triumphs for a tad. Explicitly the triple chamber bicycles. I can't exactly place why precisely I like them such a great amount of, yet there is something in particular pretty much every one of them that truly does it for me.

If I somehow happened to have my pick, I'd pick the Daytona 675 SE or R.

In the event that anyone is riding one, I'd love to hear what you need to state about them. Have you ridden other 600cc 4-cyl super games? how does the 675 think about? Do they accompany ABS? How are they on long outings? What are the preferences/disdains?

I wind up on kijiji taking a gander at them excessively regularly... whereaminow

Last edited by whereaminow; 07-08-20 at 06:03.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement