Triumph 675 Forums banner

Deal's Gap

13K views 48 replies 6 participants last post by  Allworld 
#1 ·
Just thought I would put this out there; I am heading to Deal's Gap in September. I will trailer my bike to Carlisle, PA and then ride down the rest of the way. If anyone is interested in meeting up, let me know.
The dates are as follows: Carlisle 9-14 (arrive evening) 9-15 ( early morning departure)
Tellico Plains, TN arrive 9-17 depart morning of 9-21
Carlisle, PA arrive 9-22 leave 9-23 (morning of)

I rented a cabin on the river in Tellico Plains, excellent location.......... if you are anywhere near, give me a shout.

#37 ·
Well with the hurricane hitting the area I am going to drive my bike down in the back of my van rather than ride down. I have never done that, so now I am not limited to what I take with me, wow a clean shirt every day.......... I will also get there sooner and be able to stay longer.
If anyone is going to be in the area lets try to find each other.

#38 ·
I’m still down to ride.
Will be Sunday or Monday before I can get out.
And I will try for an afternoon next week. Really depends on the weather. And if the state strike team leaves I will have to go on duty for the ambulance here locally.
Yay hurricane season

#39 ·
I'll be there Sunday for sure. I have a different cabin. I'm now in cabin #16. If you see a brownish Ram van with MA tags, you found me. :)
I will be there till Saturday morning, so hopefully we get some road time in, and perhaps a bit to eat.

#47 ·
So I'm back in Boston, after spending a week in Tellico Plains. I didn't have any wifi or cell phone coverage and was never able to meet up with anyone on this forum. I did however have a fantastic time. I do this trip every Sept. so we should see if we can't get a group together for next year.

#48 ·
I was there on Friday, and looked like an idiot asking every Triumph owner if they were from Boston, or a member here, lol.

Ended up riding with a woman on a Kawi 650, and boyfriend was on a Striple. When they changed bikes, she flew on the Striple. All I could handle.

#49 ·
I was there on Friday, and looked like an idiot asking every Triumph owner if they were from Boston, or a member here, lol.
I regret that we never met up. Not that I'm a detective type, but you should have looked for "Mass" plates :)

I was on the Dragon on Friday but only for about an hour or so ( 2 runs back and forth). Then I headed out with a guy who was part of a group that I met down there.
We hit the Moonshiner and Skyway............. They would put us in jail around here for the speeds we hit, >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.