Triumph 675 Forums banner

Dealer Experiences..

51K views 93 replies 72 participants last post by  TheMacUser 
#1 ·
mods can you please sticky this?

Please share your dealer experiences you may have had including sales, service etc. so that other board members seeking information can become enlightened. Please be specific about your experiences, no need to come on here and say XYZ sucks because I heard it from some guy. If you have had a positive or negative experience, please share it. If you have a particular contact in parts, sales or service that deserves mention due to his attention to detail be sure to include a name as well so if a member decides to visit that dealer they can go see him/her.

If you have a particularly negative experience, be sure to let us know as well. I would hate to end up taking my baby to a shop with a terrible record of service and leave it in their care.

#77 ·
D & D cycles in Norfolk, Virginia

I have gone in there a few times. Picked up a seat cowl and ordered a new stator cover and gasket will be ordering a new set of plastics and tank in 2 weeks(bike was backed into by someone no frame damage). Customer service seemed top notch!!!! My bike is going in for some warranty work, once i get my new bodywork on!

#78 ·
Fredricktown yamaha in MD

I give them two thumbs up, first off the gave me an exellent deal in the middle of the summer for my brand new 07, and their service is great. I have had to bring my bike in twice for warrenty work and the turn around has been very qiuck. And they are all great guys in there.

#81 ·
Never saw this thread before. Lynnwood Cycle Barn in Wa.
Sales person qouted me price after I had already been in talking to him. I asked is that for Red? He said yes the price was for a red one. I went back over (one hour trip). Got there no red. He said "oh I can only give you that price for a Scorched Yellow".
"You said Red" "Well I will try, blah,blah,blah. I had to come back after literally hours of waiting to pick bike up. Took day off work. Called on the ferry to make sure it was ready. "Oh no we forgot it will be ready when you get here."
I get there "It's going to be ready in an hour." Salesman asks me if my face turns red when I am mad. I answer yes. Bike is ready in almost two hours. Sales manager gives me $25 gift card to compensate.:laugh:
So in summary I would give it a D- grade. I have heard there is a good dealership in Oregon. Anyone know what it is? Supposed to be mom and pop. I think i will ride down there for the big services.

#82 ·
i bought my bike, the 675 at rockwell cycles...... we have as a family bought 4 bikes from the place. They treat you as if they never seen you before. The service is terrible, i brought the 675 to get it fixed, was having battery trouble. And the 1st mechanic went and did all these test, and said the bike was fine. Had the same problem later that day, brought it back the next day, and made the boss come and check it, he tightened a bolt and it was fine. I had to oder a battery once from them, traveled 5 hours to the shop to get it installed... they said the part never came in, After arival, so i had to stay in a hotel that night, and then they still didnt put it on until 5pm the next day. I have found a shop full of old men that work on anything with 2 wheels and this is ware i bring everything from this point on

#83 ·
Great Bay Triumph Ducati in North Hampton, New Hampshire

The first time I went there They were barbecuing in the parking lot. So, I grabbed some munchables and went inside... Inside they were blasting Social D so loud the sales guy nearly had to yell to ask me what I was looking for. I thought it was a sale or a party of some sort, it was just Saturday, I guess. Great atmosphere and cool staff was my first impression.

Anyway, everyone there was really knowledgeable and helpful - A couple dudes deserve a shout-out because they A) put a bike aside for me because I told them I would put a deposit on it a week later, B) it took me three weeks to get the full deposit down and they were still pumped to see me when I came in, and C) gave me a good deal on the price ($8,999 final price, fees, everything included). Don, Kalib and this chick, Vero, were stand-up homies. Thanks guys!

I suggest this place to anyone who is interested in Triumphs in the New England area. Plus they had three 1098s, an 848, and a '92 Duc 851 for me to drool over while I waited for paperwork.

#84 ·
Myers Ducati - Asheville, NC

Took the 675 there for the first service. Everything went smoothly and I ordered some parts, the parts dept is very helpful.

The tuono was needing tires so I ordered a set of rosso's. While I was there I related a story to the parts guys about a dealer in Florida that dropped my R1 and didn't say anything. They assured me that their staff was professional and I had nothing to worry about.

A few days later I was called and told that the tires had arrived. I scheduled an appointment and dropped the bike off a couple days later. I called around 5pm that day and was told that the bike was ready.

When I picked it up I was kind of in a hurry and they were closing but noticed that the left mirror was angled strangely. Oh well, they must have bumped into it walking around the bike, I've done that myself.

When I got home I started looking at the bike and something wasn't right. The left turn signal was bent down and back. Upon further examination, the left intake port was busted. They had dropped my bike and not said a word about it.

I was pissed but by this time the dealership was closed for the weekend. I bent the fairing bracket back out so that the turn signal was level, buffed the lens and fixed the intake port. Tuesday I called and spoke with the shop foreman, he said that it had fallen when he was putting it on the lift but didn't see any damage. Hmmm, didn't bother mentioning that, unbelievable. The damage wasn't extensive but they could have said something, I decided to let it go.

This has been a couple weeks ago and I've been riding the 675 but yesterday I went out to the shop to clean up the bikes and it looks like they scratched the rear wheel on the T as well. It must have been at a rotation where I couldn't see it before but it looks like they took the tire off with a crowbar.

I'm rather disgusted at this point.

#85 ·
Horrid experience at the service department at O.C. Motorsports.

Took my bike in for service because the idle was rough and would once in a while die at a stop. I suggested to them adjusting the idle stepper motor. So they reflashed the ECU and then the bike wouldn't go past 6K. They told me to leave it there and they would get it fixed the next day.

Next day rolls around and I get a call saying it works and to come pick it up. I go there and they tell me they got a new tune in and they adjusted the exhaust valve. Then they wanted to charge me for it. Nobody called me telling me they were going to do something that they were going to charge me for. Then they tell me they found a non-factory tune in the ECU and that is what was causing the idle issue and after the re-flash with their factory map, the exhaust valve had a problem so they adjusted that. Thing is, I've never touched the ECU so the service people are trying to bullshit their way out or O.C. Motorsports sells 675's with non-factory tunes.

Oh, to top it off, my idle is still off. They fixed nothing.

#86 ·
Ok so I bought my bike at Steel Dreams in Fayetteville, NC. I'm 21 and have no credit and they worked their asses off to get me financed. They gave me free installation on my lojack and on my way out the door they loaded me up with lots of free stuff. Great people and the best dealer experience I've ever had.

#87 ·
service help needed and dealership reviews

Has ANYONE had any dealings with Triumph of TALLAHASSEE (FL) AKA FLORIDA motorsprts??? (http://www.floridamotorsports.com/default.asp?sid=triumph

or

Triump of PANAMA aka D&D cycles???? (http://triumph.danddcycles.com/home_triumph.asp)

I need to get in for the recalls and some warrenty related issues....these are the two closest listed on Triumphs site......

I am currently located in FORT RUCKER, AL (DOTHAN AREA)...If anyone knows a good local service spot let me know thanks.....

ODIE

#89 ·
Transportation Revolution- New Orleans

I live in Houston and was looking for a 2008 black or SE in late September. Called every Triumph dealer in Texas, no black, no SE, plenty of blue, one red in Dallas. Expanded my search into neighboring Louisiana. Called these guys. They had a new black and a slightly used SE (700 miles) from a guy who bought and returned for a street triple.

I had them email me pictures, we talked a few times over a few weeks and I closed everything over the phone. Had an independent shipper pick it up and I was the proud owner of a 2008 SE in October 2008. These guys hooked me up with the service department for any questions and were straight about everything. Two thumbs up.

#90 ·
British usa - south houston texas is horrible

Do not ever drop your bike off at British USA in South Houston, TX.

These guys scraped the bottom of my bike unloading off the truck. They took 9 weeks to order turn signal indicators and gave me attitude when I called after 6 weeks. Since picking up the bike, I have had a bar end fall off because they did not tighten the screw securely. And I've had one of the gas tank bracket screws come undone.

They advised me to replace parts not needing replacement.

Horrible service, horrible girls at the counter, horrible all around.

#93 ·
Colonial Cycle, off jeff davis highway in virginia. I'm in afghanistan and bought the 2010 d675 SE from this hassle free. I've done a few transactions while over here and Id say this was one of the best. I didnt wanna have to finance the bike for 3-4 months and have to pay full coverage so I took a long shot and asked if I could give them 4000 tomorrow via my PoA and pay the rest in 3000 incremments till nov 1. They actually said yes, and so that was that bought my first Triumph. Not sure of service or anything yet but will update when I know seem to be good people though I believe its family owned because the son was my sales guy and he had to ask his dad to approve this odd transaction. I think it was D & D in va beach area were great too I only chose to go with colonial for the closer to richmond, but both shops were very helpful and responded fast to emails and understood phone calls would be hit and miss. I look forward to meeting the staff and my bike in about another week !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.