Nemesis traction control , should I? - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 9 Old 01-14-15, 10:44 Thread Starter
Pizzadude2010

Nemesis traction control , should I?

Hello all,
I was hoping to get some feedback, input etc on a mod I'm thinking of adding to my bike.
I'm 46 and have only been riding a little over 4 years but I got bit by the motorcycle bug hard and over that time have had 16 bikes ( Including dirt bikes)
I guess I felt like I needed to make up for lost time! :)
I had a Ducati 1199 which I loved but it was just to much for the street. And the track for that matter as it's WAY above my skills. Loved it on the track but I ride street a good bit too.
So I sold that and bought a 2013 Daytona 675 R. Love that bike too, great on the track and on the street. I've done a few mods to it, Ohlins steering damper, full Akrapovic exhaust, sliders etc.
I'm thinking about putting the Nemesis traction control on it which is REAL pricy but gets great reviews.
I like the idea of traction control for both street and track as a safety measure and being honest I just miss some of the "coolness" of all the electronics the 1199 had.
Do you think it's worth it to put a traction control system that will run north of 2k on a 13k bike?
I'm planning on keeping this bike for a while FYI as opposed to my self noted track recorded of buying and selling bikes.
Any feed back is is much appreciated it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-14-15, 11:16
jdgun_13

Like yourself I have experienced some fun with the power of electronics on my RSV4. Truly amazing technology, on a bike which normally could or will bite you for being over zealous with the throttle.
On a literbike it makes sense all day long.

Personally I do not really see a need for it on a Daytona 675, or a STR especially at $2,xxx. Add another 15-20rwhp, drop 50lbs and sure I could see a use for it (racebike). ride on worn or crappy tires again yes.
If you said you rode in the rain and all kinds of less than ideal conditions, again Yes.
Does it provide a cushion of safety? without a doubt.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
post #3 of 9 Old 01-14-15, 18:06 Thread Starter
Pizzadude2010
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Thanks for the reply JD
I do ride in the rain on occasion but really only if I get caught in it. I don't go out in it on purpose.
Also I've done a few track days on a damp track either if it rains early and then starts to dry or an afternoon shower and then going out after so that is really the extent of my wet riding.

As far as tires being crappy I am pretty good about changing them when they need it.

Also I was wondering along that same lines of it not being a liter bike if I really need it.

End of day the extra security is nice peace of mind if it could save me from a spill on the track.....
But again...for 2k plus?? Thats what I'm struggling with.
Looked at Bazzaz but haven't read a whole lot of good reviews on that one.

post #4 of 9 Old 01-14-15, 18:15
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzadude2010 View Post
But again...for 2k plus?? Thats what I'm struggling with.
Looked at Bazzaz but haven't read a whole lot of good reviews on that one.
I had this on my one D675, and the thing with it is that it has to be programmed and dialed in for each gear and specific Rpm.
It can be a good tool for the track i am sure if you spend the time to tune it for that specific track.
There is no simple plug it in and go, and expect it to work like an Aprilia or Ducati, Beemer etc etc.
With the remote adjuster you can make it so it comes on easy enough, and it is pretty smooth in its function. The only time I could manage to really get it kicking on was in the wet, very cold mornings & when the tires hit gravel/sand.
If you had a 06-08 daytona without a QS I could see using it. Even with the dual map mode it is limited as there is no way to adjust the ignition mapping, which a race or pump gas map would have changes between them.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
post #5 of 9 Old 01-14-15, 18:24
ssbfgc

I personally don't think it's worth the cost, but then again I've seen people on here spend crazy amounts of $$$ on other things so...

As JD said, the Daytona isn't really putting down enough power to warrant the additional cost. Furthermore, it's not really a sought after part so resale will be tough.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-14-15, 19:49
twistyrider

I am also in agreence. I think I've only had the back step out once on me in the try and the few times in wet/damp/cold/drity conditions, it was never anything really wild. Like. JD said if you're dropping a lot of weight, adding a lot of power, and racing or know you're going to be in heavy rain and pushing a good pace, then I'd say yes it's worth it. Unless you're dead set on being the fastest trackday guy, winning a racing championship, or plan on doing some isle of Mann shiz... Your right had should be pretty much all the TC you should need.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-15-15, 02:58
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
Not worth it on a 600 unless you have a World Supersport build pushing 140hp and the bike weighs less then 350lbs with fuel. Not to say I haven't gotten a it to spin up coming out of a corner but it's very rare on worn tires on a hot day hitting some dirt or bad patch of pavement all in combination and even at that is controllable.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-15-15, 10:16 Thread Starter
Pizzadude2010
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
It makes sense what you are saying.
The fact that is not a sought after item and thus would be hard to resell if I ever sold the bike is a good point also.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-24-19, 15:07
[email protected]

I went 400 ft down the asphalt because I couldn't stop fast enough...so I would just because things happen. For peace of mind...I dont need to prove anything, anymore...).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement