For the US military members on this forum and anyone interested in Fed budget cuts - Triumph675.Net Forums
The Pit Non work-safe, politics, religion. Read at your own risk

post #1 of 31 Old 12-17-13, 00:33 Thread Starter
hawk_racer_116

For the US military members on this forum and anyone interested in Fed budget cuts

Dodging bullets and missiles, carrying more flag-draped caskets than I ever should have, missing more holidays than a normal person should, working through multiple rounds of marriage counseling, and finally studying my butt off to make E7 and begin making a real difference awards and to begin focusing on how to make the next 5 years the best of my career and get the young ones on the right track for success, I get hit with the double-whammy: Government taking money which we signed up for along with a forced culling in the USAF.

This is gonna be hard for the next few years.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/12/news...get/index.html
http://www.airforcetimes.com/article...ming-next-year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 12-17-13, 14:03
carnage.inc

Sounds bad if they don't get a budget passed. I held my sergeant for four years before being medically border and the newer soldiers coming in were hell to keep in control and out of trouble.

oh squiggly line how I doth love how you make my tripple howl
post #3 of 31 Old 12-17-13, 14:33
Hokie

That's messed up. I can see changing it so that people who join after a certain date get the 1% less, but it was part of the deal when you signed up, they should honor it.
post #4 of 31 Old 12-17-13, 14:34
[email protected]

It's starting to look more like I got myself into a dead-end job what with no marketable skills provided by my job, guess it really is high time I start schooling at least we still get TA

08 triumph Daytona 675
post #5 of 31 Old 12-17-13, 16:47 Thread Starter
hawk_racer_116
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Yeah, just ranting and blowing off some steam here.

As for not having marketable skills, depends on your job. I recall one guy got out after 4 years, E4, and a forklift driver. No higher education, and got picked up for a regional magazine as a writer just because he wrote on his resume the Leadership School writing training.
I'd recommend looking at LinkedIn.com to start seeing what jobs are out there and what the companies are looking for in the potential candidate.
post #6 of 31 Old 12-17-13, 18:39
jdgun_13

Sorry to hear, and good luck on your studies & testing.
Funny how things changed, when I was a PVT everyone E4 and lower was scared shitless to talk to SFC/E7's and Above...

It is almost ridiculous how lower Enlisted Members chat with the SGM, 1SG's and field grade officers like they all hang out after work..
You have a hard fight on your hands with making a change at only E7.. Been there done that, got out.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
post #7 of 31 Old 12-17-13, 21:46
thunderrun53

Garage
I'm at 10 years and E-7 right now. I know for a fact that I have zero real world skills to transfer to corporate America.

Join the Artillery Forward Observers they said, you'll be like Rambo they said, Kill Bin Laden they said...

No one told me that you will be the first one on the chopping block when all the wars come to an end.

I should have joined the Air Force.

CMRA #184
FMD Racing
300SS Endurace #18

A proud member of the Race for the Wounded team
post #8 of 31 Old 12-17-13, 22:31
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderrun53 View Post
I'm at 10 years and E-7 right now. I know for a fact that I have zero real world skills to transfer to corporate America.

Join the Artillery Forward Observers they said, you'll be like Rambo they said, Kill Bin Laden they said...

No one told me that you will be the first one on the chopping block when all the wars come to an end.

I should have joined the Air Force.
The ultimate great if we need you MOS's... Fast promotions and then you level off and sit for a very long time at the same rank, hoping to not be told to reclass or get out. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
post #9 of 31 Old 12-17-13, 23:05
thunderrun53

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
The ultimate great if we need you MOS's... Fast promotions and then you level off and sit for a very long time at the same rank, hoping to not be told to reclass or get out. Sorry to hear about your situation.
Oh this is my fault alone. They got me with the recruiting video when they showed explosions. Lots of explosions.

Eh.

CMRA #184
FMD Racing
300SS Endurace #18

A proud member of the Race for the Wounded team
post #10 of 31 Old 12-18-13, 12:12 Thread Starter
hawk_racer_116
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderrun53 View Post
Oh this is my fault alone. They got me with the recruiting video when they showed explosions. Lots of explosions.

Eh.
I know that feeling! I interviewed to reclass into ETAC, Enlisted Terminal Atack Controller; but got denied due to Kosovo's stop-loss action.
Id say work on the strength of being able to find and hit the target in time-compressed environment. Like marketing, advertising, etc.

And consider applying to one of the private security companies to US Secret Service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement