**BREAKING NEWS!!** New Daytona! - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #31 of 65 Old 08-23-19, 18:00
Zaph

Weird, in that post, there is no red stripe. The pics from my post came from here, and there is a red stripe. I guess I favor the one without the red. Though I'm not really thrilled about any of this. It's really the same old bike.

I don't think I'd favor titanium valves. They don't last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike278 View Post
https://www.visordown.com/news/new-b...british-motogp

"The Moto2 engine development programme means the model comes with the following:

Titanium inlet valves
Stronger pistons
MotoGP-spec DLC coated gudgeon pins
New cam profiles
New intake trumpets
Increased compression ratio.

The exhaust system uses a Moto2-inspires Arrow titanium race can which has been tuned to deliver a raw racing sound that will ring out over Silverstone this weekend. "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 65 Old 08-23-19, 19:00
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike278 View Post
While I'm unable to be objective about it , the bike will be, from what I was told, priced comparable to the other Triumph Factory Custom offerings. It's a limited edition bike with moto2 inspired details and not the same as them just slapping a 765 motor into a Daytona frame and calling it a day. That being said, the bike is marketed towards a smaller audience and priced as such. I doubt if they do a true Daytona 765 RS in 2021 that it will have these specs, but that's just speculation. Eitherway, I'm excited about it

Being in that smaller audience, i find the bike to be lacking to be considered a special edition, especially compared to the other R3 & Thruxton that triumph did.
if what the gentleman from Triumph said in the video i seen earlier today, there will not be another 765 Daytona. this might be enough to make me still commit to buying it, depending on reviews... As this bike sits right now, pretty sure my f3 800 will spank it, even with plastic bodywork. But damn that triumph dash is sexy!

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
post #33 of 65 Old 08-24-19, 02:46 Thread Starter
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod
Threadstarter Threadstarter

You gotta be kidding me? That much engine "enhancement" and it is nearly the same specs as my 2014.

128hp/59tq? My 2014 came with 128hp/55tq

Full specs: https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...tion-unveiled/

Last edited by Shamrock; 08-24-19 at 02:55.

post #34 of 65 Old 08-24-19, 04:09
jubei4769

Have to say Iím not impressed at all. Itís like a 3rd gen 675r with new fairings and a few small changes. I donít even like 3rd gen 675ís

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jubei4769 For This Useful Post:
jdgun_13 (08-24-19)
post #35 of 65 Old 08-24-19, 05:26
Fredrik Alkdal

Garage
I have one on order just because the deposit required wasn't very large, waiting to see what pricing they set. I do wish they'd done some new LED lights and restyled it, but it still looks pretty choice. Ever since I sold my '13 675R I've wished for it back at every track day (not in my daily riding though), so unless they price it unreasonably I think this will be a long term keeper for track duty.

As for the power I thought I heard them say the full Moto2 bikes only make 138, so at 128 that seems a reasonable drop for the reliability and maintenance concessions. I wonder if the quoted 128 is at the wheel, because agree the earlier 675Rs weren't far off these numbers.
post #36 of 65 Old 08-24-19, 06:33 Thread Starter
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Moto2 bike: 138 WHEEL hp
765LE: 128 CRANK hp (or around 112-115hp) (my 2014 675R is 128 crank hp)
post #37 of 65 Old 08-24-19, 07:53
Hooligaz675

Garage
Disappointing! This one doesn't even come close to be considered as a Limited Edition. CF fairings, stylema calipers and ST RS dashboard are not enough for an LE IMO. I wonder what were they thinking.

I bet the Triumph rep in the video says there will be no more Daytona 765s 'cause they're afraid disappointed people are going to start pulling their deposits.

- Do Not OpenóNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)
post #38 of 65 Old 08-24-19, 10:08
Zaph

I wonder how many people will be requesting refunds.

I was close up comparing images and it appears to be a 90% parts bin bike.

Outright differences I see off the bat:
Rear subframe
Upper side fairing with no eyelashes
Single seat / no passenger pegs / integrated cowl
New dash
That's pretty much it, few small things here and there.

Lots of cost saving parts bin parts everywhere.
Same headlights
Same gas tank
Same trim panels
Same basic fairing shape
Same windshield
Same turn signals
Even the same crappy mirrors that wobble after you move them a few times

I wouldn't call this a limited edition - I would call it one last chance to buy a new Daytona before they shitcan the line. It's not going to be coming back, as evidenced by the fact that they have put zero effort into this bike.
post #39 of 65 Old 08-24-19, 12:31
ramnakhle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Moto2 bike: 138 WHEEL hp
765LE: 128 CRANK hp (or around 112-115hp) (my 2014 675R is 128 crank hp)

Thank you!

Itís such a disappointment to be honest.
Current 675s with a few proper mods and a good tune get into the 120 RWHP. Wheel HP.
They make 126-128 hp at the crank in stock form. I donít get how an extra 100cc made no power gains in stock form. It makes me sad also that an MV Agusta F8 300 makes 148 hp at the crank, and had all the electronics you could think of in standard trim. And this was years ago.

As other people mentioned, why is this a limited edition Daytona?
I can get carbon fiber bits and the paint job would be easy to replicate. That is if I even like it, which I donít.
I will take my modded tona over this one any day. I will keep my extra 2000 RPM.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #40 of 65 Old 08-24-19, 12:45
jb.junior

Not impressed. Echoing much of the commentary on here, this seems to be little new development from the 13+ gen 675. I do like the new dash and the idea that there are increased electronics (presumably, both of these are from the Street/Speed Triple), but everything else, other than a larger (albeit not more powerful ?!) displacement, seems effectively the same to me. I agree with another poster on here that this is likely a signal that Triumph has not put any new R&D in to a new 765, so this is likely the last time they'll make it. I mean, if there is a newly designed 765 to come in 2021, that would be pretty shtty to the people who bought this LE if they paid a premium for something that isn't as cool as what is to come for mass market. I don't think Triumph would be that mean spirited (or stupid) to screw its base like that. Even $17K is nuts to me.

I'm looking for a new track bike to get used to get back in to racing in the next year or two. I was hoping this would be it. It will not. Similar to other posters, I may go with an F3 800; or even a Panagale 959. I'm sick of supersport, am not in to 1000s but want to try something new. Maybe I'll just go mini (250) class...

- JB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement