Matching gear to the bike, do you do it? - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #11 of 35 Old 06-06-16, 22:20
Farmer

Didn't mean to match it. Already had the white Spidi gloves before the bike. Got the suit after the bike, but it was a great deal from a friend so I would have taken it no matter the color. http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...psonidxuap.jpg
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...pscgdhl62w.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 Old 06-07-16, 17:40
Bmore

Garage
rode a kawasaki wearing a yamaha jacket while working at ducati. i've never owned a yamaha

how to mount your fairings while high (very slowly with errors)https://youtu.be/OQbHxDPLkPM
post #13 of 35 Old 06-08-16, 10:53
jason68278

I had a black bike, army green textile jacket, lime green gloves, and a red helmet. Just happened that way. But I don't see an issue buying it to match if given the choice. I do think its lame if you pass just because of its color alone.
I'm more a function over form kind of guy.

post #14 of 35 Old 06-08-16, 12:22
Zaph

I like to match the rash on my leathers to the rash on my race fairings. :D

But when it's time to buy new leathers, I do match the colors to my bike, because why not. You get to pick.

Also RST is based in England so that is extra cool.

So I picked the red/white/black RST leathers to match my 675R. I had to buy new because my old mostly black AGVsport suit was cut off me by paramedics. But then when it came time to paint my Ninja 300 Utralight, I picked the same colors as my leathers. It was just a $15 rattlecan job anyway.
post #15 of 35 Old 06-20-16, 00:45 Thread Starter
cvrle1
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMeets View Post
It sounds like you may have some stiff competition, so we'll have to wait and see.

A friend of mine who sold his D675 few months ago offered to give me his old Triumph leather jacket if I wanted it (since he doesnt use it any more, he has Aprillia now and bough matching gear lol) Not sure what model it is, and details. I just hope it has 360 zipper so that I can use it with my leather pants. I saw that some dont have this option, so we shall see how that works out.

I do need some new gear, as my 2 piece leathers are now having some issues, so hoping to stumble on some good deals here or on CL or fleeBay
post #16 of 35 Old 06-20-16, 13:29
MotoMeets

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvrle1 View Post
I do need some new gear, as my 2 piece leathers are now having some issues, so hoping to stumble on some good deals here or on CL or fleeBay
Good luck man!

I have a two piece, black a-stars suit I wore for 5 seasons, still in great condition. I wanted the suit shown in the picture ever since I bought the bike, and it got discontinued last year, so I got it for $1000, down from $1600. Boots through RidersDiscount for $300 instead of $450, and the gloves (not shown in pic) for $270 instead of $300.

Find Your Ride - https://www.motomeets.com/
post #17 of 35 Old 07-08-16, 09:17
Ffemt

I just like the blacked out look for my leathers. Logos are hit with black leather acrylic dye. And, in partial to anything Dainese since it fits my body very well and it had protected me in a past accident on the freeway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #18 of 35 Old 08-01-16, 20:24
morbo1978

Garage
Nope... had Joe Rocket when I first got into riding and realized there textile gear was crap. Saved and got some Dainese and been a Dainese guy ever since. On my 4th bike now, 1 Kawi, 2 Honda's, and the Triumph. Could not care less to match gear to the bike.
post #19 of 35 Old 10-08-16, 23:43
wiplash

Black is the only color when it comes to riding gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #20 of 35 Old 10-11-16, 21:23
cmorgan92

Garage
I match the colors to the bike. I've got a satin black painted street triple, I have a Rubatone ICON Alliance GT and black Dianese jacket/gloves. No shame in color coordination!

2009 Street Triple 675
NW Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement