Maybe the Street Triple 800 isnt going to be a good thing...thoughts? - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #31 of 83 Old 08-06-15, 13:02
Neanderthal

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthorcrow View Post
...Triumph needs to do something because the FZ-09 is stealing it's thunder..
Unless Yamaha vastly upgrades some of the componentry on the FZ-09, Triumph will never be able to compete with the Yammie's low price tag. In the USA the dollar is king, most folks will go with the cheaper option, especially after you factor in how prevalent Yamaha dealerships are compared to Triumph dealerships.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 83 Old 08-06-15, 13:38
Glocken

For the potential price of what a 800 costs, I'd look into force induction as it would probably be cheaper and make a lot more power and torque.

Cool factor x10

Elka 3 way shock|Penske fork valves|Leo full titanium & CF|Hyperpro steering damper|GB frame slider & engine casings|Cyclecat clipons|Pazzos|ZG|Proton|CF tank sliders|Dave Moss Techspecs|Evo Tech Sharkfin|Sato Shift Spindle holder
post #33 of 83 Old 08-06-15, 13:51
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocken View Post
For the potential price of what a 800 costs, I'd look into force induction as it would probably be cheaper and make a lot more power and torque.

Cool factor x10
I was about to say it wouldn't be as reliable, but then I remembered @NAK3D 's 225HP turbo ST3 still going strong after a few years at those levels. However, his setup is definitely not cheaper.

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
Trinity's Build Thread

post #34 of 83 Old 08-06-15, 13:53
Glocken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastybutler View Post
I was about to say it wouldn't be as reliable, but then I remembered @NAK3D 's 225HP turbo ST3 still going strong after a few years at those levels. However, his setup is definitely not cheaper.

Idk, the 800 will more than likely be a 14k bike.

A used Daytona/street for 5 grand, another 5 grand for a solid turbo setup and you'd have a lot more powerful bike.

Elka 3 way shock|Penske fork valves|Leo full titanium & CF|Hyperpro steering damper|GB frame slider & engine casings|Cyclecat clipons|Pazzos|ZG|Proton|CF tank sliders|Dave Moss Techspecs|Evo Tech Sharkfin|Sato Shift Spindle holder
post #35 of 83 Old 02-09-16, 18:12
NAK3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocken View Post
Idk, the 800 will more than likely be a 14k bike.

A used Daytona/street for 5 grand, another 5 grand for a solid turbo setup and you'd have a lot more powerful bike.
$5,000.00 for a 'solid' turbo setup? ....... not sure how 'solid' it would be. Although if you are very handy and knowledgeable with good contacts, I guess it may work?

If you decide to turbocharge it, just make sure you don't cut any corners or cheap out anywhere. Even little things like Fuel Pressure Regs etc that you think you can save money on - don't do it. Get the best hardware for the job, something that will last longer than the bike itself.

Build it to last, it will be cheaper in the long run.

All the best with your decision and build :)

2007 Triumph Street Triple TURBO
2007 Honda CBR1000RR
2011 Suzuki DRZ400E (Motard)
2003 Honda CBR600RR (Track Only)
post #36 of 83 Old 02-10-16, 18:40 Thread Starter
b_palmer22
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
Unless Yamaha vastly upgrades some of the componentry on the FZ-09, Triumph will never be able to compete with the Yammie's low price tag. In the USA the dollar is king, most folks will go with the cheaper option, especially after you factor in how prevalent Yamaha dealerships are compared to Triumph dealerships.
I'm a huge proponent of throwing daytona cams on a street triple. Completely transformed my 12 STR. On the dyno it made 115HP and it was almost 95 degrees with 98% humidity. It will eat 600's and Fz09's for lunch @ the track.

13 D675R Track Bike
12 Street Triple R
Mods:
13+ Rad shrouds, blades, and sliders,Woodcraft engine covers, Quick shifter,Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator w/ ebay integrated tail light,BMC filter, Ohlins TTX from 675R, TRMN8TR modded header, Custom Competition Werkes can, Daytona Cams, Tuned with Tune ECU, 1050 throttle tube
11 Husaberg FS570
post #37 of 83 Old 02-10-16, 21:46
Neanderthal

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_palmer22 View Post
I'm a huge proponent of throwing daytona cams on a street triple. Completely transformed my 12 STR. On the dyno it made 115HP and it was almost 95 degrees with 98% humidity. It will eat 600's and Fz09's for lunch @ the track.
That's a nice mod, but what does it have to do with my quotation? lol

Last edited by Neanderthal; 02-10-16 at 21:52.
post #38 of 83 Old 02-11-16, 16:47
MattLodi

I've got the bad feeling that Triumph will dump the Daytona when the 800cc Street will be on the market.
post #39 of 83 Old 02-11-16, 17:06
D675R newby

Garage
I would be shocked if they dump the daytona. It is their only "sport" bike. I think it would be horrible for them. I personally never even considered a triumph till walking past a daytona on the showroom. Now i want to buy a st3 for street, but again without the daytona i would not have been a buyer.

If it doesn't fit force it, if it breaks it needs replaced anyway.
post #40 of 83 Old 02-14-16, 13:21
sstevens

My thoughts are that bike engines might need to increase in cc to keep the same power output. Euro4 regulations have already done that with a few European bikes. The Ducati "small superbike" is up to a 959 now from 899cc. That's near enough a 1000cc. Yamaha, BMW and MV are all producing 800's. The 675 is a cracking engine, but new bikes will be strangled by the euro4 regs. The only other way to go is down, lots of sub 400cc bikes nowadays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement