My 2007 Daytona 675 Build Thread - Kineo Spoke Wheels, Comp Werkes Exhaust & More... - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 13 Old 09-05-19, 10:53 Thread Starter
Hogster

Garage
My 2007 Daytona 675 Build Thread - Kineo Spoke Wheels, Comp Werkes Exhaust & More...

I thought I would get up some details of my 07 Daytona 675 and some updates from when I bought it until now after a year of ownership.

I had wanted a Daytona 675 for many years after seeing them when they were first released, I had a red one as my screensaver many moons ago and said that one day I would get a hold of one. When this fine example popped up I knew I had to have it as they are a pretty rare bike in my part of the world.

I will try capture as many updates as I can and mods I have done. I have put many hours of time both in research and hands on to get the bike how it is at the minute and although I have done lots to it, there are still plenty of small finishing touches to be done.

2007 Triumph Daytona 675 - Gen1 in the fastest color Tornado Red ;).
The bike had almost 3000km on it when it was bought a year ago, which was extremely low for almost an 11 year old bike and the condition reflected that, almost new. It had barely any use and must have sat in a shed most of its life. The bike was pretty much standard except for a Two brothers exhaust and tail tidy and was just the way I wanted it, clean original un-abused example and a blank canvas to start modding, little did I know how addictive this would become and how much of a money pit

This forum, along with a few others, google and youtube have helped with a lot of my research into parts I wanted, what would work and look good and what wouldnt. I have fabbed a few bits and experimented with parts, some worked some havent and the way the bike looks and will in the end is due to some trial and error all costing me money, you win some you loose some but all part of the game.

List at the minute of parts that I can think of that is ever building:

- Competition Werkes Twin exhaust.
- Metzeller M7RR tyres
- Kineo tubeless spoke wheels (gloss black/silver/red)
- Decat/Exup deleted header.
- Helibars.
- Zero Gravity Sports Touring screen
- 1050 Throttle mod.
- 09-12 modified grill.
- Rear Triumph OEM cowl.
- Arrow Triumph rearsets with optional extra arrow flip up foot pegs along with pro-bolt black bolts (not cheap).
- 13-16 Daytona 675 KYB shock & red spring.
- Triumph front & rear black anodized brake reservoirs.
- Motodynamic black rear LED light with integrated indicators.
- Motogadget M Blaze Pin rear indicators wired upto Motodynamic tail light.
- Rear passenger peg sub frame delete (Halfords black buttoms).
- Watsen design Tornado red front flush indicators (His last set produced for the 675).
- Zero gravity sports touring dark tint screen - currently on route from the USA.
- Triumph OEM adjustable front levers in anodized black.
- Custom rear plate holder using black power coated harware store L brackets with led plate lights.
- SW Motech Micro Tank bag and quick release holder.
- I have OEM Trumph panniers and Ventura rack system, both unused but will eventually for a trip.
- Triumph OEM alarm and other security

Parts I am on the lookout for:
- Cheap gel seat until I get funds for a saddlemen.
- SP connects stem phone kit - https://sp-connect.eu/collections/bu...15327245598829
- Performance air filter along with new plugs.
- Brembo M50/GP4
- Replace brake pads.
- Fork seals as think one side maybe weeping.
- Heated grips and re-grip as I find my hand cramps https://www.amazon.com/Re-Grip-PN44-.../dp/B006LRUGDM

Over the last year I have probably done about 3500km or so an loved every minute of it and my direction of upgrades has changed as I have used it more. I love using OEM upgrade parts which Triumph makes a lot and have great instructions online and are high quality.
I dont just put any crap on my bike and anything that has gone on needs to be 100% as I am a bit OCD with it and no butchering allowed.
A few pics from start to now and will get updated pics at the weekend of how it sits now.

Some pics of the bike purchased from the shop:

After a few mods and with the ZG DB screen, seat cowl, rear tail & indicator upgrades:

Fitting rear indicators and tail:

Stripped to do a service, take off exhaust, polish and reinstall decat:

Helibars and standard comparison:

Custom Screen that I took off and hated:

after a wash and Oem screen back on, Arrow rearsets and decat mani and watsenís :

Kineo tubeless wheels:

Competition werkes exhaust:

A couple of screens I have tried and tested - zero gravity being the best and the sports touring one takes overall place:

Zero gravity sports touring screen installed:

New metzeller M7RR tyres installed:

Test fitting wheels and exhaust:

Few pics of the kineo wheels and exhaust on:

Comments welcome

Last edited by Hogster; 09-05-19 at 11:06.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-05-19, 14:15
ramnakhle

Garage
Was looking through the pics
Everything was going great but you have me at a loss with the spoke wheels. To be honest I donít see why you would put these on a supersport, And a beautiful Daytona at that! Looks like Bigfoot now. I would never even think of doing something like that. But thatís just my opinion.
Congrats on the bike looks awesome otherwise :) good luck on whatís left of the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 13 Old 09-05-19, 15:58 Thread Starter
Hogster
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnakhle View Post
Was looking through the pics
Everything was going great but you have me at a loss with the spoke wheels. To be honest I don’t see why you would put these on a supersport, And a beautiful Daytona at that! Looks like Bigfoot now. I would never even think of doing something like that. But that’s just my opinion.
Congrats on the bike looks awesome otherwise :) good luck on what’s left of the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know these womt be everyones cup of tea but i think it really stands out and when seen in person, trust me the look amazing. Few biker friends werent sure but when they seen them they all thought they looked stunning and the bike turns heads now.

These are not your typical spoked wheels, they are tubeless and can run any tyres. Made for oem MV Augustas too and seen them on a ducati and thats where i got the idea from. They are also lighter than oem and stronger.
https://www.bikehps.com/kineo/

Will get better pictures up in direct daylight the weekend.

Thanks for the kind words.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	068B21DA-4894-4540-949A-47CD78F21F37.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	250699   Click image for larger version

Name:	10E0685B-ED52-4756-80DB-978643B82B79.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	250701  

Last edited by Hogster; 09-05-19 at 17:42.

post #4 of 13 Old 09-05-19, 16:08
beau

Garage
I don’t mind the wheels. Definitely unique. I really like all the other mods you have done!
post #5 of 13 Old 09-06-19, 00:40
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
Lighter? Iíd have to see them scaled back to back to believe that. Steel spokes have traditionally been heavier then even cheap cast aluminum wheels.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-06-19, 05:44 Thread Starter
Hogster
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
The rim is made from CNC billet 7000 series aluminium, spokes are made from high resistance stainless steel and has TUV homologation.

Quoted from Kineo website:
''The rims are perfect for tubeless tyres: the new fine technology considers the spokes being fixed to the rim thanks to nipples parallel to the wheel axle, without any hole. In addition to this, Kineo wheels drastically decrease the weight of unsprung masses and consequently reduce the wheels moment of inertia. That makes the bike intuitive, agile and accurate on entering curves''.

I cant remember the exact weights when I weighed them but another person measured theres from this forum Post no 36 https://www.ninetowners.com/threads/...s.64874/page-2 and here are the weight savings:

Stock wheels weights are:
Front (no discs) :6.1kg
Rear: 6.6kg

Kineos weights are:
Front (no discs) :4.8kg
Rear: 4.4kg

Overall I am delighted with them and how they look and the bike does feel very different a lot smoother and turns easier, how much is down to the new tyres is hard to say also.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-07-19, 00:58
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
Those are some weird numbers. Unless Triumph decided to add weight to the wheels thatís significantly heavier than the wheels from 09 and the rear wheel actually got lighter again in 2012 with the new design. The 09 wheels weighed 8.25lbs/3.74kg for the front and 10lbs/4.54kg for the rear.

I just realized your quoting weights for the BMW wheels. Triumph has the lightest OEM cast wheels of nearly any brand. Even forged magnesium wheels are only a couple pounds lighter for the set. You have to get carbon wheels to get significantly lighter.

Regardless those are very cool wheels. I saw a Triumph Street Triple with them before. Someone made a flat tracker out if it and out those wheels on it. Iíll see if I can find a photo.

Last edited by MacBandit; 09-07-19 at 01:09.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-07-19, 01:13
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
post #9 of 13 Old 09-09-19, 12:47
Austin Pully

I....Like... the wheels... I have NOT seen something like that and I like the look. VERY different for sure!
post #10 of 13 Old 09-09-19, 17:53
Awyman18

Hey curious where/how difficult was to modify the grill? I have an 08 and love the grill on the 09 lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement