675 wont start - fuel issue or spark - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 11-15-19, 07:17 Thread Starter
DerClown

675 wont start - fuel issue or spark

Hi guys,

I hope you have the patience and time to help a novice brother out...

So I changed the bottom plate of the fuel pump, re-placed the black connector (yes you guessed right I dropped my tank).
I have also changed spark plugs and filter (reason I dropped the tank).

Now the bike wont start. Newly charged battery, jacked it for about 20-30 times and does not start.
The pump runs, and when turning the key and looking in the tank I can see bubbles around the pump.
There is around 1L of gas in the tank, but it should be enough since the bottom is completly covered.

1: What if the connector cabels are the wrong way, can the pump run the wrong way? or is it +/-? (black - black/green wires).
Sucking instead of umping...

2: can it just be the fuel connector is not perfectly connected? I pushed it in until I heard the click.

Is there an easy way to check if the pump is pumping gas, can I just remove the connector? I have the old white connector from the old bottom plate of the pump, if I can connect that and to a hose it should pump gas, correct?

If it's not fuel related, I guess I have missed something when changing the plugs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-15-19, 09:42
Renboy

Garage
If the bike ran fine before you changed the pump and plugs, and that's all you changed, then my guess is the hose from the pump is pinched.

The sooner you introduce motorcycles into your children's lives, the less likely they'll have money for drugs, alcohol and cigarettes as teenagers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement