Power Commander V for 09-12 Daytona - Triumph675.Net Forums
Parts Sell, trade or give away your parts here. FS, WTT, FF all welcome.

post #1 of 11 Old 08-12-19, 11:40 Thread Starter
MacaveliMC

Power Commander V for 09-12 Daytona

I have a Power Commander V for sale, used for a few years, works great. Has a tune loaded for a bike with a full Akra exhaust + the TOR tune on the stock ECU. You can use it with that or have someone dyno your bike and create a new custom map.

Price brand new from PC: $400.

My price: $250, shipped.

I'm not driving fast - I'm flying low

"I actually just have my throttle cable pulled so its
wide open even when i start the bike. balls to the
wall is how i live, screw stoplights and slow people."
- TwoWheeledWonder

Last edited by MacaveliMC; 09-10-19 at 15:45.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-12-19, 12:52
Plasmablaster

Garage
Does it provide engine brake adjustment?
post #3 of 11 Old 08-12-19, 12:55 Thread Starter
MacaveliMC
Threadstarter Threadstarter

No it's just fuel mapping. The 06-12 Daytona doesn't really even have engine braking management unless you are talking about the faux slipper clutch action of the stepper idle motor, and as far as I've seen even that isn't adjustable within the stock ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmablaster View Post
Does it provide engine brake adjustment?

- TwoWheeledWonder

post #4 of 11 Old 08-12-19, 18:47
Plasmablaster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaveliMC View Post
unless you are talking about the faux slipper clutch action of the stepper idle motor

It's the first time 'm hearing of this. Could you please elaborate a bit? Any links or further info is dearly sought after.

I'm asking because if I am understanding it right, it agrees with my experience. Sometimes I close the throttle and engine brake is nice and smooth. Sometimes however, the precise moment of closing it, the bike jolts me forward and then, a quarter of a second later it reverts to normal "smooth" engine braking.

Should I suppose that in the first case the stepper motor is already "up" when I close the throttle whereas in the second for some reason it is "down" and when I close the throttle it immediately raises its arm so as to reduce the braking?
post #5 of 11 Old 08-13-19, 09:39 Thread Starter
MacaveliMC

I don't know exactly how it decides to engage and how much, and after reading a bit more it seems maybe there are some editable maps on the ECU called deceleration maps - I haven't actually looked and checked for them on TuneECU. But basically the concept is when the engine management system sees high RPM, and probably clutch out + throttle at zero, it uses the stepper motor to open the throttle a bit, let in more airflow to the engine, and thus reduce engine braking. It's a neat trick, but I don't know if it's a huge effect. I recently removed my stepper motor and installed a manual idler instead. I slam down through gears pretty quick on track, and despite being a little more careful just in case, I haven't had any issues with my rear tire slipping around on me yet. Maybe I'd have more issues if I didn't run tire warmers, who knows.

You can read briefly about it in this article near the bottom: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...75-review.html

It's also talked about more in this thread: https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmablaster View Post
It's the first time 'm hearing of this. Could you please elaborate a bit? Any links or further info is dearly sought after.

I'm asking because if I am understanding it right, it agrees with my experience. Sometimes I close the throttle and engine brake is nice and smooth. Sometimes however, the precise moment of closing it, the bike jolts me forward and then, a quarter of a second later it reverts to normal "smooth" engine braking.

Should I suppose that in the first case the stepper motor is already "up" when I close the throttle whereas in the second for some reason it is "down" and when I close the throttle it immediately raises its arm so as to reduce the braking?

- TwoWheeledWonder
The Following User Says Thank You to MacaveliMC For This Useful Post:
Plasmablaster (08-13-19)
post #6 of 11 Old 08-13-19, 15:02
Plasmablaster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaveliMC View Post
I don't know exactly how it decides to engage and how much, and after reading a bit more it seems maybe there are some editable maps on the ECU called deceleration maps - I haven't actually looked and checked for them on TuneECU. But basically the concept is when the engine management system sees high RPM, and probably clutch out + throttle at zero, it uses the stepper motor to open the throttle a bit, let in more airflow to the engine, and thus reduce engine braking. It's a neat trick, but I don't know if it's a huge effect. I recently removed my stepper motor and installed a manual idler instead. I slam down through gears pretty quick on track, and despite being a little more careful just in case, I haven't had any issues with my rear tire slipping around on me yet. Maybe I'd have more issues if I didn't run tire warmers, who knows.

You can read briefly about it in this article near the bottom: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...75-review.html

It's also talked about more in this thread: https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53001

Thanks a big lot. This deceleration map is not editable in TuneECU - I have been using it to map the bike and I've never seen anything like that, anywhere in the software. (If anybody knows that it is somehow accessible, please chime in). I've just sent an e-mail to the TuneBoy guy, maybe that software allows editing of that table.
post #7 of 11 Old 08-14-19, 10:40
AYoDread

This is a good deal! If you buy this get the ignition module with it as well and map switch.

"I don't know who you noobs are. I don't know what you noobs want. If you are looking for attention, I can tell you I don't have a long span. But, what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very large amount of posts. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you drop this now, that'll be the end of it. I will not Google you, I will not photochop you. But if you don't, I will search the webnets for you, I will find you, and I will pwn you."
post #8 of 11 Old 08-26-19, 11:44 Thread Starter
MacaveliMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYoDread View Post
This is a good deal! If you buy this get the ignition module with it as well and map switch.
Thanks, still for sale!

- TwoWheeledWonder
post #9 of 11 Old 09-10-19, 15:46 Thread Starter
MacaveliMC

New price: $250 shipped.