MJS headers - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 5 Old 05-28-20, 23:30 Thread Starter
TheRedSlayer43
Race Team Sponsor

MJS headers

Any one heard of, or have any information about this company?

https://www.shop.mjsperformance.com/...?productId=196

Seeing as she's almost legal drinking age in some states and my unwillingness to give her up, I'm looking at ways to get the things I should have done years ago
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headers.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	252731  

2019 Road King ~ "Lucille"
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 ~ "Natalie"
2013 Kawasaki ~ "KeeWee" wife's ride
2016 Yamaha R6 ~ Gone
2003 Honda CBR F4i ~ Gone
2005 Kawasaki Ninja ~ Gone
Life is short, live it while you still can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-29-20, 09:40
cdenley

Garage
I've never purchased anything from them, but I was discussing my options with them when I had issues with my Arrow "stage 3". He was very friendly and helpful, and even offered to fabricate an adapter to allow me to mix/match header/muffler. But I ended up just getting the Arrow header repaired. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them though.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #3 of 5 Old 05-31-20, 00:10
Paulo666

Yes there based in Colorado. I've talked with the owner and bought the headers from them for my 2013 Daytona. everything fitted perfectly and a great way to get a full exhaust. So I did their exchange program where I bought the headers from them which they had in stock and when I received it I sent my old headers back to them and you get like 70 bucks back towards your purchase. I'm very happy 👍

post #4 of 5 Old 05-31-20, 01:39
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

I had MJS on my 2009, and it was great. They are legit.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-02-20, 14:06
Kolya1981

Mini-Review of the MJS Header

I actually have this header on my 2009 STR.

The Good: Performance-wise, and sound-wise you can't go wrong. Unlike the Arrow header that is routed for the low MotoGP style muffler, it will bolt right up to the undertail system without any modification. I bought it with the larger O2 bung option, and used the opportunity to add an Autotune to my Power Commander V (also purchased from MJS). You will need an O2 eliminator for the stock sensor and have to block off the Clean Air System if you go the Autotune route...I got both from Smart Moto (links below). Wow, absolute major difference in the way the bike sounds, responds, and pulls...and the bike runs so much smoother after a few rides with the Autotune. I am extremely happy with the results, and would recommend this header with the one little caveat below.

O2 Eliminator: https://smartmoto-electronics.com/co...o_model_id=297
"Clean Air" Eliminator: https://smartmoto-electronics.com/ai...o_model_id=297

The Bad: Cosmetically this header is a bit Russian Roulette. The collector and midpipe are all brand new, but they reuse the stock primaries from past trade-in stock headers. The fabrication work and ceramic coating look great, but those primaries are an x-factor. The one I received had clearly been taken off a bike that had been bottomed out (bottom tube was dented/rashed), as well as the right side primary had road rash all down the side. The ceramic coating doesn't hide this at all, and was actually flaked off a bit on the side rash. I attached a few pictures, it looks even worse in person. I contacted them regarding this and sent them pictures, but they basically told me to go walk...I could send it back at my expense if I wanted, they were indefinitely out of stock and could do nothing for me, and implied I was just being too picky. Customer service fail. Unfortunately the options to get to full exhaust on this bike are slim pickings. The performance gains and the ability to bolt this right up to my Arrow undertail exhaust outweighed these negatives for me, so I did a DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap on the header to hide the damage. So cosmetically and customer service-wise YMMV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mjs-001.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	252755   Click image for larger version

Name:	mjs-002.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	252757   Click image for larger version

Name:	mjs-003.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	252759   Click image for larger version

Name:	mjs-004.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	252761   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200517_145434_resized.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	252763  

Last edited by Kolya1981; 06-02-20 at 14:36.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement