URL:s to Tuneboy and PCIII tunes for 675 - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #31 of 276 Old 05-08-08, 01:51 Thread Starter
roffe_s
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCam View Post
OK, I've bought the TuneBoy, got the key to make it work, now, the tune described for a stock standard Street Triple, which looks near as good as the Arrow.....where do I find it, please.
Sorry, Wayne havent published that tune yet. Please send an e-mail to Wayne or Emma and ask for the map and I'm sure they will make it avaliable. It should work with Your ordinary fuel. Please also write a note here when the map is published.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PragB View Post
Thanks for the advice I will go that route, however I need assistance...

"Maybe go for the Arrow map and add a couple of degrees ign advance above 10k?"...
This might be of some help, its a screenshot of some perhaps appropriate modifications in the ign(tp) matrix in the green-marked area:

Hard to read? Send me a PM or mail and I return it with the picture (or the map).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 276 Old 05-17-08, 12:02
Red 675

I'm new to the entire Tuneboy thing and I've read at least 50 pages on this stuff. I want to get a great tune for the Jardine exhaust, I want to get Waynes Tune, then I heard about Undi tune and then the Madas tune? So I'm not sure which one to get, what I would like is smooth even power through out, with out stumbling issues at traffic lights. I also don't want to mess with O2 sensors or anything like that.

The one that look the best thus far was Waynes Jardine 20109_2 can anyone tell me what that dynoed at, cant find that information.

Thanks!

Michael

PS. I'd also prefer to not try tune after tune since I don't have a PC (Mac man here) and my friend (Warped) has to travel 100 miles to help me. Thanks again!

Bling Responsibly

Last edited by Red 675; 11-03-08 at 12:50.
post #33 of 276 Old 05-20-08, 00:08
JACKZ

TuneBoy/EXUP Question

Finally got round to connecting the bike to tuneboy, and noticed on the sensors page that exup position at idle shows 80%.

Pulled exup cover off and checked the actual valve position and it appeared to be at the correct 30% position.
It seems the ECU is using 50% as the fully closed pos. and adding the value to that. Is it possible (or advisable) to reset the fully closed position to 0%?

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT SOUND!

post #34 of 276 Old 05-20-08, 13:23
Timberwolfz28

Send a message via AIM to Timberwolfz28 Send a message via Yahoo to Timberwolfz28
finally broke into the 10s at the dragstrip without tuning the bike (beyond the arrow tune). Now it's time to get serious. I've read through all of this thread, but since noone is running a setup very similar to mine, I'd like to ask if anyone could recommend a good staring point for me.
I know I will still be doing my own tweaks based on what MY bike needs, but if I could get a better ball park to start with, it would make progress a little quicker and less frustrating.
so based on the mods in my sig, what would you recommend as a good starting map?
post #35 of 276 Old 05-20-08, 14:02
captainkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 675 View Post
I'm new to the entire Tuneboy thing and I've read at least 50 pages on this stuff. I want to get a great tune for the Jardine exhaust, I want to get Waynes Tune, then I heard about Undi tune and then the Madas tune? So I'm not sure which one to get, what I would like is smooth even power through out, with out stumbling issues at traffic lights. I also don't want to mess with O2 sensors of anything like that.

The one that look the best thus far was Waynes Jardine 20209_2 can anyone tell me what that dynoed at, cant find that information.

Thanks!

Michael

PS. I'd also prefer to not try tune after tune since I don't have a PC (Mac man here) and my friend (Warped) has to travel 100 miles to help me. Thanks again!

I am with you here, I just got the Jardine and haven't installed it yet. I am just looking for options on the tune myself. Currently I do not have a tuneboy, I was opting to just take it to my dealer and have a TOR map installed but like anything it's hard to get a clear answer on what works well and what doesn't. It always seems that no matter what product you buy someone thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread yet someone else will have nothing but problems. First off I am a street rider, I do not have any desires to race so I want a tune that will be streetable without the little quirks that might come along with a hotter tune.

Captainkidd
post #36 of 276 Old 05-20-08, 14:22
GrimReaper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolfz28 View Post
finally broke into the 10s at the dragstrip without tuning the bike (beyond the arrow tune). Now it's time to get serious. I've read through all of this thread, but since noone is running a setup very similar to mine, I'd like to ask if anyone could recommend a good staring point for me.
I know I will still be doing my own tweaks based on what MY bike needs, but if I could get a better ball park to start with, it would make progress a little quicker and less frustrating.
so based on the mods in my sig, what would you recommend as a good starting map?
im with timber also!
post #37 of 276 Old 05-20-08, 16:36 Thread Starter
roffe_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKZ View Post
...exup position at idle shows 80%...
As You already noticed, the Tunboy sensor screen isnt using % when reporting the EXUP opening, it uses some other scale. The reset for the opening is done every time You turn ignition on as I've learned, and ECU is reporting an error if it fails to fine the start value.

@Red 675 and captainkidd: Most Jardine people seems to be very satisfied with Waynes Jardine-tune. You might want to try one other slip-on map just to compare the result for Yourself. Just supply Warped with enough sixpacks and I'm sure he'll wait for You doing Your test rides...

@Timberwolf. Congrats to the result at the strip as well as the exhaust project! I believe Your setup is the one most similar to Hordboys, and he seems most satisfied with the Arrow map as the starting point, maybe combined with a couple of degrees more ign advance at high throttle/RPM:s. If smoothness at roll off/on is of great importance for Your setup (which would surprise me), You could have a look at the L-tables from mine or Waynes Jardine-map to find some possible mods.

My 2p - Good luck to all of You!

Last edited by roffe_s; 05-20-08 at 23:07.
post #38 of 276 Old 05-20-08, 21:01
Red 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper85 View Post
im with timber also!
I'm hearing that Wayne's (Tuneboy employee) 20109_2 is the tune we all want. it's smooth, provides useful power throughout the range and does not stall at stop lights.

However, it's is unclear if we need to disconnect the 02 sensor and/or check "uncheck 02 sensor" when installing the tune. I also think there is a set way to install the tune and then let the bike idle for 15 minutes, I don't know for sure, but I'm looking into this as well.

I think this all could be much easier and as soon I as figure it out I will make a simple "Tuneboy Jardine" post.

Bling Responsibly
post #39 of 276 Old 05-20-08, 23:23
Timberwolfz28

Send a message via AIM to Timberwolfz28 Send a message via Yahoo to Timberwolfz28
one thing I am running into is a dead spot when doing a quick tip-in off idle. I know that's not something we do often, but it does make me wonder what's going on in there to make it happen at all.
Basically, at idle, if you nail the throttle, it cuts out for a half second before taking off. if you smooth roll on from idle there's no problem.
like I said, this isn't a condition duplicated often on the street, but it does make me wonder...

any ideas?
post #40 of 276 Old 05-21-08, 00:01 Thread Starter
roffe_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolfz28 View Post
one thing I am running into is a dead spot when doing a quick tip-in off idle. ...Basically, at idle, if you nail the throttle, it cuts out for a half second before taking off. if you smooth roll on from idle there's no problem...any ideas?
This is one spot i struggled with when I started my map work. During every logging session, it always indicated too lean mixture in this area just after You "nail" the gas. But adding fuel didnt make the behaviour much better. However I believe the bike behave better after I adjusted the L-tables, and elimination of the O2-sensor (disables the closed loop-mode) as Wayne does in his Jardine-map might also contribute to the smoothness.

So my experience is that the problem can be reduced to a level where it isnt that noticeable with some changes in the map.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement