Attack Performance Rearset: Master Thread - Page 7 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #61 of 82 Old 10-16-16, 08:49
David CU

Here is another picture taken from the other side. Both lines are coming out from behind the large connectors behind the spring. One is going to the brake on the rearset (no slack), the other is going all the way to the rear brake.

I did try removing the large connectors to see if I could release some of the tight line but gave up after a few minutes... those connectors are tight and no room to get hands or tools in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1016160822_HDR.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	214865  

Last edited by David CU; 10-16-16 at 09:03.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 82 Old 10-16-16, 20:00
ALLoneUP
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David CU View Post
Here is another picture taken from the other side. Both lines are coming out from behind the large connectors behind the spring. One is going to the brake on the rearset (no slack), the other is going all the way to the rear brake.

I did try removing the large connectors to see if I could release some of the tight line but gave up after a few minutes... those connectors are tight and no room to get hands or tools in there.
ABS line?
post #63 of 82 Old 10-16-16, 20:25
David CU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLoneUP View Post
ABS line?
That's what I was thinking. I guess the Daytona is routed differently. I don't really know where to go from here, if it's even worth pursuing.

Could someone possibly post a few pictures of their 13+ D675 abs?

Last edited by David CU; 10-17-16 at 15:12.

post #64 of 82 Old 11-07-16, 15:05
*GT*

Garage
Hey guys, I believe this may be my first post. I recently picked up a track prepped 2014 Daytona with only 500 miles on the clock. The bike has AP rearsets with the Bazzaz QS. The previous owner never did get it to function properly. I've been all over the Triumph sites and wore out the search function trying to figure out why this thing won't work. I found a used pivot plate in the previous owners spare parts bin so I'm assuming he replaced that as well...ASSUMING. The QS shifts fine on the stand but will not function on the road under any kind of load; however, it will occasionally slip into gear at lower RPMS. The bike shifts fine when using the clutch. No problems there at all. Playing with the sensitively doesn't help at all either, and the module illuminates when I apply force to the shifter. I'm hoping somebody here can point me in the right direction. At this point I'm thinking it could be the geometry of the shift rod. I'll post a pic so you can see what I'm working with.

Edit: Apparently it's my 2nd post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2241.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	216353  
post #65 of 82 Old 11-28-16, 11:27
*GT*

Garage
Alright....good talk. In case anybody is following this or can benefit from my ham-fisted attempt to fix this thing, here's an update: Since my last post I completely disassembled the shifter assembly, bought a new shift rod, adjusted the rearset geometry, adjusted shifter sensitivity, and still got no love. As I was manually shifting through the gears on the stand I noticed the display was skipping 3rd gear. It would go from 1 - N - 2 - 4 - 5 - 6. I pulled it off and attempted to manually put it in the 3rd gear position. It continued to skip 3rd gear. It's definitely f*cked. The Bazzaz troubleshooting algorithm also points to the Gear Position Sensor (GPS) as the suspected culprit. I have a new one on order which comes with the updated wiring harness. More to follow.

Mods: At this point I doubt this is an AP Rearset issue. Feel free to move this to the appropriate forum.
post #66 of 82 Old 11-28-16, 11:43
tottenham12712

Quote:
Originally Posted by *GT* View Post
Alright....good talk. In case anybody is following this or can benefit from my ham-fisted attempt to fix this thing, here's an update: Since my last post I completely disassembled the shifter assembly, bought a new shift rod, adjusted the rearset geometry, adjusted shifter sensitivity, and still got no love. As I was manually shifting through the gears on the stand I noticed the display was skipping 3rd gear. It would go from 1 - N - 2 - 4 - 5 - 6. I pulled it off and attempted to manually put it in the 3rd gear position. It continued to skip 3rd gear. It's definitely f*cked. The Bazzaz troubleshooting algorithm also points to the Gear Position Sensor (GPS) as the suspected culprit. I have a new one on order which comes with the updated wiring harness. More to follow.

Mods: At this point I doubt this is an AP Rearset issue. Feel free to move this to the appropriate forum.

Your rear linkage isnt at 90* at least from that photo. Also using the top most hole isnt recommended, drop it down one. All linkages need to be at 90* otherwise shifting will be difficult.
post #67 of 82 Old 11-28-16, 12:04
*GT*

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham12712 View Post
Your rear linkage isnt at 90* at least from that photo. Also using the top most hole isnt recommended, drop it down one. All linkages need to be at 90* otherwise shifting will be difficult.
Agreed, and thanks for the response. For the record this (picture) is how the bike was setup when I picked it up. I made the suggested adjustments after reading several posts. I even bought a shorter shift rod to help me obtain 90* but nothing worked. It sounds like guys with faulty clutch switches are having similar issues, except I no longer have a clutch switch due to the race harness/ecu.

I forgot to mention that I also purchased to cheap laptop to help me diagnose/troubleshoot the issue. I downloaded the free Bazzaz software and everything looked fine until I noticed the gear position indicator (on the computer) wasn't registering the correct gear. It continued to show "neutral" regardless of what gear I had the bike in. That's when I notice the incorrect gear position on the motorcycle's display and discovered the faulty GPS. I'm REALLY hoping this is just an electrical issues and the new GPS will solve my problems. I'm usually not that lucky.
post #68 of 82 Old 11-28-16, 12:09
tottenham12712

Quote:
Originally Posted by *GT* View Post
Agreed, and thanks for the response. For the record this (picture) is how the bike was setup when I picked it up. I made the suggested adjustments after reading several posts. I even bought a shorter shift rod to help me obtain 90* but nothing worked. It sounds like guys with faulty clutch switches are having similar issues, except I no longer have a clutch switch due to the race harness/ecu.

I forgot to mention that I also purchased to cheap laptop to help me diagnose/troubleshoot the issue. I downloaded the free Bazzaz software and everything looked fine until I noticed the gear position indicator (on the computer) wasn't registering the correct gear. It continued to show "neutral" regardless of what gear I had the bike in. That's when I notice the incorrect gear position on the motorcycle's display and discovered the faulty GPS. I'm REALLY hoping this is just an electrical issues and the new GPS will solve my problems. I'm usually not that lucky.
I would call bazzaz personally. The GPS fault could stop the QS from working as the timings change based on gear, speed, and load so it might go into a fail safe and disable it. That being said Im guessing I run a power commander, with the stock QS.
post #69 of 82 Old 11-28-16, 13:14
*GT*

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham12712 View Post
I would call bazzaz personally. The GPS fault could stop the QS from working as the timings change based on gear, speed, and load so it might go into a fail safe and disable it. That being said Im guessing I run a power commander, with the stock QS.
Yeah man, that's kind of my thought process. I'll contact Bazzaz if the new GPS doesn't solve the problem. On a positive note at least I'm learning how to work on this bike. Thanks again for taking the time to chime in.
post #70 of 82 Old 11-28-16, 16:16
Victor Ward

While you are waiting on your new GPS, you should completely disassemble the those rearsets. Clean up all the threads and put on plenty of red Loctite for reassembly.

"The better you look, the more you see."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement