what did you do to your 675 today???? - Page 893 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #8921 of 9279 Old 05-01-17, 19:40
sergechronos

Garage
Yeah, think I'm gonna copy that idea. May see if I can find matching connectors to stock turns on Mouser or something and make a plug and play harness for it. Hate splicing into harnesses if it can be avoided.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8922 of 9279 Old 05-03-17, 10:17
Darkness14

Quote:
Originally Posted by torana9x View Post
Added LED indicators to the rear under-tail grill..

https://youtu.be/tEk5jU9aXzA

This is the exact thing I am trying to do for my bike except I'm trying to use red LED's instead, could you produce a write up or an instructional video? That would be awesome man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8923 of 9279 Old 05-04-17, 03:45
torana9x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness14 View Post
This is the exact thing I am trying to do for my bike except I'm trying to use red LED's instead, could you produce a write up or an instructional video? That would be awesome man

So basically i just soldered the + wire from the LED strip in to the existing indicator wire, then found a ground wire to solder the - wire in to.. Make sense?

2015 Daytona 675R

post #8924 of 9279 Old 05-04-17, 14:34
Darkness14

Quote:
Originally Posted by torana9x View Post
So basically i just soldered the + wire from the LED strip in to the existing indicator wire, then found a ground wire to solder the - wire in to.. Make sense?

Sure does, I did the same exact thing on my 300 before I sold it but I spliced to many times, I was hoping you maybe found a better way to connect. On my 300 I had the leds act not only as addition blinkers but brake lights as well and it turned out great. Have you heard of Rocks turn and brake kit??

post #8925 of 9279 Old 05-04-17, 18:37
sergechronos

Garage
Got back home from the road today, bike was delivered on Monday.

Only got about 25 miles on it before it started raining, but I can say it rides like a dream. Much more flickable than my 08, power delivery is smoother, all around just a more livable bike. Only complaint I have is that the OE Brembo master cylinder has like 1/2" or so where it doesn't do anything at all. Will probably upgrade that to a Brembo RCS19 like I have on the 08, but it can wait.

New Taylormade exhaust arrives tomorrow, but unfortunately I have to leave town again so that has to wait. Tail tidy arrived as well, but still waiting on the electrical connectors to make plug and play harnesses for this stuff.
post #8926 of 9279 Old 05-05-17, 00:15
torana9x

Quote:
Sure does, I did the same exact thing on my 300 before I sold it but I spliced to many times, I was hoping you maybe found a better way to connect. On my 300 I had the leds act not only as addition blinkers but brake lights as well and it turned out great. Have you heard of Rocks turn and brake kit??

No I have not heard of it, I will look in to it though..

2015 Daytona 675R
post #8927 of 9279 Old 05-05-17, 17:03
ramnakhle

Garage
Rode her like she oughtta be ridden

post #8928 of 9279 Old 05-05-17, 21:52
sergechronos

Garage
Quote:

I ordered the parts, just going to make a Y-shaped adapter harness for mine. Pins and connectors are cheap. But this will let me have these turns, plus the tail tidy turns.
post #8929 of 9279 Old 05-07-17, 13:53
Darkness14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergechronos View Post
I ordered the parts, just going to make a Y-shaped adapter harness for mine. Pins and connectors are cheap. But this will let me have these turns, plus the tail tidy turns.

Just turn signals or will they act as brakes as well

post #8930 of 9279 Old 05-07-17, 14:40
whirlybird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post

I refilled my D675's steering damper. These have a reputation for being crap but it's only because over time they seep a little even with perfect seals and then they get air in them, causing poor damping and a squishy feel. When I got mine off it was half empty, and pushing it through it's stroke you could feel it hit air pockets.

The trick to filling these is to get all the air out of them. Most people try to use a small syringe but it's impossible to get all the air out that way, so here's a better way. A funnel hooked up to a clear plastic tube. Then you just keep pumping until all the air gets out and you don't see any more bubbles. Fork oil is the most common fluid, and it has the benefit of being available in many weights. Probably 15W or 20W is the most common but I went up to 30W for more damping ability. Got it back in, went for a ride and the damper felt much better. It actually damps like I would expect it to now.

Zaph, I need to do this on mine. I can figure how to drain it I'm sure. What is the proper procedure for filling it? Just hook up the clear tube to a funnel and fill the funnel then push the plunger on the damper back and forth until no more bubbles come out?

MRA #144

2017 MRA Thunderbike Class Champion

Sponsors:
XL3 Rigging, Rider's Discount, Imperial Sportbikes, Un!nk Printworks

2015 Triumph D675
Sponsored Links
Advertisement