Maybe the Street Triple 800 isnt going to be a good thing...thoughts? - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #41 of 83 Old 03-17-16, 07:37
xorbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstevens View Post
My thoughts are that bike engines might need to increase in cc to keep the same power output. Euro4 regulations have already done that with a few European bikes. The Ducati "small superbike" is up to a 959 now from 899cc. That's near enough a 1000cc. Yamaha, BMW and MV are all producing 800's. The 675 is a cracking engine, but new bikes will be strangled by the euro4 regs. The only other way to go is down, lots of sub 400cc bikes nowadays.
I just realized last week that this is happening in general. Manufs won't be allowed run the engines "hard" since the upper band has more emissions. So they have to oversize and not use the full potential. I think this is basically what vw gave the finger too, now their sky is falling.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 83 Old 03-17-16, 16:51
cjwwd2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstevens View Post
My thoughts are that bike engines might need to increase in cc to keep the same power output. Euro4 regulations have already done that with a few European bikes. The Ducati "small superbike" is up to a 959 now from 899cc. That's near enough a 1000cc. Yamaha, BMW and MV are all producing 800's. The 675 is a cracking engine, but new bikes will be strangled by the euro4 regs. The only other way to go is down, lots of sub 400cc bikes nowadays.
Damn Europeans. Euro4 is a bunch of crap. It's sad to see manufacturers have to limit the potential of their bikes and completely redesign them for something that is completely unncessary. It's a perfect example of government regulations runamok.
post #43 of 83 Old 03-17-16, 17:04
Grazzo

Garage
Agreed!!!

- Grazzo

post #44 of 83 Old 03-18-16, 17:35
Folkwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwwd2 View Post
Damn Europeans. Euro4 is a bunch of crap. It's sad to see manufacturers have to limit the potential of their bikes and completely redesign them for something that is completely unncessary. It's a perfect example of government regulations runamok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
I just realized last week that this is happening in general. Manufs won't be allowed run the engines "hard" since the upper band has more emissions. So they have to oversize and not use the full potential. I think this is basically what vw gave the finger too, now their sky is falling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzo View Post
Agreed!!!
The same thing is happening with passenger cars. Unfortunately, bikes don't have the luxury of just turbocharging everything to make up for the change in displacement/emissions.

Look at Mercedes-AMG cars as one example. Everything is being downsized and turbocharged....but they keep making more power. They don't even make a naturally aspirated AMG car anymore.

Turbocharging on bikes is too complicated and adds too much weight.
post #45 of 83 Old 03-21-16, 13:00
Bgriff008

I have virtually transformed the looks of my 2009 STR I bought this time (spring 2015) last year. Bike looks far from the stock look and I love what I have done. I don't plan on ever getting rid of it.
post #46 of 83 Old 03-21-16, 13:03
Bgriff008

Sorry for the sideways pic. Darn iPhone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	196538  
post #47 of 83 Old 05-11-16, 22:52
MBZuki

Should be competitive or surpass the FZ-09 and the like?
post #48 of 83 Old 05-11-16, 22:54
Superhawk

Why would you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgriff008 View Post
Sorry for the sideways pic. Darn iPhone
No need to sell something that beautiful that rides as near perfect.

Know God; Know Peace

Kevin/34: "I pull that chin strap tight - We're on a racetrack. We're out here riding motorcycles. You put your helmet on, you pull that chin strap tight, there should be nothing but a smile on your face. Because what the hell else would you rather be doing?"
post #49 of 83 Old 05-12-16, 08:09
mcteague

post #50 of 83 Old 05-12-16, 14:41
crzygreek

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
Looks like they didn't want to go too far off the current generation of 675, which is fine with me as it is a great platform to start-off with. I also like the new speedy headlamps and the led running light... Color me excited!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement