This is Brandy, she's a fine girl.. (2012 Daytona 675R) - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 2 Old 06-29-20, 15:43 Thread Starter
hiimchad

Garage
This is Brandy, she's a fine girl.. (2012 Daytona 675R)

Hey everyone,

I've been on the forum here for many years, but haven't been big on posting, and want to take this opportunity to try being a bit more active on the forum. I joined back in 2015 when I was initially daydreaming about owning a Daytona 675, and that dream was realized in August of that year, when I purchased a Tornado Red 2006 Daytona 675 that I affectionately named Emma. I had her for about 4 years, the last 6 months of which she was sitting without an engine. After ejecting large metal scraps through the sump, I purchased a used engine advertised as running from a seller on eBay, who sent me an engine with damage including a blown head gasket and internal rust, which I eventually resolved, but needless to say I was apprehensive to roll the dice on eBay again. You can read about her here if you'd like: https://www.triumph675.net/forum/sho...d.php?t=195522

Anyways, in the time Emma was sitting without an engine, and after I had cleaned up the mess with the eBay seller, I decided the easiest way for me to get riding again was to shop for another bike, and I eventually stumbled upon this 2012 Daytona 675R that was a bit rough around the edges. She'd had a minor down on the left side and was repainted jet black after the accident, and still needed a good amount of love to be up to my standards (rashed stator cover and pegs, broken tail fairing mounting tab, leaking fork seal, tags back 2 years, and some other oddities). But, with a clean title, just 8K miles (only 500 from the then-owner), a solid test ride, and the lowest price I've heard of for a running, straight 675R, we made a deal. I had listened to the song, "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)", by Looking Glass on the way to go pick her up, so upon signing the paperwork, I gave her that name. She has been a project, but having many spare parts from my old D675, I was able to get her roadworthy in about a month, and to where she currently sits in less than a year. ~4700 miles later, she's up to date on maintenance, been to Chuckwalla 3 times, and I'm still in love with her! :)

As she sits now:

In track mode:

How she's looked in the past:

And how she looked the day I rode her home:

Mods:

Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen
TOR slip-on exhaust
Attack Performance Rear Sets (GP shift)
GB Racing case covers
GB Racing frame sliders
R&G carbon fiber tank sliders
TechSpec Snakeskin tank grips
APE race CCT
Competition Werkes fender eliminator
Ohlins 10 N/mm fork springs
CL XBK5 front brake pads
Renthal medium-compound grips
OER Ducati 848 brake lever
Clutch lever
Clip-ons
Bar-end mirror
Brake lever guard
6000K HIDs
Integrated LED taillight and LED under tail signals
Flush mount front signals
Dunlop Q4s - 120/70/17 front, 180/60/17 rear
Suspension tuned by AJ at Paradigm Racing
Subframe painted Candy Apple Red
Tail fairing and seat cowl repainted to match the rest of the bike
Decals

Parts I recycled from my old Daytona:

Gold DID 525 chain and sprockets (OE specs, lightly used)
OEM front brake rotors
OEM carbon fiber exhaust shroud (The one that came on the bike has a little damage)
Tail fairing and seat cowl
Frame sliders
Rear sets (then replaced them with Attacks)
Drilled handlebar tubes

Last edited by hiimchad; 07-02-20 at 12:18. Reason: info
The Following User Says Thank You to hiimchad For This Useful Post:
Shamrock (07-01-20)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-29-20, 17:47 Thread Starter
hiimchad
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
And here's a few photos from Chuckwalla last month. I went back in January for the first time in nearly 3 years and am starting to get comfortable again.

The Following User Says Thank You to hiimchad For This Useful Post:
NewYork (06-29-20)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement