2015 Street Triple - Daytona 675R front-end conversion (aka Hooligaz RS Build) - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #21 of 53 Old 12-19-17, 17:39 Thread Starter
Hooligaz675
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnRandall View Post
That looks great!

What's the paint color code information? I have some stuff I'd like to paint to match my matte graphite Street Triple R.
Thank you!

STANDOX STANDOBLUE
Manufacturer TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLES
Code LS
Color name MATT GRAPHITE
Panel No 861648
Var.
Color change
Paint system STANDOBLUE BASECOAT
Coat BASECOAT
Finish type FLAT
Type Metallic
PB
Standard Date 7/28/2010
Formulation Date 1/8/2013
Revision
Form-No 7214715
Local serial number
Sample model information

http://www.standox.com/corporate/en_...standowin.html

- Do Not Open—No User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 Old 12-20-17, 17:50
Alejandro Bautista Garcia

I think it's the prettiest tst!!
the engine is stock or has some modification?
Is the 95cv?

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
post #23 of 53 Old 12-20-17, 18:02
tjlazeruk

That's a massive investment but it looks absolutely amazing, great job. I went a different route and put the R front in and Daytona ohlins on the rear. Compared to the stock triple it is amazing, so much quicker to turn and more 'on its toes'. Mines an every day ride that has to keep going through most of winter so kept fairly stock looking. Really interested to hear how you're getting on with the QS. That is probably the last thing I'll do to mine...for the next 6 months anyways.
Edit - forget the arrow and buy the SC Project unit. It's much lighter and far sexier sounding. Arrow gives lots of bass but the SC gives you roll off bangs like a machine gun that never get old :)

post #24 of 53 Old 12-20-17, 18:17 Thread Starter
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro Bautista Garcia View Post
I think it's the prettiest tst!!
the engine is stock or has some modification?
Is the 95cv?

Thank you!

It's the stock engine without any mods.

I had to search the net for 95CV since I didn't know what it was. But no it's the 106CV. All Street Triple 675 13+ models (Standard, R and Rx) we have are 106CV.

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)
post #25 of 53 Old 12-20-17, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligaz675 View Post
Thank you!

It's the stock engine without any mods.

I had to search the net for 95CV since I didn't know what it was. But no it's the 106CV. All Street Triple 675 13+ models (Standard, R and Rx) we have are 106CV.
Aah, on spain the tst no R has 95cv to other license

post #26 of 53 Old 12-20-17, 18:49 Thread Starter
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlazeruk View Post
That's a massive investment but it looks absolutely amazing, great job. I went a different route and put the R front in and Daytona ohlins on the rear. Compared to the stock triple it is amazing, so much quicker to turn and more 'on its toes'. Mines an every day ride that has to keep going through most of winter so kept fairly stock looking. Really interested to hear how you're getting on with the QS. That is probably the last thing I'll do to mine...for the next 6 months anyways.
Edit - forget the arrow and buy the SC Project unit. It's much lighter and far sexier sounding. Arrow gives lots of bass but the SC gives you roll off bangs like a machine gun that never get old :)
Thank you!
I bet the KYB R front forks and Ohlins TTX36 combo is also great.
I wanted to have Brembo RCS19 M/C and Brembo monoblocs together with Ohlins forks on my bike 'cause I thought that's what Triumph should offer with the Rx.

Thanks to @jdgun_13 , the Ohlins NIX30 forks and Brembo M4 monoblocs fresh from a Daytona 675R didn't break the bank.

The trickiest part for me was to get the geometry right with the Ohlins NIX 30 forks though... Since Ohlins forks are 20mm longer than KYB standard forks and 12mm than KYB adjustable R forks. If adjusted the Ohlins forks 28mm +20 = 48mm (measured from the flat section underneath the top clamp to the top of the fork excluding the cap) it became so twitchy. If adjusted them @ 28mm + 12mm = 40mm then the bike handled well but running wide at cornering. I finally found the sweet spot at 44mm and extremely happy with the handling.

As for the newest Triumph QS it's a real gem. I really enjoy having it and highly recommend it. Triumph P# is A9938249. It's the one with the red label instead of the blue one that also comes factory installed on the RS.

Believe it or not I am happy with the stock exhaust. My only gripe with the aftermarket slip-ons is that the engine looses a bit of torque at lower RPMs. I like the bass tone of the Arrow slip-on but yet it doesn't offer anything else IMO. I'm still not sure on the SC Project conic exhaust. It offers weight savings for sure but it sounds too loud for me without the baffle. Anyways the last part on my list is an Ohlins rear-shock. Once I get it then I'll consider the slip-on and keep your suggestion in mind ;)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hooligaz675 For This Useful Post:
jdgun_13 (12-20-17), tjlazeruk (12-20-17)
post #27 of 53 Old 12-20-17, 20:23 Thread Starter
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
Aah, on spain the tst no R has 95cv to other license

Yes interesting I wasn't aware of that until you mentioned 95CV.

Since Triumph didn't manufacture a 95PS 675 ST engine AFAIK, I bet they use a restrictor kit for A2 license. I'm not 100% but if they put a restrictor kit on your bike then it's possible to unrestrict your bike's engine to its default 106PS.

post #28 of 53 Old 12-21-17, 03:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligaz675 View Post
Yes interesting I wasn't aware of that until you mentioned 95CV.

Since Triumph didn't manufacture a 95PS 675 ST engine AFAIK, I bet they use a restrictor kit for A2 license. I'm not 100% but if they put a restrictor kit on your bike then it's possible to unrestrict your bike's engine to its default 106PS.
With the A2 yo can ride bikes with 47cv or limited to 47 from 95, i unrestrict it and now has 95, but nobody knows how to get 106, i think that is the map but we can't change..

And throttle body opens to the maximum

post #29 of 53 Old 12-22-17, 11:34
TwistyWristy

Garage
Your bike looks amazing man! I am also getting the 3D tank badges at some point for my 2017 STR but I cannot make my mind up on either to buy the silver or black ones.
Seeing the silver on yours makes my decision even more tough, it looks great with the matte gray since that is the color of my bike.

It's not how fast you go, it's how well you go fast.
post #30 of 53 Old 12-22-17, 12:09 Thread Starter
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
With the A2 yo can ride bikes with 47cv or limited to 47 from 95, i unrestrict it and now has 95, but nobody knows how to get 106, i think that is the map but we can't change..

And throttle body opens to the maximum

I see. Well I don't know how to unrestrict your bike to its full potential either. But if you ask to the forum gurus i'm pretty sure you can find the answer ;)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement