Well now I want a D675 so bad it hurts.... - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #21 of 30 Old 12-10-05, 23:26
AdamB
Retired Administrator

Re: Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by decipral
I give him 3 days max. I know the craving and urge. I messed up my acl in 4th of july last year and had to take time off the bike to have surgery and rehab my knee. That was the hardest 6 months of my life!
Good lord man! You were busy tonight. Hope you get back to the states soon and enjoy your bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 12-11-05, 02:07
Zennmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleCarlsbad

I have a perfectly set-up, full tank of gas, ready to rock, ZX-6R sitting in the garage..........that now belongs to my wife, and since we are only a one bike family (until March) I will not be a dickhead and go riding without her.

So Iím going to get out there and hit the trails on the old Klein and enjoy the day!
Ya know, what??? MORE POWER TO YA, BRO!!!

Stories like this remind me of the time I was sitting at dinner with my girlfriend at the time and her parents. Dad announced "There is a 25 percent chance that I will be buying a motorcycle". Mom replied: "If you get a motorcycle, I am divorcing you." Dad responded with: "There is a 50 percent chance that I am buying a motorcycle!".

If you managed to find and marry a woman who is actually INTO riding with you, and not into telling you that you can't have a bike, then you need to do exactly what you are doing and ride the snot out of that Klein for as long as you need to!

I knew I had a keeper when her only respose to my buying ANOTHER bike was "Okay, but I pick the color!"
post #23 of 30 Old 12-11-05, 02:33
Zennmaster

Re: Well now I want a D675 so bad it hurts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarchi
I need to chill a little. Seeing the Daytona was/is a real buzz... I want one.

I have a good bike.. have cheap insurance.. I'm healthy, I'm riding, life is good, as Kirk likes to tell me. I have no reason to feel dissatisfied.

Help me get over this. Uh.... oops, wrong forum I guess. :roll:
I went through something similar before I plunked down my deposit. Hope this helps...

Where I live, a Subaru Forester starts at around $23,000US. If you add some options, you can get it to $30,000. This is for a very slightly glorified station wagon. Okay, you can get one that's 4 years old with 75,000 miles for about $16-23K, depending again on the options.

My mother-in-law just got an estimate to remodel the (tiny) kitchen in her 1950's vintage Ranch-style house; new sheetrock, floors and cabinets: Over $40,000.

Not too long ago, while making a pit stop, a guy in his mid-fifties got out of his BMW Roadster, came over and asked me how loud it was inside my helmet at highway speed. A nice enough guy, but I couldn't help but notice that his car cost him at least three times what my bike cost me. I can't imagine he was having 3 times as much fun as I was. If you're going to have a "Midlife Crisis"-type vehicle, you can keep a whole stable of bikes fed, watered and insured for what one Porsche would eat up.

A new 675 is $9K. Of course, you can't take your kid to daycare on the bike, and it won't increase the resale value of your house, but in the grand scheme of things, 9 grand really isn't all THAT much, especially if you can get some decent financing. And how can you put a price on that indestructable good mood you'll be in for at least six months??? :D

Also, I think there is some reality to the idea that once you find the bike that's -right- for you (at least right now), there's really no other way to get over the lust than to just go ahead and do it!

Rationalization - A very often underestimated and misunderstood art form...

-Z

post #24 of 30 Old 12-11-05, 11:22 Thread Starter
Sarchi
T675.net Founding Father...
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Send a message via MSN to Sarchi Send a message via Skype™ to Sarchi
Michael, that's a fine argument but it wouldn't make it to square one with SWMBO. I need something more potent...

post #25 of 30 Old 12-11-05, 12:29
Zennmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarchi
Michael, that's a fine argument but it wouldn't make it to square one with SWMBO. I need something more potent...
I might suggest doing some moping and being generally unpleasant for a while, then going for a ride, after which you turn on the charm and become Mr. Sweetie, bring home flowers, that kind of stuff. The idea being to associate the "happy and pleasant" version of yourself with the bike, and the "grumpy and troll-like" version with being bike-less (or in your case, insufficiently biked).

Never underestimate the power of being seen as being happy!

This is, basically, a grown-up and reversed version of pouting until you get your way. But as has been discussed somewhere else in these forums, this whole enterprise is pretty adolescent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best of luck!
post #26 of 30 Old 12-13-05, 10:16
decipral

Send a message via Yahoo to decipral
Time

Yes, all are adolescent at heart.
Yep you guys keep me busy at work. Since I have a very boring desk job out here I need something to pass the time.
My fiance' is all about riding and she knows that is my happy place. So she supports me. She made me so proud the other day. She used to want breast implants, I brought up the subject in a chat with her and this was her response "Honestly, I think you have gotten to me. I've been thinking abouting riding more and more lately and have decided that I would like a bike!" YES!!!!! :P

FORMER RIDE:CBR F4i- Gone But Not Forgotten
#223 Graphite Grey Daytona 675
post #27 of 30 Old 12-13-05, 10:31
administrator
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to administrator
Hmmmm, getting her a bike or getting the breast implants, that might be a tough choice! :lol: :lol:
post #28 of 30 Old 12-13-05, 11:20
stabby

Send a message via MSN to stabby
blurgh..inplants are nice to llok at, but if you have to touch them...bluuurrgh. // //
bike is better any day.

#96 Racer on hold
post #29 of 30 Old 12-13-05, 17:24
decipral

Send a message via Yahoo to decipral
Implants

Implants are aesthetically nice, but thats it. Much more use out of the motorcycle. :D

FORMER RIDE:CBR F4i- Gone But Not Forgotten
#223 Graphite Grey Daytona 675
post #30 of 30 Old 12-14-05, 00:31
kneepuck

Implants are like Harleys. All show no go.

If you don't smile every time you climb aboard your 675, fire it up, and chuck it into a corner, donít bother checking your pulse. Youíre already dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement