Attack Performance Rearset: Master Thread - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 92 Old 06-10-14, 14:11 Thread Starter
Beeglowbot

Garage
Post Attack Performance Rearset: Master Thread

I wanted to consolidate all of the information on we have available on the Attack Rearsets floating around our forum for future reference. I'll start off with what I can recall and if I miss something, please contribute and I will add it onto the list.

=====================
INSTALLATION ISSUES
=====================
  • Shift rod clearance through frame: Simply add washers to the main mounting points.
  • (2013+)Rear brake master cylinder alignment: Remove rear reservoir from frame, remove or loosen exup motor. Align everything and install. Put everything back together. The problem is the exup motor is blocking all of the hard lines connected to the MC. Source
  • Brake return spring mount (lack of): Woodcraft Return Spring (Source), Ziptie the stock spring between two points. Or just leave it off, the Brembo masters have an internal return spring (please confirm same for Nissin MC?)
  • Brake sensor mount (lack of): Ziptie sensor body to rearset, clip spring to lever arm. If spring isn't long enough, use ziptie as extension (Source).Or just leave off if you're ok with just front sensor.
  • Peg adjustments: You can swap the left and right side footpegs around and flip them upside down which will lower them even further. ~Nastybutler

=====================
HARD NEUTRAL SOLUTIONS
=====================
  • Mount the shift rod on the lowest mounting point on the lever (higher up = harder to find neutrals). (Source)
  • Make sure the shift rod and linkage clamp are at a 90 angle. (Source)
  • Clean and slightly lube all Heim joints. (Source)
  • Make sure no part of the shift rod is contacting the frame, use washers on main mounting points to create a gap if it does.
  • Make sure none of the bolt ends on the lever is protruding and rubbing on the rearset itself. Grind off or washer to space.

=====================
GP SHIFT SETUP GUIDE
=====================

https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47289

Additional notes:
  • Requires shift rod replacement: M6/M6 Male 188mm (anything from 184mm to 190ish will work, depends on your preferred angle)
  • Stainless steel rods are recommended over aluminum. Aluminum threads do hold up. ~TJ
  • Pull Quickshifters will retain functionality (stock QS is pull), no need to replace. ~TJ

=====================
MEASUREMENTS
=====================
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapcon View Post
On both the Attack and Rizomas, there are 3 rows, each with 3 different heights. In other words, there are 9 different positions you can have. In the list below, I have labeled the rows by number ("1" being the most forward) and the heights by letter ("a" being the highest). I measured each position from the highest point on each respective peg to the floor. Additionally, I measured the arm (distance from the center of the mounting bolt to the center of the peg) and have highlighted that measurement in red.

MEASUREMENTS:

STOCK

Fixed at 387mm 140mm

RIZOMA

1a) 395mm 134mm
1b) 385mm 136mm
1c) 375mm 140mm

2a) 395mm 146mm
2b) 385mm 149mm
2c) 375mm 151mm

3a) 400mm 159mm
3b) 390mm 160mm
3c) 380mm 161mm

ATTACK PERFORMANCE

1a) 419mm 110mm
1b) 409mm 110mm
1c) 395mm 110mm

2a) 419mm 122mm
2b) 405mm 123mm
2c) 395mm 125mm

3a) 419mm 136mm
3b) 405mm 137mm
3c) 395mm 139mm
(Source)

Last edited by Beeglowbot; 06-09-15 at 10:28. Reason: addtl QS setup info
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beeglowbot For This Useful Post:
Cheyenne Bodie (07-29-18), dnagir (11-05-14), MGFChapin (05-05-16), 58857 (07-21-14), Nastybutler (06-10-14)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 Old 06-10-14, 19:04
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Garage
Thanks for this. One thing about the measurements on the AP's is that you can swap the left and right side footpegs around and flip them upside down which will lower them even further. I tried it, but I didn't like how my feet lined up with the brake/shifter levers. Others may have better success.

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
Trinity's Build Thread
post #3 of 92 Old 06-10-14, 22:41 Thread Starter
Beeglowbot
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Sure thing. Yea that's what I was thinking too when I took mine out of the box, but didn't bother trying as I wanted mine higher. Yea it hurts my feet when the levers is too leveled with the peg.

post #4 of 92 Old 07-17-14, 21:41
easbaysav

Didn't notice that my shift rod was rubbing against the frame until my tuner pointed that out. I bought a slightly longer ProBolt shift rod to make for more adjustability (GP shift) without having to worry about running out of threads on the OEM shift rod and quickshifter so I addressed the rubbing issue when I changed the rod.

Length difference between the ProBolt and OEM shift rod:

Where the shift rod rubbed against the frame:

The part of the frame the shift rod rubbed against:

Added a couple washers that are about the same thickness as the spacers that came with the Attacks.

New shift rod installed:

The new gap between the shift rod and frame. The slimmer shift rod and washers were sufficient in keeping the two from further contact:

The washer/spacer stack:

The Following User Says Thank You to easbaysav For This Useful Post:
Beeglowbot (07-18-14)
post #5 of 92 Old 07-17-14, 22:48
boloson

Did u use a longer bolt where the 2 washers are used by the frame?
post #6 of 92 Old 07-17-14, 23:19
easbaysav

Nope. Those are the OEM bolts.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

post #7 of 92 Old 07-21-14, 11:49

I hope Attack updates the design a bit to solve some of the issues people are having. I want these rearsets really bad but I am holding off because of these little annoyances here and there. I want to go back to GP shift. =[
post #8 of 92 Old 07-21-14, 12:38
RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor

Fairly certain the only updates are on the brake side this year. (ability to use OEM brake light switch and spring).

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
The Following User Says Thank You to RidersDiscount For This Useful Post:
Beeglowbot (07-21-14)
post #9 of 92 Old 07-21-14, 13:10 Thread Starter
Beeglowbot
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by msanabria View Post
I hope Attack updates the design a bit to solve some of the issues people are having. I want these rearsets really bad but I am holding off because of these little annoyances here and there. I want to go back to GP shift. =[
I really wouldn't let any of this stuff keep you from getting a set. All of the info is here and the rest of the forum. Nothing that isn't already solved.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #10 of 92 Old 07-21-14, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersDiscount View Post
Fairly certain the only updates are on the brake side this year. (ability to use OEM brake light switch and spring).
Then maybe I'll look into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeglowbot View Post
I really wouldn't let any of this stuff keep you from getting a set. All of the info is here and the rest of the forum. Nothing that isn't already solved.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Makes sense. If I'm gonna do it I'm gonna do everything at once (sato spindle holder, attack rearsets, and pro bolt shift rod.) Gotta save some cash for that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement