Triumph 675 Forums banner

06 Daytona Misfiring 4-5k revs

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Stephen Pilsworth 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

So I bought a 2006 Daytona 675 16k miles a few months ago and have been suffering a sluggish, bogging down issue with it.

When accelerating with light to moderate throttle, the bike seems to misfire or bog down between 4-5k revs. I have to open the throttle more to get it past this bogging down area. From idle to 4K and from 5k all the way to red line appears to run perfectly.

When I bought it the guy said it had been set up for track racing. It has a power commander III and an aftermarket exhaust, from what I can tell that is all but maybe other mods have been carried out on the past such as exup removed but I’m not sure.

Because the bike runs well at all over revs including right into red line, I’m assuming it must be a sensor or the Map as if it was spark, air or fuel then it would most likely develop problems at idle or at the top end.

Any suggestions would be great

#2 ·
Sounds like an adaption issue caused by the TPS sensor. If you have access to tuneecu and an odb2 cable you can reset the adaption.

Once reset start the bike and leave to idle from cold till the fan kicks in. Key off then on and see if that fixes, if not repeat the above stage again.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Is it possible to do this with the power commander IIl? If not, do you know if you need to buy an OBD2 sensor compatible with the TuneEcu or do most Bluetooth OBD2 sensors work? I read that the Android version is the only compatible system that works now

#4 ·
Not sure if you can do it with a power commander.

I know the windows version can be a pain at times, though I know the Android version gets updated so it works better

Best OBD2 cables are from lonelec which you'll find on eBay, never had an issue with that brand.

You can try and force the adaption by starting the bike from cold and leaving to idle for 20 mins without any touching if the throttle. Once done just open the throttle to 5k and see if it wobbles

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.