Triumph 675 Forums banner

The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride.

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  café_racer 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone going to this event, it's worldwide, it looks like it's going to be a lot of people here in aus going to this event :) also aus is ranked number 1 in raised funds.. and second to most riders sign up for this event...this is going to be something! Lol

http://www.gentlemansride.com

Video
http://vimeo.com/m/81356954

#3 ·
They're quite strict this year with who can attend based on bike type. I did it last year with my V7 Guzzi but sold that for the Street so I'm "disqualified". Was good fun but so many Harleys and BMW GS started showing up which killed it a little. I'm quite happy they're keeping it strictly cafe, brat, bobber etc.

#7 ·
You mean I can't ride my streety in this. Whatever I am still going to show up with my buddy who has a old school sporty and my sister who has a cafe style sporty. Maybe I will buy a shitty Honda CX500 for this. I'll be at the Tampa one for sure.

#8 ·
I was kinda hoping that because triumph are the major sponsor, that I could ride my Daytona... I'll happily ride in an open faced helmet and wear a fetching 3 piece suit.
Would look especially good with my current facial hair situation. :thumbsup:

Oh well, have to organise a project for next year....

#9 ·
Few years back, out of all the bikes I saw riding in this event, all classic bikes, just 1 ducati 848 white colour LOL, I don't care what you ride if you came to this event as it's all just for fun, but I know people will look at you since you are the only odd one out haha.

#12 · (Edited)
Lol I wouldn't care if you ride a modern super sport bike in this event even tho it's suppose to be classic only, but I know some people will give you the odd look haha, the event is over anyway, they raised a total of $1,642,484. The original money goal was $1,137,183. I missed out on this years ride, anyways it was shitty windy rainy weather, hoping to go next years DGR event :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.