Triumph 675 Forums banner

F/S: Captive wheel spacers

44K views 199 replies 62 participants last post by  Bamboo671 
#1 · (Edited)
I was making a set up for myself and decided to make a few extras since the machine was set for them. If anyone is interested I'll do a full set for $60 shipped. $35 for a front or rear set. I think I made 5 extra sets. For the 06-12? bikes.

See less See more
#3 ·
What's the reason for these? Just for wheel changes?

#4 ·
You know those little spacers that pop out and roll away from you while you're fighting the brake caliper bracket and trying to get the chain on and axle through the holes all at the same time, lol? Captive spacers make things soooo much easier. One of these days, I'm going to do the captive brake bracket as well. Front wheel was never an issue for me, but that rear wheel...........

#7 ·
They pop in with an angled twist and then stay in. They are worth every penny and you won't find a single person to disagree. The first time I did a rear tire change I was dazed by the ponder of WTF was Triumph thinking. I'm sure there was a snicker on the face of the engineer that came up with this sick stacking game!

Reactions: pyroking339
#8 ·
Yup, no experience required. They seat behind the seal and just hang in when the wheel pops out. You do need to grind a bit off the circ-clips on the front wheels or the backs of the spacers will get chewed up. With the rear wheel it's just pop them in and go. Saves so much time on a job that usually needs 3 hands.

#14 ·
Hey Nathan,

Got the captive spacers today - thanks much!

Since I've had a set of bearings ready to go (and recently bought a proper bearing seating tool) I decided to do the bearings as well.

For anyone who hasn't done this before - it's pretty easy - especially if you put the bearings in the freezer and heat the wheel hub. Having the correct tools helps too.

Anyway - thanks again!

#35 ·
+1 of you make more sets I'll take a rear only if you're willing to do that

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.